Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: What is your fighting style?  (Read 12651 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: What is your fighting style?
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2010, 08:06:26 am »

I rush in with my multigrasped Bronze Great Axe, and close my hand around their throat the second I get in range. Once they're limp, I slice them across the throat and move onto the next.

Companions keep the other enemies busy while I do my work.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Emily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2010, 08:29:20 am »

How do you capitalize on latching on when biting? Like, is there a way to ensure that I'll shake them around? I get the message that i latched on, but there's no way to control it in the wrestling menu, and if i just "walk into" the enemy I might shake them around, but I might also just automatically punch them or stab them or release grip or something.

Help would be appreciated, since I plan on being a biter/kickmaster

Either move into them (will shake them for about two to four turns), or use the wrestling menu once you've latched on (can shake indefinitely, afaik).

I'd recommend the latter.  Moving onto them is, as has been mentioned, unreliable.  You can shake them from the wrestling menu whenever you want.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2010, 08:37:05 am »

How do i push an enemy away i can't figure out the controls? Wrestling confuses me so badly

Emily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2010, 08:40:19 am »

How do i push an enemy away i can't figure out the controls? Wrestling confuses me so badly

You don't push them away; that's not one of the options.  Typically you grab something and then there's a set of options of what to do after that.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2010, 08:41:14 am »

Thanks a lot emily

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2010, 11:27:17 am »

You don't push them away; that's not one of the options.  Typically you grab something and then there's a set of options of what to do after that.

You can, however, charge them to knock them over or stun.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2010, 11:47:04 am »

My dream is to place my char hand behind an enemy who is stunned or unconscious or just cannot parry or counterstrike, then hold his face down in water til he drowns.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2010, 12:28:51 pm »

The best way to drown an enemy is to fight it near water, obviously. It's equally dangerous to your adventurer though, since it relies on either charging the enemy into water or making it dodge into it.
Also works awesomely with large drops.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 15, 2010, 02:45:56 pm »

You can switch off dodging with the [C] menu.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 15, 2010, 03:17:41 pm »

You can switch off dodging with the [C] menu.

Then you just have to be careful with charging him - you can tumble forwards while entangling with the enemy and end up in the water as well. Or so I think.

Also, thanks for the tip, I completely forgot about that.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2010, 04:24:22 pm »

You can also switch off charging. So all you have to do is keep swinging until the enemy dodges...off a cliff.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2010, 04:36:43 pm »

Yeah. I turn on only dodging, so I never stand my ground, but near cliffs, I try to remember to change it to no-dodge.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2010, 06:11:59 pm »

Right now, I'm wielding two spears and about two dozen shields. Chances of me getting hit are near zero, but all the weight slows me down to half my otherwise had speed.

Still, go go for the man with twelve shields per hand!

Emily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2010, 06:21:23 pm »

My dream is to place my char hand behind an enemy who is stunned or unconscious or just cannot parry or counterstrike, then hold his face down in water til he drowns.

Yeah, you can't do that right now, sorry.

You can grab their neck, apply a chokehold and strangle them, though.  Or collide with them while charging and knock them into water/off a cliff.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2010, 06:31:48 pm »

Yeah, you can't do that right now, sorry.

You can grab their neck, apply a chokehold and strangle them, though.  Or collide with them while charging and knock them into water/off a cliff.

Actually, I think you may be able to force them to lie down in water with a Charge, then stand on them. They'd drown anyway, though, in water, unless it was 4/7
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12