Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Space Empires 5 Forum Aided Playthrough  (Read 5959 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Space Empires 5 Forum Aided Playthrough
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 03:10:46 pm »

Update!

The year was now 2401.3 and Physics had been researched, much to Martin's delight. When Selph told him of the success, he recommended shields as a followup tech which Martin quickly approved.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Martin also recieved news from Yagd Loa, acting head of exploration, that the IV Taker, the new colony ship, had started exploring the Sheliak system. Tim Tip was hopeful, but not exceptionally so after seeing the last few planets. The system was interesting in it's binary setup.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Selph also contacted Martin to tell him to forgo building warships until the new tech was researched. (What is the readerships opinion in this matter?) Martin abstained from decision at this point.

Surveying his (admitedly limited) star map, Martin was pleased. Colonists intelligent enough to sign up for unpaid colony ship places would start a new, wealthier life on their new planet. This meant they didn't have to go to absurd means to get their money, such as staring on "Cash or Crash" or "Shockingly Rich". He didn't like these, well, bloodsports, but it had been so in the Empire for hundreds of years, and he was powerless and loathe to change something of these traditions. Martin rang and old friend of his to arrange a meeting, and went to bed.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2010, 09:39:55 pm »

It would be nice to have a single warship to cover remote warps but you can probably get away with fighters if anything comes up, and building warships would detract from building colonisers and scouts, so I say wait for the new technology.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 06:33:56 am »

Hold of on the warships for now, yes. You can usually get by with armed scouts for the start of the game, unless something decides to rush you. One thing you might want to do with colony ships is to load up a sensor sat in its cargo bay before you go out there and colonize stuff, and then have it dump the sat when it finds a planet. Or carry a extra or two and drop one by warp points. Good way to increase you coverage fast.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 2 [3]