Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Removing clothing wear  (Read 9276 times)

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Removing clothing wear
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 11:08:47 am »

Anyone? I would like a confirmation before I go changing my raws.  :-\

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 11:42:02 am »

Keep in mind that nothing beats doing some !!science!!

Though, didnt HARD cause the clothing to be made of metal?

Heehee steel thong...
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 04:26:21 pm »

Well, if it still protects the same bodyparts, that's enough for me. I am just tired of naked dwarves everywhere.

Also gives a use for killing things with-

Wait.

Leather armor. Does it have a [HARD] Tag? if not, do they lose durability?

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 11:33:37 am »

You don't need a [HARD] tag. Just remove [SOFT] and you'll be fine. It's on the wiki, in case you are wondering, see "Armor token" article.

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2010, 03:44:19 pm »

Alright, thanks.

Although adding the Hard tag seems to do nothing either. My fortress is still young, however, so there might be some repercussions I have yet to see...

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 09:04:32 pm »

The hard tag does absolutely nothing, nor does the soft tag. I've tested and confirmed that. If you insist, I have some x(iron trousers)x to show to you. It's the amour tag that's make stuff never-rotting. From my testing, the game categorize equipments into 2 types: civilian (the one that can spawn on immigrants and claimable) and military (the one with amour tag). Military type equipments do not wear out. However, if you just add amour tag to existing civilian equipments they'd stop showing up on generated people and new military equipments dont seem to spawn on military units either (i.e. hunters, legendary warriors) I guess that part is hard coded. So it's probably to be a better idea to make new equipment entries i.e. "combat trouser" which's exactly like normal trousers but has amour tag. An added benefit is that they never claim amours.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2010, 09:22:58 pm »

I saw a comment about modding clothing out of the game on the civilization forge Zaerosz's Flavour Mod thread and getting a large FPS boost out of it.

Any comments on this?  How hard is it to do?  Does it introduce any extra instability or difficulty to the game?  Personally, I think clothing is such a mundane concern and broken enough if not crazy micromanaged that I'm interested in trying this out.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 09:43:47 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 09:33:35 pm »

You need to remove all clothing entries from item_armor.txt, item_helm.txt, item_pants.txt, etc.
Also remove the respective strings from civ entries in entity_default.txt. There are no repercussions in the form of bad thoughts, as far as I noticed. Freezing isn't much of a problem either, at least most of the time.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 09:46:37 pm »

What about protection?  Does clothing really matter that much in this respect?  I do see attacks deflected by pig tail fiber shirts often enough, but would those same attacks really matter if the shirt was removed?
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 10:15:21 pm »

I think those are glancing blows that would have done little more then bruise something at worst....granted this is hard to test unless you can manipulate the system to make 2 equal strikes on 2 separate targets.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 10:18:57 pm »

Alright thanks for the input.  I think I'll try this tonight.  I was planning to start a new fort anyway.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Pages: 1 [2]