Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370950 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10485 on: December 26, 2013, 04:57:33 pm »

And so, after valiantly defending their country, the remaining personell of Switzerland attempted to charge Berlin in a vain attempt to bring victory.

Long story short, they failed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've never gotten an HoI 3 game going, but I did try to learn.  And from what I've seen, it would be VERY impressive if Switzerland could bring down Germany.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10486 on: December 26, 2013, 05:01:43 pm »

I made an incredibly stoopid mistake when I knifed a deep one and shortly realized I was in an area I couldn't get out of.
Cue me pressing the resurrect button

"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10487 on: December 26, 2013, 05:07:01 pm »

And so, after valiantly defending their country, the remaining personell of Switzerland attempted to charge Berlin in a vain attempt to bring victory.

I've never gotten an HoI 3 game going, but I did try to learn.  And from what I've seen, it would be VERY impressive if Switzerland could bring down Germany.

Heh.

Really, considering that Switzerland has a ton of forts and mountains surrounding it, I assumed the homefront would be well defended enough for the two three squad brigades to hold :P

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10488 on: December 26, 2013, 05:09:52 pm »

BLADE WOLF POKED MEEEEEEE

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10489 on: December 26, 2013, 05:31:55 pm »

It turns out the emulator's "B" button icon has absolutely nothing to do with where it will register a hit.

Any game that it is possible to emulate on Android. I might finally be convinced to buy a USB controller over this.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10490 on: December 26, 2013, 06:15:41 pm »

Heh.

Really, considering that Switzerland has a ton of forts and mountains surrounding it, I assumed the homefront would be well defended enough for the two three squad brigades to hold :P

Ok, let me try to remember.
A squad is 400 infantry, a brigade is a set of squads that moves and fights as a unit.  Right?

You tried to fend off Nazi Germany with 2400 men?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10491 on: December 26, 2013, 06:23:51 pm »

Heh.

Ok, let me try to remember.
A squad is 400 infantry, a brigade is a set of squads that moves and fights as a unit.  Right?

You tried to fend off Nazi Germany with 2400 men?

All I could field as it wouldn't let me even build attachments to put on a brigade.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10492 on: December 27, 2013, 04:45:31 am »

Thought I could take down an animated statue by throwing darts at it from a room away. It walked over to me and punched me to death.

Pixel Dungeon.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10493 on: December 27, 2013, 05:53:49 am »

I thought a pulse rifle would be enough to kill a queen.

It wasn't.

Space Station 13, Colonial Marines.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10494 on: December 27, 2013, 06:46:59 am »

Continuing to play Just Cause 2. Further lessons learned:

A Learjet (forgot how it's called ingame) is a bad choice for aerial challenge courses going through windmill rows.

A Learjet is too heavy to be towed by a prop plane.

A plane doesn't have a flight model unless it's flying itself, so towing a prop plane with a Learjet is an equally bad idea.

Hijacking a gunship from a helipad if you forgot to clear out the 4 SAM sites around it doesn't work.

Never mix a tank and 80-degree sheer cliff edges.

Elites have worse accuracy than machineguns than you do with a sniper rifle, but it only matters as long as you're moving.

Colonels have better accuracy with machineguns than you do with a sniper rifle.
Even if you're flying parachute stunts above them.

Fun game, this. ^_^
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10495 on: December 27, 2013, 09:30:54 am »

Giving pilots an extra action per turn when they have high enough stats seems like a good idea... until you realize that it applies to the enemy bosses as well. The heavily armoured, high level, incredibly damaging bosses who can two-shot most of your units while taking several turns to be destroyed themselves.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10496 on: December 27, 2013, 11:57:37 am »

One-shotted again from having enough health that I should have survived it. This time from a wasp.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10497 on: December 27, 2013, 12:42:52 pm »

Skeletal dogs...those bloody, bloodless skeletal dogs... ;_;

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10498 on: December 27, 2013, 12:56:51 pm »

I downloaded Lethamyr, one of Vech's Super Hostile CTM maps. It really does live up to the "Super Hostile" name, by the way. Come across the victory monument and a nearby dungeon. After entering the dungeon with a friend of mine, we descended relatively easily. That is, we descended relatively easily, until we hit the ghast, creeper, and cave spider spawners, all in the same general area.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10499 on: December 27, 2013, 01:20:37 pm »

Finally tried that damn MOBA after months of nagging from my roommate. So, i joined a game after the long install, and typed in the chat "Hi! This is my first game." Now, knowing Team Fortress, I was expecting this to happen in a team-based strategy game, but I didn't expect it to be so instant. I got death threats. Death threats. Some research suggests that this wasn't an isolated incident. Well, I don't like that kind of game much anyway, and I'm not going to put up with that kind of community. So I died (they refused to give me tips), quit, and uninstalled.

Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 698 699 [700] 701 702 ... 1575