Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: What is your fighting style?  (Read 12655 times)

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is your fighting style?
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2010, 03:00:55 pm »

I prefer to try and disable by attacking the legs (which slows them down a lot) or arms in use, though if I'll go for the head if square and not to hard to hit.

I usually wield around 8 shields. I just come up to enemies, wrestle their weapons out of their hands and kill them with the said weapons. It's much more effective than trying to kill them when they are armed. I sometimes wrestle shields out of their hands too so I get more shields with each bandit I get.

I keep forgetting, does more shields even make blocking more likely?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2010, 03:07:54 pm »

I don't know, but I didn't get a single wound on this adventurer yet. Also it definitely increases the amount of shields I have, so in case some weirdo grabs me by the shields and tries to take it away, I am still blocking. And in case one of my arms magically becomes damaged and I drop a shield, another arm has a few shields to continue blocking.

It's definitely a metagaming, but it's quite fun. I left that character be though because he was not fun anymore, and started anew with a peasant throatcutter. I attack my enemy a few times, then move around it and try to stab its throat. It generally works because I've put all my starting points into the agility and the dodging.

i generally use a katana (genesis) with the best shield i can find, my tactic involves throwing one or both of my steel spears at archers or crossbowmen, then closing in and cutting off their weapon hand (i have learnt from experience that this is often the right) thus leaving them pretty much defenseless and i can proceed to kill of another few guys.

once i killed off the whole encampment of around 8 ppls? in hand to hand combat (exept the crossbowman, he got a stab in the head), by systematically slicing of right hands. It probably helped that I was in full black bronze exceptionally crafted, and had a finely crafted katana.
Katana is pretty epic, but you're much better with it without a shield. You have 2x more attack, so it's much easier to chop off heads. You need quite a high skill though to start blocking with it instead of a shield.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 03:09:46 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2010, 03:09:12 pm »

New fighting style for me: Get a companion to distract the creature, While I use my legendary ambushing skill to walk behind it and scratch it in the foot.

You scratch The Moon Brute Consort in the right foot, tearing the muscle and bruising the bone!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
The Moon Brute Consort falls over.

Oh. And then I chop off it's head.

You hack The Moon Brute Consort in the head from behind with your +bronze battle axe+ and the severed part sails off in an arc!

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2010, 03:10:38 pm »

Peasant really sounds fun now :) i think i want to make a peasant char who was a hunter so i will make a human bow man

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2010, 03:29:24 pm »

New fighting style: Wormjitsu, alternatively: Constrictor-Combat

It requires lots and lots of crawling, and plenty of wrestling skill. I learned it in time of need once I stopped feeling my legs and lost the ability to stand. Team it up with sneaking, and if you have an army under your command, it helps a ton to strike where the enemy least expects to get struck in the mayhem. From down below.

EDIT:
BTW, Genesis rocks with this upgrade.

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2010, 04:14:30 pm »

I'll go for any opening I can see, but my real goal is to either hack off the lower body or stab the head.  That'll keep them down.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2010, 05:11:42 pm »

I take lots of skill in throwing and then gather all the sharp objects I can find before throwing them at my enemy and then using them to slit their throat when they're unconscious.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2010, 06:46:27 pm »

I grab the head and take them down, then i decapitate them with my other hand which is wielding a sword.

Or

Scratch their eyes out. I usually die doing this, but very amusing.

tagg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2010, 06:56:01 pm »

Take out their legs/feet first if possible to slow them down, then slice them to ribbons, always wearing a quiver full of throwing arrows for ranged enemies. If it's one on one then strangle ---> head stab. I also enjoy biting wolves tails off.

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2010, 07:20:13 pm »

Throw little axes at it, and if that fails, whack it with a giant one. 
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2010, 08:08:11 pm »

On one on one fights i just strangle the person untill he passes out, them i cut wathever i want...like arms and legs

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2010, 08:13:14 pm »

I wrap my stump around their necks and bash their arms with my wooden sword. After thier weapons drop to the ground I beat them to death with the sword.

ELF RAGE
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2010, 08:29:29 pm »

How do i strangle someone i tried wrestling menu but saw notihng such as strangle?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2010, 08:50:03 pm »

How do i strangle someone i tried wrestling menu but saw notihng such as strangle?

Have to grab their throat, you might have to scroll down to find 'throat', then go 'wrestle', 'choke throat' and if you succeed, you'll place a chokehold on 'em, if you don't you'll just adjust your grip, and have to do it again.
Once you get a chokehold, go 'strangle'. :P Hope that helps.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2010, 09:04:34 pm »

I fight solo, and I don't fight fair. I sever both hands at the elbow, and then kick their knees out. That way I can imagine them on their knees, both stumps gushing blood, and begging for their life, when I execute them.

This is solo combat though. In one-to-many combat, the trick is making it a one-to-one situation or making it not a situation at all. Me, I just slash at legs and run.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12