Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Do Not Talk to Me!  (Read 4109 times)

Jumping_Trains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do Not Talk to Me!
« on: November 12, 2010, 05:16:48 am »

So I just got back to town after finishing two kill quests, and was immediately congratulated by the first person I talked to.  Following that, I went to the nearest shop to sell my loot, only to find no one in town will now speak to me.  I haven't stolen, and they were perfectly content to do business with me right before leaving to complete these two quests.  I am deeply saddened by these turn of events.  Will they ever like me again?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: Do Not Talk to Me!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 06:13:47 am »

There is a bug with shops. They seem to sometimes decide to reclaim stuff you bought from them, saying you stole it. The rest you've seen.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

TKTom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 08:45:48 am »

Bugger. Any ideas on how to avoid?

Honestly, having an entire civilisation annoyed at me because of two bronze boots that I legitimately bought is a bit much.

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 11:02:56 am »

I was wondering why I was getting the silent treatment. I didn't think I'd stole anything. Aggravating.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 12:11:39 pm »

I got same bug all i did was beat two bandit camps i think human bandits are considered friendly or something

TKTom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 12:58:15 pm »

Maybe it is something to do with killing (or maybe looting) bandits because I'd just taken out a bandit camp also.

Jumping_Trains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 02:39:34 pm »

So is there any work around, or am I forever banished from my homeland?  Doomed to wander the wilds a despised outcast, my handful of faithful men my only companions 'til inevitable death claims their souls back to its cold earthen bosom.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 03:10:29 pm »

I think you have to remake

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 03:27:38 pm »

Well it happened to me aswell, I rp'ed that my awesome axedwarf got really sad after being banned from the towns, and went to kill a shadow troll.

He died after a heroic attempt to kill the beast alone...and that's it.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 03:47:08 pm »

So is there any work around, or am I forever banished from my homeland?  Doomed to wander the wilds a despised outcast, my handful of faithful men my only companions 'til inevitable death claims their souls back to its cold earthen bosom.

I hear tell retiring and then reclaiming the adventurer works sometimes.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Jumping_Trains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 05:19:00 pm »

I hear tell retiring and then reclaiming the adventurer works sometimes.

I seem to have lost the ability to retire.  My only viable option appears to be giving in to starvation or wandering the world an outcast for crimes I did not commit.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 05:42:25 pm »

go quest with another civ, it will improve your relations with all civs.
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

frostilicus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnerpin' the Glorpenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 07:02:21 pm »

go quest with another civ, it will improve your relations with all civs.
In 31.17 there are no other civs. No dwarves, elves, or even goblins that you can quest for. The new quest system, as well as the civ building system, hasn't been implemented, so it seems they just don't exist. Thus making all adventurers, whether elven or dwarven, the first mutation into their new species. 

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 07:52:06 pm »

Ah, this would explain why everyone seemed so annoyed with me after i traded for some Armour from the local shop. Does this mean for be safe one is limited to gear found in ambushes/ evil monster stashes?  :-\
I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 08:06:18 pm »

Exactly ;o
Pages: [1] 2 3