Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: Haven't seen anyone else ask... what's new with 31.17?  (Read 27699 times)

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Haven't seen anyone else ask... what's new with 31.17?
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2010, 09:00:48 pm »

May I venture a guess that a rock slab is for non-coffin burials?  Say, for "burying" someone that no longer has remains.

It doesn't appear to be. I built one, and as far as I can tell it serves the same purpose as a statue. Not sure exactly what the point is.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2010, 09:03:51 pm »

May I venture a guess that a rock slab is for non-coffin burials?  Say, for "burying" someone that no longer has remains.

It doesn't appear to be. I built one, and as far as I can tell it serves the same purpose as a statue. Not sure exactly what the point is.
Try linking it to a lever then pull the lever and see what happens.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2010, 09:04:13 pm »

My dwarves worship two deities now per dwarf.   :o  -resumes carving fortress into the awesome 8-zlevel canyon/waterfall-

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2010, 09:09:43 pm »

Looking at my relationships, I've noticed that all Dwarven relationships have been wiped. At first I thought it was becuase a person can no longer have a relationship with a dead creature, but my mayor still has a relationship with her dead pet flesh balls. Plus I figure these Dwarves would at the very least be acquaintances after spending over a year locked in a tiny cave together.

Anyone else experiencing this glitch?
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2010, 09:11:48 pm »

Looking at my relationships, I've noticed that all Dwarven relationships have been wiped. At first I thought it was becuase a person can no longer have a relationship with a dead creature, but my mayor still has a relationship with her dead pet flesh balls. Plus I figure these Dwarves would at the very least be acquaintances after spending over a year locked in a tiny cave together.

Sounds like Townbrush has finally produced a set of dwarves immune to tantrum spiral.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2010, 09:27:20 pm »

Sounds like Townbrush has finally produced a set of dwarves immune to tantrum spiral.

A new bug feature that will help the survival of Townbrush!

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2010, 09:50:40 pm »

Are your glitches occurring in NEW worlds, or in 'ported old ones?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2010, 09:51:50 pm »

I've embarked on a combined sinister & terrifying biome, and have killed off three dwarves. They're all rotting where they lie, and nothing has happened with undeath yet (three months in).

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2010, 09:52:08 pm »

Anyone had a siege or anything yet?  Does combat feel very different?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2010, 09:59:30 pm »

Are your glitches occurring in NEW worlds, or in 'ported old ones?

Ported old ones, which I suppose is to be expected.
[NOPAIN] no gain.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2010, 10:16:31 pm »

Dl'd DF and DT, will be fixing my ini files for an adventure and a new fort as soon as I've got the time tomorrow.

Expect SPINE SEVERING.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Dante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2010, 10:30:27 pm »

Anyone had a siege or anything yet?  Does combat feel very different?
In fortress mode... one of my citizens is being attacked by a wild ogre. It was on the map when we embarked, and she has been taking a beating, unconscious, for four months now. The ogre keeps collapsing from exhaustion every few days. So unarmed targetting in fortress mode may be... imperfect.

On the other hand, my dwarf started off with average stats, and is now described as being "absolutely inexhaustible, basically unbreakable, almost never sick, agile and strong." This ogre has been like a season-long intense workout for her.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2010, 10:39:44 pm »

This was in the devlog

10/13/2010: Diversified the dwarf mode troubles a bit, he he he. I should be back to postable stuff after today.

There is something waiting for you out there, something bad.

My guess is that the Boogiemen of Adventure mode don't show up in fortress mode because it would basically force you to lock everything down every night lest untold horrors kill you to death.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2010, 10:49:00 pm »

I've embarked on a combined sinister & terrifying biome, and have killed off three dwarves. They're all rotting where they lie, and nothing has happened with undeath yet (three months in).

Oh god

Actual spoilers for dwarf mode here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2010, 10:52:45 pm »

My guess is that the Boogiemen of Adventure mode don't show up in fortress mode because it would basically force you to lock everything down every night lest untold horrors kill you to death.

Oh good, I like being killed to death; it's so much better than being killed just a little bit.

Also: Ghost! Didja kill it yet? Can you kill it? Did it cover you in ectoplasm? Does it make ooOOo noises? Is it sexy? More details please :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:56:33 pm by AngleWyrm »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17