Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370619 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10530 on: December 29, 2013, 02:16:57 pm »

mines.  landmines and grenades.  I love me my shotti explosives user. A healthy medic score and a good sniper for backup . . .

Ninja'd
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: December 29, 2013, 02:37:16 pm »

For anything that the combat shotgun could not take, I had the next best thing. A sniper rifle and the skill to use it. Of course, when the sniper wasn't an option.....
Miniguns and missile launchers are even better, especially when you get the perk that gives you dedicated AP for movement.  Move back three, fire missile launcher, reload.   Use a stimpack, blast deathclaw in the eyes with a burst of minigun fire.   Repeat.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: December 29, 2013, 03:41:09 pm »

In FO: NV I've been using a lever-action shotgun for most up-close enemies, a hunting rifle to pick off others, and an assault carbine for general combat. It's usually successful, but I always die against tough enemies such as Deathclaws. I avoided Quarry Junction like the plague, even when I had an anti-materiel rifle.

On topic:

I tried using the standard Cataclysm: DDA loadout (melee for most enemies, shotgun for emergencies) to take down Infected in the last part of Dead Center. It didn't work out exactly as I had hoped it would.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10533 on: December 29, 2013, 04:34:31 pm »

I got my soul sucked out by a magic man. Turns out I wasn't as much of a magical badass as I thought.

Long Live the Queen
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10534 on: December 30, 2013, 03:16:03 am »

Tails, having somehow escaped from the flaming Thunderbird, decided that he was going to join me in the Special Stage. Then he proceeded to hit every single landmine that came up, losing rings as quickly as I got them. I was booted out of the stage with no rings to defend myself with. Thanks, Tails ::)

Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10535 on: December 30, 2013, 06:33:58 am »

High rank quests are much scarier than low rank ones.
Guess it's time to replace the Barroth armor.

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10536 on: December 30, 2013, 08:17:53 am »

Somehow got spotted by like every guard at once. They proceeded to brutally destroy my poor, defenceless body with their swords.

Dishonoured: The Knife of Dunwall
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: December 30, 2013, 09:22:09 am »

Goddamnit, Elodie, you crush a rebellion without breaking a sweat, but one angry guy with a sword is too much for you? Wuss.

We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10538 on: December 30, 2013, 10:07:13 am »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: December 30, 2013, 10:13:10 am »

Huh... that anomaly wasn't there last time I played.

"S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl" with Oblivion Lost mod. I got as far as that train carriage in Cordon where the helicopter spawns. There was a burner anomaly in the doorway.

I now know anomalies change location even before there's been a blowout.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: December 30, 2013, 10:20:58 am »

Anomalies have been known to shift locations before. It just takes a long time. I think the in-game explanation is that most shift locations roughly every two weeks? Don't count on that info being correct though, been a while since I looked.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10541 on: December 30, 2013, 11:15:06 am »

Goddamnit, Elodie, you crush a rebellion without breaking a sweat, but one angry guy with a sword is too much for you? Wuss.

How is that game anyway?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10542 on: December 30, 2013, 11:48:14 am »

Technically you never die (or pay fines, or damages) in this game, but I'm pretty sure driving a Mini at 120KPH into the grille of a speeding semi in the opposing lane is not survivable.

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: December 30, 2013, 01:42:10 pm »

Regular ones aren't so bad as long as you stand somewhat to the side when they fly in case of backflips. Pink ones, on the other hand.... they're pure evil. I can't tell how many times I've been clipped by the fire bite from a few meters away.

And an armor upgrade between ranks will make a world of difference, even if it's just something weak like Jaggi S. What weapon are you using?

On topic: 3 Silver Hand jerks mobbed me after beating up Farkas. I thought he was supposed to be badass. I guess the arrow I accidentally shot him with didn't help, if it even hit anyone.

Skyrim
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10544 on: December 30, 2013, 02:10:57 pm »

I got the Jaggi S armor and the difference is pretty awesome, except for the fact that it has Item Use Down and negative fire resistance.
I'm using the Inceadeus, which is the switch axe you get from the, well, Ceadeus.
I've got the normal Rathians down, I would say, as they only kill we when they manage to stun lock me for more than two attacks. Haven't even bothered with a pink one yet.
Do high-rank enemies have more health than their low rank counter parts? I can take down a Royal Lodroth in what feels like about the same time, they just do like, twice the damage.
EDIT: Also, when it comes to switch axes, does how much energy is left in the Phial affect it's effects, or is it just a 'if it's below half you need to reload' type thing?
And lastly, just HOW much Raw damage does a power phial add?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:12:51 pm by Facekillz058 »
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 1575