Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tips on finding dwarf civs  (Read 546 times)

luciensanchez

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Tips on finding dwarf civs
« on: November 12, 2010, 02:39:17 pm »

Can anyone point me in the right direction for finding a dwarf home in Adventure Mode?  What am I looking for?  The compass says I'm here but there's nothing around as far as I can tell.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
Re: Tips on finding dwarf civs
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 06:01:09 pm »

Last I knew, they were large structures that consisted of walls in a small area with stairs down. I suggest you "square it off" by finding the northeast side, the southeast side, then the middle of those two, then walk strait west.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 06:08:10 pm »

The mountainhomes of yore don't exist anymore as of 0.31.13 - if you travel to the location of a worldgen Dwarf settlement, all of the dwarves will just be standing around outdoors.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 06:17:53 pm »

You sure? I am pretty certain that they existed like that in .13 too. Granted the underground only went down 1 z-level and only for maybe 10 urists, but I do recall that surface structure being there just the same. It made a good landmark to find out where all the other dwarves were, since as you said, they stood around outside.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

frostilicus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnerpin' the Glorpenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 06:47:08 pm »

As of 31.17, there are no dwarf civs, elven civs, or goblin civs. There are camps here and there with random humans that I've seen, as well as random shrines with goblins and a marsh titan, but no "civs" as they used to be. Ihave yet to see any elves, let alone any dwarves other than myself.
I believe this information was in the new "your first adventurer", which is mentioned in the change notes.
Basically, take this advice: Don't go looking as it is too far away, usually, from your starting human civ. The bogeymen WILL kill you unless you mod dwarves or other races for your benefit.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:50:45 pm by frostilicus »