Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]

Author Topic: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions  (Read 32324 times)

Emily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions
« Reply #405 on: November 15, 2010, 06:38:33 pm »

Maybe it's just me but the distribution of loot in caves seems really well done in this version. Most of the night creature caves had no loot besides some knives and forks (and for some reason nearly all had querns ???). When I was sent to kill a troll which seems (in theroy) to be much harder, there were random coins, decorated clothing and some bronze leggings as well as the bodies of the previous adventurers it had killed, which seemed to balance difficulty with reward quite well.

dragon caves are absolutly minted, If my experience is representative you will find multiple piles of 400 gold coins

Is it actually stacks of 400 coins?  Or coins from the year 400?  Because I've seen something that says it's a 500 coin, which is one coin minted in the year 500, it turns out.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #406 on: November 15, 2010, 06:44:42 pm »

Yeah I've only cleaned out one dragon cave but I came away with several hundred coins of each type, I didn't see any stacks of 400+ though.

Ullallulloo

• Bay Watcher
  • My paperclip's name is Thomasalexandrenite.
    • View Profile
    • Ullallulloo's Blog
« Reply #407 on: November 15, 2010, 06:49:54 pm »

I tried a few times as peasant, not having much success except maybe the first quest. Then I tried switching to an Axedwarf instead of a Swordsman, and it went better, I killed two goblin chiefs on my own, and then got to a fortress just before nightfall. I reported my success and went to bed.

In the middle of the night, I got woken up in the night by about 5 or 6 bogeymen. A single swordsman was the only one around for some reason, and he quickly died. I killed 3 or 4 of them and the last two were starting to beat me up pretty bad. I got a bruised heart and wasn't hitting them much. I think I broke both of the legs of one, but it didn't seem to faze it. Finally, the sun came up and they turned to smoke. I took a single step away to see what all those lazy guards were doing while I was under attack when I suffocated. D:

I don't think that Bogeymen have any business being in fortresses.

If you sleep in the keep, they don't show up.
Yeah, I was just in the big main room. I see now that you have to be in the smaller room where you can ask for permission. Still weird though...

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 15, 2010, 06:51:20 pm »

I tried a few times as peasant, not having much success except maybe the first quest. Then I tried switching to an Axedwarf instead of a Swordsman, and it went better, I killed two goblin chiefs on my own, and then got to a fortress just before nightfall. I reported my success and went to bed.

In the middle of the night, I got woken up in the night by about 5 or 6 bogeymen. A single swordsman was the only one around for some reason, and he quickly died. I killed 3 or 4 of them and the last two were starting to beat me up pretty bad. I got a bruised heart and wasn't hitting them much. I think I broke both of the legs of one, but it didn't seem to faze it. Finally, the sun came up and they turned to smoke. I took a single step away to see what all those lazy guards were doing while I was under attack when I suffocated. D:

Yeah, I was just in the big main room. I see now that you have to be in the smaller room where you can ask for permission. Still weird though...

You mean the courtyard?

Ullallulloo

• Bay Watcher
  • My paperclip's name is Thomasalexandrenite.
    • View Profile
    • Ullallulloo's Blog
« Reply #409 on: November 15, 2010, 07:03:03 pm »

You mean the courtyard?
Apparently...I was wondering why there was snow there... :-[

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 16, 2010, 05:12:03 pm »

Maybe it's just me but the distribution of loot in caves seems really well done in this version. Most of the night creature caves had no loot besides some knives and forks (and for some reason nearly all had querns ???). When I was sent to kill a troll which seems (in theroy) to be much harder, there were random coins, decorated clothing and some bronze leggings as well as the bodies of the previous adventurers it had killed, which seemed to balance difficulty with reward quite well.

dragon caves are absolutly minted, If my experience is representative you will find multiple piles of 400 gold coins

Then it would take 1000 piles to fire Sasha for twelve seconds!

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 16, 2010, 06:14:39 pm »

Then it would take 1000 piles to fire Sasha for twelve seconds!
THE METAL, IT IS SO SHINY!
ITSY, BITSY CARP BACK HOME!
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 16, 2010, 06:22:33 pm »

Some of the clouds/desert/rain fog effects confuse me. Like....why the view starts flashing when I get near a lake. I wish there was a browser cursor on the Travel screen that would tell me what some of these things are supposed to mean.

The clouds are really cool, but man they make traveling tough.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]