Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28

Author Topic: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions  (Read 32303 times)

Skwerl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions
« Reply #195 on: November 12, 2010, 05:52:15 pm »

"Come back here, IŽll bite your legs off"

Does it count if I cut off both his arms and he bites me in the leg "severing an artery"

Yes I did give into pain and bleed out, how did you guess. -_-

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 12, 2010, 06:01:21 pm »

I just found a rabbit and then suddenly realized the possible exploit of the aimed attacked system.
Bladed weapon+defenseless rabbit=LUCKY RABBIT'S FOOT.
Who needs a shield when you can have a lucky rabbit foot?

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 12, 2010, 06:02:54 pm »

"Come back here, IŽll bite your legs off"

Does it count if I cut off both his arms and he bites me in the leg "severing an artery"

Yes I did give into pain and bleed out, how did you guess. -_-
Achievement unlocked:

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 12, 2010, 06:11:41 pm »

The failbridges are gone... Toady has finally fixed the bridges!
No, some are still stupid.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 12, 2010, 06:16:15 pm »

CAn anyone tell me which one is best? Iron shortsword, steel shortsword or silver shortsword.
Also found steel shield, iron shield

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 12, 2010, 06:19:49 pm »

No, some are still stupid.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That bridge is made of win.

CAn anyone tell me which one is best? Iron shortsword, steel shortsword or silver shortsword.
Also found steel shield, iron shield
Steel to both.

Anyway, did you guys know that it's possible to retire in a town while being attacked by bogeymen and have your adventurer still survive? Well, I had a crippled adventurer (nightwife got a lucky attack on one of my legs. However, I got a lucky attack on her lower body) that I decided I wanted to go down fighting. I slept near a town and waited for the bogeymen. When they came my guy failed horribly at killing so I decided I should just retire him. And amazingly it was possible despite my guy being in a situation that has an almost 100% chance of dying in.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 12, 2010, 06:22:12 pm »

I've died seven times, and I've never had more fun, and FUN, but no !!FUN!! yet.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2010, 06:30:03 pm »

I've died seven times, and I've never had more fun, and FUN, but no !!FUN!! yet.

1) Download Genesis
2) Suddenly appear a flaming bolt into your hands w/ reactions
3) Don't throw it but stand there for 1 turn
4) !!FUN!!

runiq

• Bay Watcher
  • Jabber: runiq at draugr dot de
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art account.
« Reply #203 on: November 12, 2010, 06:41:06 pm »

Dammit. I had it all---five dozen kills, a not-so-merry band of grisly, experienced heroes missing various limbs, and arms made of the finest steel. One day, when we ventured out to slay a hydra, we were ambushed by goblins. Nothing we couldn't handle, I thought---until my instincts took over and I dodged a crossbow bolt with a sidestep into the river.

That was so frikkin' awesome! Going around cutting limbs off of goblins is just... satisfying. Was pretty much my first experience with adventure mode. What I absolutely loved was the "ability" to stick weapons into people, pick up another from a diseased enemy, and keep fighting using that one. After that one ambush I think not one of them ended up with their own weapon on them...

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 12, 2010, 06:44:30 pm »

One of my guys held a great axe and a halberd in the same hand

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 12, 2010, 07:04:12 pm »

How the hell do I find a shop to trade for armor? All these block things seem to be are a bunch of farmhouses with nothing except people inside, no shops around.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

runiq

• Bay Watcher
  • Jabber: runiq at draugr dot de
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art account.
« Reply #206 on: November 12, 2010, 07:13:03 pm »

Only the yellow blocks have shops in them (those settlements with yellow blocks are towns while the white ones are hamlets, have a look at the description next to its name). Houses that are shops have a shop sign in front of them, look at it to determine the type of shop.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 12, 2010, 07:37:40 pm »

My first adventurer finally died when my party got ambushed by something like 60 goblins. I managed to outright kill a handful and horribly maim a lot more, but eventually I got tired and an arrow took out my one remaining eye. I got knocked down, dragged myself up, got a sword in the belly but managed to hold onto it and strangle the bastard that stabbed me before two spearman impaled me and a swordsman decapitated me as I was strangling one of the spearmen.

Most badass death ever!
...Everyone, feel free to post your even awesome-er deaths! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 12, 2010, 08:01:52 pm »

Okay.

A previous human monk-like was leading a small band of dudes in a fight none of them were ready for. I managed to get the mission target into a one-on-one fight, while my minions keep the others busy.

However, while I and the Overlord exchange dodges and glancing blows, my team gets wiped out, and they come for me.

I get shot in the leg, and go down, the overlord removes my foot.

However, I managed to get him in a headlock, rip out the bolt jammed in one leg, then stab out his eyes with it, leaving it jammed in one of the useless sockets. I take a sword to the neck from one of his soldiers, which also gets stuck there. I then rip the blade from my gaping neck wound, and then use it to decapitate the bastard I was sent there to kill. I go on to horribly maim a couple more, actually making a couple flee, then finally pass out from bloodloss.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 12, 2010, 08:21:57 pm »

I love that I can now get people in headlocks in order to punch them repeatedly in the face with complete precision.

Edit: I don't like the bogeymen.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:26:59 pm by Kay »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 28