Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Do Not Talk to Me!  (Read 4113 times)

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do Not Talk to Me!
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2010, 12:18:31 am »

Most of the time shopping is fine, but sometimes it bugs.  You can trade, exit the shop, then re-enter the shop and try talking to see if it bugged.  If they refuse to talk, then kill the DF app without saving and you can restart from your latest save ("killall -9 Dwarf_Fortress" on Linux).  Or you can just savescum in the normal manner.

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2010, 12:51:21 am »

Ooops.  According to this bug report, the bug might happen after a save/restore, not during actual gameplay, in which case my above suggestion is useless.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2010, 05:17:03 am »

go quest with another civ, it will improve your relations with all civs.
In 31.17 there are no other civs. No dwarves, elves, or even goblins that you can quest for. The new quest system, as well as the civ building system, hasn't been implemented, so it seems they just don't exist. Thus making all adventurers, whether elven or dwarven, the first mutation into their new species.

Aren't there dead dwarves in the monster lairs?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2010, 05:20:39 am »

Yeah... And one of my adventurers and their buddies got rolled by a bunch of elves. :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

frostilicus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnerpin' the Glorpenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2010, 02:40:59 pm »

In 31.17 there are no other civs. No dwarves, elves, or even goblins that you can quest for. The new quest system, as well as the civ building system, hasn't been implemented, so it seems they just don't exist. Thus making all adventurers, whether elven or dwarven, the first mutation into their new species.

Aren't there dead dwarves in the monster lairs?
I actually hadn't paid much attention to the corpses besides their names. So, maybe instead of the first mutation, the first mutation with a chance to propogate?

Traece

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 02:46:29 pm »

I've found dead elves in caves before. I think as long as you're in an area where there are SUPPOSED to be Dwarves and Elves you'll find dead ones in caves.

Another strange thing I had happen was that I had a companion stop following me (and block my path) while I was fighting a night creature. I secretly killed him but the entire area still got pissed off about it. That's how my adventure as an Anti-Human Elf Wrestler started! Back to the original bit though, has anyone had issues with companions suddenly leaving your party?
In adventure mode I killed a Hydra within fifteen minutes, and then was mortally wounded by Carp while swimming in a river.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 02:48:39 pm »

I lost a companion once but i returned to the town where i previously slept in and he was there, looks like he was stuck in a building or something

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 03:32:30 pm »

Yeah, I ran into the bugged store thing as well. I ended up massacring the whole town, then heading south to visit a different civilization that was more than happy to give me more quests. Unfortunately when I talk to the lord about service, he says "And serve you shall, once Inkyshadow is dead." I have no idea who Inkyshadow is. I don't have a quest for it or anything....
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 03:36:02 pm »

There are still multiple human civilizations.

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 04:03:03 pm »

Just happened to me on my best ever adventurer :( Boo this bug.
I thought I might go and destroy the local goblin fortress to see if I could redeem myself but the fortress doesnt exist :(

Ive retired to see if it get fixed later.

Oh well, back to fortress mode I guess...

Halconnen

• Bay Watcher
  • Danmaku Fortress
    • View Profile
    • Certaincake
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 04:39:25 pm »

Another strange thing I had happen was that I had a companion stop following me (and block my path)

If something blocks your path, you can just lay down and crawl past, though.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 04:41:41 pm »

Yeah, I ran into the bugged store thing as well. I ended up massacring the whole town, then heading south to visit a different civilization that was more than happy to give me more quests. Unfortunately when I talk to the lord about service, he says "And serve you shall, once Inkyshadow is dead." I have no idea who Inkyshadow is. I don't have a quest for it or anything....
Time to retire the adventurer, look it up in legends mode, then un-retire the adventurer.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 05:47:22 pm »

Time to retire the adventurer, look it up in legends mode, then un-retire the adventurer.
Well you're right about being time to retire. I just did a bit of adventuring on my own and came across a dragon. Me and my band of soldiers killed it, but it bit off my left hand and completely mangled my right, so I can't fight anymore.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Killing Time

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 06:24:18 pm »

Seriously!? Damn. I just killed everyone in my hometown because I got fed up with the douchebags standing in doorways

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 06:32:37 pm »

Seriously!? Damn. I just killed everyone in my hometown because I got fed up with the douchebags standing in doorways
That would be a very fun court case.
Pages: 1 [2] 3