Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 1575

Author Topic: How did you last die?  (Read 2372140 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last die?
« Reply #10275 on: December 01, 2013, 09:57:19 pm »

So apparently, the Swiftness spell has a period of "sluggishness" spell as a cooldown in the newest version. "Bad Things to Learn While Fleeing a Hill Giant for $300, Alex."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10276 on: December 01, 2013, 09:59:04 pm »

Was using UBGL to farm people just standing there in Xelas.  Then they grabbed the farm box from behind us and I caught a ZOE Blueshift to the face.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10277 on: December 01, 2013, 10:15:25 pm »

Just stepped down the staircase to a new level, find myself surrounded by no less than 6 orc mages. Didn't even have enough time to realize what was going on, let alone retreat. Fun.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10278 on: December 02, 2013, 01:09:15 am »

What was your party composition? :)
It was different each of the three times, but I try to make groups that focus on a tough frontline of meat shields, and focus on damage through spells, mostly.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10279 on: December 03, 2013, 10:22:41 am »

Pikachu knocked me into the last hit of Goku's Final smash.  Both me and Krystal (The intended target) manage to recover before flying off the stage.  I use my up special to get back onto the stage, but I'm playing as Ridley and manage to grab Krystal in midair with the move instead of activating the glide.

Ridley ever so helpfully flings Krystal back onto the stage and then plunges helplessly into the void below.  Score -1

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Tjoh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10280 on: December 03, 2013, 10:39:29 am »

A swordwielding snakeman stabbed me in the back.
That bastard was promptly run over by a huge bulder after killing me, which did make things a bit more fun.

ComputerWarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10281 on: December 03, 2013, 11:00:34 am »

I had created a large (7x7) cage just outside my shelter so that I could keep a zombie as a pet. I chased a squirrel into the cage, killed a zombie and dragged the corpse into the cage so that when the zombie (eventually) became alive once more, it would have something to eat.

Being quite safe thanks to the many deep pits I made around my camp, I took a nap just a few tiles away from the cage. Then I died. Turns out the zombie got my scent, broke out of the cage, and started nomming on me. And I slept till it had already infected me. D: By then it was too late and I died of numerous wounds and infections, not before seeing the squirrel happily fleeing to the forest.

Well, who knew? Turns out zombies are dangerous pets to keep.

Aye, but when you play a fighter, only doors will know fear in your presence.

vaaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10282 on: December 03, 2013, 12:44:18 pm »

God damn it Greatswords, I don't understand how to use you! I just died to a freaking Anteka.

Tips for greatsword use. ALWAYS HAVE THE THING SHEATHED, UNLESS YOU ARE ACTIVELY BASHING THINGS WITH IT. Seriously, it slows you down so much, you can't dodge for shit. My strategy is to sheath it, run up to the monster and hit it with the draw. Also, when you are infinite comboing you have wind breaker. It's small, but still helps when the monster tries to blow you back. The rest is practice, and getting the timing down. The thing I like most about monster hunter is that the combat isn't just hack and slash. Timing, distance from the monster, and where you strike all play pretty big parts.

Exactly, just run up to the enemy and draw while running, you can press O right after (I thinks, haven't played on sony consoles in a while) to swing sideways if you still miss :) The best combo is draw attack, swing, high swing (O and triangle) and swing again, once you figure that out, great swords are beast. Never used one even after 200 hours, tried then, addicted (same with gunlance, but that's 3 ultimate only)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10283 on: December 03, 2013, 01:40:51 pm »

For me, it's either the Longsword, or the Bow. And gunlances are in Freedom Unite too.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10284 on: December 03, 2013, 04:48:12 pm »

I went completely insane upon facing the terrors of R'lyeh and failed in my quest to stop the awakening of Cthulhu.

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10285 on: December 03, 2013, 06:53:55 pm »

Damn steam centurions... Being a blood starved vampire in skyrim does not have its advantages when you get crisped by steam :(
In all things you were. In nothing you become.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10286 on: December 03, 2013, 07:26:45 pm »

edit: Redacted due to reading comprehension fail
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:31:26 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10287 on: December 03, 2013, 07:27:37 pm »

Damn steam centurions... Being a blood starved vampire in skyrim does not have its advantages when you get crisped by steam :(

snip
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10288 on: December 03, 2013, 09:04:28 pm »

Three out of four killed by one goddamn Sectoid getting two criticals. Then my final unit decided to make a break for the evac and get the hell out of there... and a second unit had snuck up into overwatch and blew her away.

You know those times when you just know that the Random Number God hates you? Yeah.

What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #10289 on: December 04, 2013, 05:09:46 am »

There's a cave outside Seyda Neen that has three or so guys in it, not counting the slaves. One of them is a mage who will absolutely wreck your shit if you can't dodge him. Being a melee-oriented character, dodging was not an option and he killed me in one hit.

Morrowind GOTY.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 684 685 [686] 687 688 ... 1575