Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: quick travel issues  (Read 3419 times)

crappypappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
quick travel issues
« on: November 12, 2010, 03:54:51 am »

i can quick travel but i cant stop quick traveling >.< when im in the screen the icon it gives me to stop is the stairs icon from dwarf fortress. and as far as i know i dont have that key on my keyboard so either i travel forever or i travel till somthing disturbs me and pulls me out of it only to die a horrible death from night creatures...... im using a graphics pack that was made by a person as a work around til phoebus releases the official pack. the link is at the bottom of this page http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57557.420
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: quick travel issues
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 04:10:58 am »

Shift+. to stop traveling. Which is ">". You definitely have this key.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 04:11:04 am »

The key you are looking for is >
(Shift+".")
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

MaXMC

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 06:23:18 am »

The key you are looking for is >
(Shift+".")

I could say: The key you are looking for is > (Shitft+"<")

It depends on what type of keyboard you have.

crappypappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 12:31:55 pm »

lol thx it didnt show > that it showed the dwarf fortress down stair icon the square with 3 little bars inside it and each bar is longer then the one before it and they go from bottom to top. they looked like a cell phone reception bar erm if i could figure out how to post screenies i could post it up on here for u but owell no need now thx everyone
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 12:36:02 pm »

That's because in fortress mode stairs are represented by ">" symbols - unless, like you, they have installed a graphics pack.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 12:37:29 pm »

lol thx it didnt show > that it showed the dwarf fortress down stair icon the square with 3 little bars inside it and each bar is longer then the one before it and they go from bottom to top. they looked like a cell phone reception bar erm if i could figure out how to post screenies i could post it up on here for u but owell no need now thx everyone

That's an ascii character? o_O

or are you using Mayday's pack? The stairs for mayday's pack does that with certain colors/background color.

crappypappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 01:35:05 pm »

no using phoebus graphic set as ide stated above.....