Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions  (Read 32294 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions
« Reply #210 on: November 12, 2010, 08:23:13 pm »

My master thrower was shot in the leg, ripped the bolt out and threw it back at the archer and pierced him dead through the eye.

BAM!

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 12, 2010, 09:09:15 pm »

A chieftain appeared, so I kicked him in the head 'til he was dead!
HAH HAH HAH!
EDIT:Axeman:You human ladies wouldn't know how to break a spine if-. . .
*You kick the Axeman in the head with your right foot, tearing apart the upper spine's nervous tissue!
Axeman:MY SPINE!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:28:56 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2010, 09:14:28 pm »

Got a quest to kill a jackal and ended up in a desert made entirely 100% out of silt and chalk. IT WAS LIKE CANDY CANE DIRT

So I tried to draw it. I am not very good at drawing. Spoilered for super-duper saturation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:16:37 pm by freeformschooler »

Nirreln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #213 on: November 12, 2010, 09:31:07 pm »

And here I though I was going to do some more Minecraft stuff tonight. Coming soon to a series of tubes near you, Let's play Dwarf Fortress: Adventure Mode. New adventure mode stuff sounds like a lot of Fun.
Quote from: a rather odd engraving
This is a masterful image of your FPS and the HFS. The HFS is committing a depraved act on your FPS.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 12, 2010, 09:31:39 pm »

The new improvements are nice. It's easy to get quests and find stuff to do, and such. Recruiting people is easy, the log is nice too.

Shops are still cumbersome. One night outside and you're fucked and have to start all over. Playing is still pretty boring.

I'll stick to Fortress mode.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #215 on: November 12, 2010, 09:57:03 pm »

One night outside and you're fucked and have to start all over. Playing is still pretty boring.

Does no one understand the fact that you don't get attacked if you're with other people?

athros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2010, 09:57:17 pm »

So, I decided with all the changes to Adventurer mode, I'd take a dip in the cold, dark, shark infested Adventurer pool, thinking that having some skill at Fortress Mode would help me.

Ok, now that you're done laughing, I can continue.

So, first quest (ever as anything, though I started as a Human Hero) I am tasked with finding a bandit camp and wiping them out. All of them. So, with my bronze scimitar, bronze shield, and rope reed clothes, I head out (once I figured out the travel menu). Found the camp easily, and I roll in. First thing to charge me is a Hammerer. I met him in combat, and after a really amazing (long) fight, I managed to put him down. The commander decided to join the fight (now) and charges me. I, confused at all the charging, manage after another amazing (long) fight manage to put her down. Quest complete, so I head back to town. I report my success and (now wounded, nothing too serious but the right hand with nerve damage) I decide to bed down in the field. Whoops. Cackling commences. I jump up and start moving to a building, only to watch my Human brethren boil out of their homes and charge at the bogeymen. I manage to help them kill all 3, then get into a house and actually sleep. I get another quest to go kill Imma Blastedmuffins, the Maceman Bandit, at the same camp I was at (2 days before...I missed the sleeping till dawn thing) and so I head back to the camp, ready to kill. I see a grey human jump out and hit me with a....whip. One shot me with a whip. Well...umm...well...uh...

Guess I'm going Lasher on the next try.

As for Adventurer mode...I just wish I could run an Adventurer with a Fortress running on the same Region. Oh well. Time to get back to killing things.

Blood for the Blood God!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:59:57 pm by athros »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 12, 2010, 10:07:36 pm »

So, my badass demigod pikeman just died. How did he die, you ask?

Strangulation from a horror wife. I'm pissed right now.

Why am I pissed, you ask?

My guy was in almost perfect condition. And while fighting the horror wife I got into an unfavorable position and decided to crawl outside the cave temporarily. At the same time she decided to put a hold on my throat. I don't know if it was before or after I decided to crawl out. So, I try to crawl out and my guy LOSES CONSCIOUSNESS FROM ONE FRICKING ACTION OF STRANGULATION. When he eventually wakes up later, HE LOSES CONSCIOUSNESS AGAIN AFTER ONE ACTION OF STRANGULATION.

I don't know wither to be angry at the horror wife, or my own guy.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2010, 12:32:36 am »

I love that I can now get people in headlocks in order to punch them repeatedly in the face with complete precision.

Wait, what? You can do that? How? Lock their head with your upper left arm and attack with your right hand?

EDIT: Sorry, now that I look at it it sounds a little sarcastic. :-\ I really am curious.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 12:36:00 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 13, 2010, 12:44:25 am »

...I just found a house in a really, really bad position; 3 Z-levels beneath the ground, no ramp to the final level, and the house sits right next to one of the starting arms of a river on the same Z-level (meaning if the ice should melt the entire house would flood). Seriously, what moron would build a house there?

Edit: Oh, and, sleeping in one of the nearby houses caused me to wake up right on top of the in-river-house. Seriously, what is going on here?

Edit2: Actually, I woke up in the same place I slept. Turns out, the house I slept in fell down one Z-level and there's no ramps up. And apparently the same house that was in the river is now in a safe position. What, the, frick?

Edit3: Apparently a house is now in the middle of a frozen river. This hamlet is really, really, really messed up.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 12:57:11 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 13, 2010, 01:29:23 am »

One night outside and you're fucked and have to start all over. Playing is still pretty boring.

Does no one understand the fact that you don't get attacked if you're with other people?
Ah yes, the ever reliable other people. The ones that have a habit of just sitting down for no particular reason and refusing to move...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #221 on: November 13, 2010, 01:31:38 am »

Ah yes, the ever reliable other people. The ones that have a habit of just sitting down for no particular reason and refusing to move...
I've only seen that happen when they lose a leg or something. In my games since .17 came out the others have followed me unless I fast traveled while they were 'stunned' from sleeping.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 13, 2010, 02:11:04 am »

The only companion I've lost was a paraplegic peasant named 'The Knifeman'... I guess I traveled while he was stunned, leaving him in the frozen wastes I'd been exploring.
He disappeared off my companions list, but then, amazingly, when I was back in a town readying for another adventure, he turned up! He'd crawled, on his own, across miles of wasteland.
All he had to say about it was when I asked him about 'surroundings', he babbled on about savage beasts in the blizzard of creation... :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Andur

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 13, 2010, 03:04:58 am »

New adventure mode is awesome, thanks Toady :)

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 13, 2010, 03:34:48 am »

I've only seen that happen when they lose a leg or something. In my games since .17 came out the others have followed me unless I fast traveled while they were 'stunned' from sleeping.
Unconscious, not stunned.
I checked it to be sure after I lost a whole squad of my 1337 peasants :(
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28