Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Isolating a World from it's embarks?  (Read 787 times)

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Isolating a World from it's embarks?
« on: November 12, 2010, 11:12:09 am »

Is it possible to 'clean' a world of embarks after a fortress has been initiated? Or are fortresses saved into the world itself? I suspect the latter, but figured I should ask anyway. This is for uploading purposes.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Ma88hew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isolating a World from it's embarks?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 11:24:37 am »

If you want to remove all of your fortresses from the world, and make it how it was right after worldgen, you can get its seed and regenerate it. In Legends mode, you can export the world gen param (including the seeds) and copy the world-gen information into worldgen.txt. Then, you can generate a new world, exactly as before, brand new, without any of your fortresses on it.

Other than using the seed to create an identical world, however, there is nothing you can do. Forts are saved into the world itself.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
Re: Isolating a World from it's embarks?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 11:28:56 am »

Thank you for the answer, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'll look into these 'seeds' post-haste.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)