Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2371313 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10395 on: December 16, 2013, 04:46:57 pm »

Not so much die as "Make me ragequit" but I was moving my colonel sniper into position....only to trigger the cyberdisc's overwatch, which not only hit her hard but caused the car she took cover behind to catch fire, which promptly exploded, killing her.  >:( I was planning on botting her next month too
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The cars man... the cars.  *shudders*

I know, I just had another bullshit car-related death. I took the opportunity to try to train up a rookie on an easy abduction mission. Well, I get pinned down by 3 sectoids in a parking lot, but I manage to wipe out two. However, a sectoid had managed to catch a car that a couple of my guys(including the rookie) were hunkering behind, so I shift them away from the burning deathtrap, moving my rookie up a couple of rows so he can get a shot on the third. He does, and gets a kill. Well, I had started shifting the rest to the right towards the buildings, leaving my rookie there for a moment, when suddenly when the car explodes as expected, it causes the whole fucking column of cars to detonate in a chain reaction, wiping out my rookie. BULLSHIT
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #10396 on: December 16, 2013, 06:00:44 pm »

I've discovered, both to my advantage and disadvantage, that aliens propelled by a rocket punch will explode cars on impact.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10397 on: December 17, 2013, 12:56:52 am »

Genned a pangea map, but with an island cluster on the northeast.  Guess who spawned there.  No biggie, Charlamagne the awesome foundd judaism, spreads too his southern neighbor, allies with midwestern Julius and southern Monty against southwest neighbor Haty, builds the water wonders and the AP.   Then team Hindu decide they dont need my smack and wipe out monty.  Declare on me afte conveting my allies.  Astro + 1 tier sees musketmen and macemen en masse at my main island. . .

I couldnt keep my production high enough with the chains.  Soo much water :( , but I did have the rare privilege of running a 90% economy until civil service.  A rare treat, for me at least.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10398 on: December 17, 2013, 02:18:14 am »

Not so much die as "Make me ragequit" but I was moving my colonel sniper into position....only to trigger the cyberdisc's overwatch, which not only hit her hard but caused the car she took cover behind to catch fire, which promptly exploded, killing her.  >:( I was planning on botting her next month too

I know, I just had another bullshit car-related death. I took the opportunity to try to train up a rookie on an easy abduction mission. Well, I get pinned down by 3 sectoids in a parking lot, but I manage to wipe out two. However, a sectoid had managed to catch a car that a couple of my guys(including the rookie) were hunkering behind, so I shift them away from the burning deathtrap, moving my rookie up a couple of rows so he can get a shot on the third. He does, and gets a kill. Well, I had started shifting the rest to the right towards the buildings, leaving my rookie there for a moment, when suddenly when the car explodes as expected, it causes the whole fucking column of cars to detonate in a chain reaction, wiping out my rookie. BULLSHIT
Apparently the hydrogen economy was a big success in X-COM.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10399 on: December 17, 2013, 02:25:13 am »

Apparently the hydrogen economy was a big success in X-COM.
OH THE HUMANITY.

But yes, cars suck.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10400 on: December 17, 2013, 02:30:08 am »

I wouldn't even care, except for those "Xcom goes on a road trip" maps where you NEED to take cover behind cars.  Also the glitches/odd behaviors.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10401 on: December 17, 2013, 02:39:29 am »

Apparently the XCOM universe's favourite car is the Crown Victoria as built by ACME.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10402 on: December 17, 2013, 06:25:10 am »

More like every car is a pinto.

Last death, I decided to poke a very large enemy on the starter plent, thinking I could do some damage with my iron bow and no armor.

When it charged into me, I found out how very wrong that was.

Earlier, I had found some sort of structure with what looked like a fellow Glitchian nearby. As I approached, I realized there were two of them as they both screamed DEATH TO THE HERETIC and turned my unprepared, shiny metal ass into scrap.

I'm kinda glad death is cheap in this game, but it sure as hell adds up.

What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10403 on: December 17, 2013, 08:43:18 am »

Wandered into a cave with a vampire. I had no armour, no weapons and was level 1. The vampire and three skeletons chased me out - straight into a pack of goddamn wolves. Who then chased me into a gang of bandits, one of whom was wielding a battleaxe. He pulled some bullshit move on me and killed me in one hit.

Skyrim.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10404 on: December 17, 2013, 08:45:42 am »

The Boss was charging at me, so I ran toward her and did a roll at her. I bounced off of her (without her attacking me and with no sound playing) and I died.

MGS3

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10405 on: December 17, 2013, 08:25:51 pm »

More like every car is a pinto.
Clicked on this link. I should've known better. It always ends like this.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10406 on: December 17, 2013, 09:00:44 pm »

Volvagia again. He hits me with every single hit from his fire breath, fakes me out to steal a few more hearts, and then I die from standing in a lava pit. I still had a fairy, but at that point I was too irritated and just ragequit.

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #10407 on: December 17, 2013, 11:10:19 pm »

Made a critical err in judgement. Not only did I have to move a space to reload my combat shotgun, but I hit the wrong key and walked into lava. Probably would've survived it...y'know, if I hadn't reflexively hit (r)eload instead. The amount of time taken to load another shell into the combat shotgun's chamber was enough time for the lava to melt me to death.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #10408 on: December 18, 2013, 03:24:19 am »

Made a critical err in judgement. Not only did I have to move a space to reload my combat shotgun, but I hit the wrong key and walked into lava. Probably would've survived it...y'know, if I hadn't reflexively hit (r)eload instead. The amount of time taken to load another shell into the combat shotgun's chamber was enough time for the lava to melt me to death.

I love DoomRL, but it feels so often that your success is based on RNG more than other roguelikes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10409 on: December 18, 2013, 08:37:14 am »

So I downloaded doomrl a while back, never played it.  instsalled it last night.  Screw the arena master.  Hesan atritous ass.  Three times Ive come against him, three times  i got wittled down by shotgunners.  I beat all of act I just fine, but him . . .  DB shotti + rockets not good enuff?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 692 693 [694] 695 696 ... 1575