Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Hydra's greatest weakness  (Read 10675 times)

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hydra's greatest weakness
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 07:52:04 pm »

I find it near impossible to kill anything by making it bleed to death, the only way I've gotten a creature to bleed out is by giving in wounds that should be impossible to survive for longer than a minute or two.

If you cut an artery in the leg, the creature in question usually only makes it a couple of turns before dying if that. Massive bleeding from the chest doesn't seem as effective for whatever reason.

Adult Hydras are pretty resistant to bleeding out, but immature Hydras will almost always die instant if an artery is tapped.

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2010, 08:29:25 pm »

I find that having a large amount of spearmen in your group is good for your health. i have this one militia (spear and shield man) who has been with me all my adventures and has currently ended a bronze colossus, 2 hydras ,a dragon and many semi megabeasts just by getting lucky shots with his spear.

Sfon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2010, 01:17:12 am »

Rub its belly.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2010, 08:14:00 am »

Damn you, Sacks of Craziness!!!

Did someone say Socks of Craziness?
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Aussiemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Well... now what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 11:57:51 pm »

Wow, that's quite impressive. I killed a hydra with 2 or 3 companions (I believe.. a maceman, a lasher, and a swordsman)

I use a halberd. It cuts like an axe and can stab similar to a spear, so i just stabbed it repeatedly in the lungs, heart, and stomach because apparently I wasn't strong enough to cut off its head.

It would be nice if the the stabbing part of the halberd used the spearman skill.

For some reason all of my megabeasts resided in caves carved out of the northern tundra (home to all of the non-existent gobling , so the journey I was making between quests was awful. I took 5-7 soldiers from the local castle and set out to slay the beast.

...I arrived with one crawling archer, who had lost his foot and bow. Needless to say, the poor human made an excellent meatshield for my dwarf. Tulon Granitepaged had to fight solo for the latter half of the fight though.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 10:47:08 pm »

Stabbing to the body does the trick.  First do the lower body until it's puking and its ability to fight back is compromised, then stab in upper body until lungs are perforated.  You could probably just walk away and let it die once its lungs have been mangled badly enough.

Of course, right now they only get one bit per turn... if multiple bite attacks become possible, look out!
Pages: 1 2 [3]