Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2370956 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10470 on: December 25, 2013, 04:02:23 am »

After getting pretty lucky with the stealth cruiser by finding a burst laser II in the first sector and finding a TON of scrap (Enough to buy the shield system and then another shield), my luck streak was ended by the flagship's accursed triple missiles.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #10471 on: December 25, 2013, 02:10:27 pm »

I fell in the lava on the level where it pours in from the left side of the map.

So many memories of this game! When I was younger, I was hospotalized for a week with Asthma. My mum bought me a gameboy pocket, Kirby, and Wario Land. I beat that game so many times over the course of the week, found most of the secrets too.

Yeah, that was one of my first Christmas presents that mattered, the old grey Game Boy brick with Wario and Super Mario 6 Gold Coins. Played through it again for nostalgia reasons, given the time of year. I was trying to see if there was any ending worse than the birdhouse one; probably not, as I finished with just 612 coins, but it would be neat to try and do it with exactly 0.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10472 on: December 25, 2013, 04:29:24 pm »

Got atritioned to death by a suicidal and vengeful suryvarmann, and tgen hayua and then Charlemagne, and then a large and previously untested monty shows up to wreck my stretched economy.  with paper, because i had an okay tech rate still, I just had a country looking like a line from on coast to tge peninsula) I saw monty had himself 21 cities.  welp.
civ iv
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10473 on: December 25, 2013, 04:54:39 pm »

Playing with my new 2DS, but I don't have any 3DS games so I'm just playing pokemon black for the first time in over a year.

I'm sweeping the double battle subway with my old team.  Must mean something if I can jump right back into the battle subway and get a 16 win streak after so long.  Usually My dragon type sword dances once and starts one shotting things while my Glaceon spams icy wind right from the beginning, hitting both opposing pokes, outright killing weaknesses, and slowing what it doesn't kill to ensure my team goes first.

Then on battle 17 I hit a snag.  Long story short, enemy had an ice and steel type.  My ice type could not do meaningful damage to either, and they were both capable of one shotting my dragon.  And my dragon and Glacion went down, though they did manage to take the enemy ice type with them.  So my lightning zebra and disgruntled bird come out.

I still got this though, these two take care of eachother quite well, and it's comes down to the gear and my zebra. We're both at critical, but my zebra has the speed advantage.  SO I use wild charge the gear drops, and I let out a small cheer inside.  Then recoil damage...I forgot that did recoil damage.  And the zebra also goes down.

Sadly the draw counts as a defeat, and I'm sent back to the beginning.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10474 on: December 25, 2013, 10:39:19 pm »

Lvl 2, founda combat shotgun and rockets along with red armor.

lvl 2b, that jackass rng 'randomly' spawned 2 caccodemons and 2 demons a the four corners of my vision.  they procede to surround me. I fire a rocket, and die.

doomrl
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10475 on: December 25, 2013, 11:43:57 pm »

Fucking Wasp Sting killed my Hill Orc Fighter on level 8. Sad part is that's the farthest I've ever gotten.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10476 on: December 26, 2013, 02:31:10 am »

Playing with my new 2DS, but I don't have any 3DS games so I'm just playing pokemon black for the first time in over a year.

I'm sweeping the double battle subway with my old team.  Must mean something if I can jump right back into the battle subway and get a 16 win streak after so long.  Usually My dragon type sword dances once and starts one shotting things while my Glaceon spams icy wind right from the beginning, hitting both opposing pokes, outright killing weaknesses, and slowing what it doesn't kill to ensure my team goes first.

Then on battle 17 I hit a snag.  Long story short, enemy had an ice and steel type.  My ice type could not do meaningful damage to either, and they were both capable of one shotting my dragon.  And my dragon and Glacion went down, though they did manage to take the enemy ice type with them.  So my lightning zebra and disgruntled bird come out.

I still got this though, these two take care of eachother quite well, and it's comes down to the gear and my zebra. We're both at critical, but my zebra has the speed advantage.  SO I use wild charge the gear drops, and I let out a small cheer inside.  Then recoil damage...I forgot that did recoil damage.  And the zebra also goes down.

Sadly the draw counts as a defeat, and I'm sent back to the beginning.

I... don't understand... Isn't the 2DS supposed to be a watered-down 3DS for younger kids?

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10477 on: December 26, 2013, 02:51:00 am »

The 2DS is a cheaper 3DS with no 3D capabilities. If you aren't using the 3D functionality (either because it hurts your eyes, or it's a pointless gimmick that you don't want to spend money on), then the 2DS is probably a better option.  ;)

As for a death: cleared the last two outposts on the island. One, I cleared without being detected (due to OP sniper rifles and a totally useless renegade bear). The second, I started by exploding a nearby patrol, then massacring the enemy forces, both boats full of reinforcements, and a helicopter. I'm feeling strong, I'm feeling op top of the world.

And then I jump down a short hill, and somehow break both my legs. Instant death ensues.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10478 on: December 26, 2013, 02:54:42 am »

I just picked up Rogue Legacy. Ass kicked so hard...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10479 on: December 26, 2013, 03:52:15 am »

I just picked up Rogue Legacy. Ass kicked so hard...
Yeah, the game starts out brutally hard, but it gets easier as you go on. Then you hit the Dungeon and get mauled within seconds :P
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10480 on: December 26, 2013, 11:50:34 am »

First, a zombear, then a moose, then a skeleton dog. The dog was the worst I've seen. Immune to arrows, and with no melee skill whatsoever you can't hit the damn things.

Ragequit after my entire defensive line was wiped out by an invisible tank. It wasn't outside LOS, since it could clearly see, and shoot, my AT guns from within half their range, and I've got potential spotters all over the place. Then, they rushed a flamethrower tank in, at which my machinegunners opened fire on. Instead of damaging it, however, it's health/max health started increasing with every bullet that hit. I know some games cheat, but that was fucking ridiculous.

Went from ~40% health on my head to flat dead in two hits by a giant wolf spider.

I got in the way of the mighty automatic closing door.  An entire revolution, brought down by poor safety standards....
Ironic, given what caused the revolution in the first place.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10481 on: December 26, 2013, 12:57:05 pm »

And so, after valiantly defending their country, the remaining personell of Switzerland attempted to charge Berlin in a vain attempt to bring victory.

Long story short, they failed.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10482 on: December 26, 2013, 03:33:25 pm »

The Troubadour's Calvary company had been very successful so far. They ran down and sacked a coastal merchant city after slaying a foolish doctor/commander. After a long and drawn out battle with the river Therian tribes they successfully trampled the Mage Gin. The company's rampage was halted by the Ceresian army. Many great men were lost, Diego the Black Knight, Leeroy the Paladin, Rank Rusher the Charger, Oldga the Equestrian, you all fought marvelously.

Battle of Wesnoth Random Campaign.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10483 on: December 26, 2013, 04:11:28 pm »

For some reason I thought it might be a good idea to take on the Kushala Daora.

(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10484 on: December 26, 2013, 04:55:30 pm »

I learned anew why you dont send multiple miners (5) to dig out an aquifer on a frozen tundra.  only one liveto tell the tale of his comrades' disappearance.  That is to say, he lived until the undead snow owls wandered by.

df

Spoiler: why (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 05:01:02 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 697 698 [699] 700 701 ... 1575