Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370686 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10905 on: February 11, 2014, 10:19:22 pm »

I made it to the second night in Cataclysm:DDA. Then I was mobbed as I took shelter in a house by a bajillion monsters. I still have much to learn I guess.

Spoiler: Memorial File (click to show/hide)

Cataclysm:DDA
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10906 on: February 12, 2014, 12:38:53 am »

No death this time, I just realized that my last death was caused by putting on a ring of conflict right as I came upon Minetown :-[
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10907 on: February 12, 2014, 12:41:31 am »

So newby am I at nethack, that this Minetown seems like endgame to me.

Got there again for the second time ever, only to be killed by a "rock mole."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10908 on: February 12, 2014, 01:27:07 am »

Too many bullets, missiles, lasers, triangle things, etcetera.
I thank you for your first post to the forum, but could you 1. read the first post, just in case there are thread rules. and 2. please post the name of the game as it is the one rule of the thread.

plus my last death was from the elves and their small army attacking my dungeon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10909 on: February 12, 2014, 04:29:46 am »

Minetown IS my endgame, because I have awful luck with shrines and thus rely on minetown's guaranteed shrine.  I'll typically come in with a list of things that I need, get bogged down by various incidents, and then die in a ridiculous fashion.  My best Nethack game ever ended in Minetown when I drank a potion of polymorph as a way of identifying it, turned into a blue dragon as a result of wearing dragon scale mail, and then melee attacked a cockitrice.  Instant *stone dragon statue*

There was once this string of three deaths, all in the same instance of Minetown due to bones files, that I refer to as "the invisible jaguar incident".
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10910 on: February 12, 2014, 04:59:02 am »

As a wizard, I spawned with an uncursed ring of polymorph. I put it on, couldn't figure out how to use it, then forgot about it.

~400 turns later: You shudder for a moment. You die...

Lesson learned, don't try to polymorph at level 1 with a ring you don't know how to use.

Nethack.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10911 on: February 12, 2014, 05:06:34 am »

Minetown IS my endgame, because I have awful luck with shrines and thus rely on minetown's guaranteed shrine.  I'll typically come in with a list of things that I need, get bogged down by various incidents, and then die in a ridiculous fashion.  My best Nethack game ever ended in Minetown when I drank a potion of polymorph as a way of identifying it, turned into a blue dragon as a result of wearing dragon scale mail, and then melee attacked a cockitrice.  Instant *stone dragon statue*

There was once this string of three deaths, all in the same instance of Minetown due to bones files, that I refer to as "the invisible jaguar incident".
It's really not worth going to Minetown unless you have a plan to quickly dash to one of the shops, buy/sell everything you can, and then GTFO before a wererat with a potion of invisibility chips you to death.

On that topic, I accidentally kicked a shopkeeper while hallucinating. That was a terrible idea.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10912 on: February 12, 2014, 06:27:39 am »

KeeperRL
Why was I not informed of this.

...in related news, couldn't figure out how to command my numberless underlings, so I had to go kill some elves myself. My minions did show up as well, but they managed to wound me enough that I died trying to flee.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spacefaye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10913 on: February 12, 2014, 12:23:33 pm »

I tried to play NetHack, but I couldn't because every fucking door was closed.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10914 on: February 12, 2014, 12:35:29 pm »

You can open doors.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10915 on: February 12, 2014, 12:41:04 pm »

And kick down the locked ones (though lockpicking is quieter.)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10916 on: February 12, 2014, 01:01:34 pm »

Lara Croft got eaten by a wolf.   :P  Dang quicktime events!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10917 on: February 12, 2014, 05:42:16 pm »

It's stuff like this that's the reason why I love roguelikes.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10918 on: February 12, 2014, 05:47:03 pm »

That's weird, my first ever visit to Minetown (as a chaotic monk) ended in a highly similar way. Except it was a polymorph trap, and a red dragon.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10919 on: February 12, 2014, 08:34:43 pm »

I'm pretty sure Minetown is the deepest that I've gotten, except one freak game where it felt like I survived forever until I was killed by fifty invisible uruk-hai. In my next run I'm considering skipping the Mines altogether, or turning back as soon as I see Minetown.
Pages: 1 ... 726 727 [728] 729 730 ... 1575