Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28

Author Topic: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions  (Read 32393 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2010, 08:19:02 pm »

I mean
One thing I wish you could see is how tired you were, or if there was an option to rest until you weren't tired at all.

Uh....
I believe that when you're tired it will say "Drowsy" in dark blue text near the bottom now. Not sure how tired you have to be, though.
when the drowsy status dissapears that doesn't mean you're fully rested. If you wait until you're not drows and start travelling you will quickly become drowsy again.

That's the point though -- you don't wait until you're not drowsy. You sleep, preferably for several hours. That'll make it disappear for maybe half a day.

Man. All this stuff is awesome. but I should not be able to bite six things, one with each of my teeth.

"Who are you?"
"I'm the goddamn pac-man."

Congratulations, you win an internet.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2010, 08:36:48 pm »

Is there someway to change the color of the text from blue to something else?

Same with the red text?

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2010, 08:41:27 pm »

You can butcher animals and sell the meat at shops for cash to upgrade your equipment, just in case anyone was at a loss for how to actually get money without putting yourself into too much danger.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:43:07 pm by Mechanoid »
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2010, 08:42:26 pm »

Question.

Does pushing the directional button towards a freindly character make you attack them?

That's what's happening to me... I don't know if it's just me though.
Everybody!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2010, 08:44:23 pm »

Question.

Does pushing the directional button towards a freindly character make you attack them?

That's what's happening to me... I don't know if it's just me though.

Nope. They aren't friendly anymore. What Have You Done? ;)
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2010, 08:49:22 pm »

oh god, oh god.. Giant scorpian packs are scary.
I defeated 3 bandit groups and a trogoldyte without trouble, i had amassed a spearman, swordsman and 3 peasents in my group, we had triumped, and i was gaining skill.. and then we were ambushed by 3 giant scorpions. The camels in the distance ran like the wind, and in my arrogance i assumed it was from me..
The giant scorpions ran up to us, and then started showing what aimed attacks + being a scorpion can do, One stung my spearman, poisoning him, another pinsored my swordsmans arm, grabing him and stopping him from moving, then breaking his bone and mutilateing his sword-arm.. rendering him useless.... I quickly stabed a scorpion in its head-like appendage, killing it by stabbing through the brain, but then they were on me, pinsoring my limbs so i couldn't run away / use my weapons... and i was just... dead.. everyone was dead...

...be afraid of giant scorpions... poison + limb disabling attacks = scary

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2010, 08:50:48 pm »

Seems this only happens when I pla as a Kobold.
I'm sure they're frindly until I accidentally attack...

What's causing this, and what do I do to the raws to stop it?
Everybody!

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2010, 09:12:11 pm »

I had finished a quest and while i was walking back, i failed to notice that night had fallen. So millions of boogeyman started to chase me. One bit my lung, (wtf?) and i ran away, so for about 20min i was running away from them trying to find a town. I was about to reach the town but then a river was in my way, it was iced over but i though "Ice or Boogeyman"? So i jumped onto the iced river, i was getting closer to the town, but then a boogeyman jumped out and bit me and i died.

Fucking Boogeyman...

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2010, 09:16:40 pm »

Even with no speed, you can outrun them.

Least until you think 'Screw it' and fight back.

Bogeymens are FUN!
Everybody!

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2010, 09:26:21 pm »

So I was just in an intense session of adventure mode. I had already decimated many bandit camps and night creatures, and had a group of around 10 companions (4 of them were actually all cheesemakers!). As I was headed to kill this spouse of Trollingtonwhatever in some rural cave, I noticed I was in goblin territory. Too late. I'm suddenly warped out of the travel screen and prompted with large red letters "Halt, in the name of Bloodhill!" Next thing I know my entire group is completely outflanked and surrounded on all sides by goblin soldiers. We put up a good fight, but there were just WAAAAY too many of them and everyone including myself died.

aw yeah  8)
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2010, 09:26:43 pm »

"Who are you?"
"I'm the goddamn pac-man."

Must. Sig.

drvoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2010, 09:33:36 pm »

I understand the POINT of all this sprawl now.  It's a little annoying in fortress mode, but a LIFESAVER when traveling the continent in Adventurer Mode!
Ambassador magma patiently awaits his meeting with your nobles.

Pirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2010, 09:57:22 pm »

My dwarf adventurer just ripped off some nightcreature's head with his teeth ! I was strangling it with both lower arms, and my companion was hacking it with an axe. I decided to check how the combat opportunites will look like while I have two chokeholds on it. I noticed an opportunity to bite one of it's eyelids. I latched on firmly, and decided to shake my head. I turned out I latched onto it's head, and when I shaked it I tore it's head clean off !

I also found a strange castle. There was a lot of elephants, chimpazes and bonoboes outside. When I entered the castle it turned out there's nobody there. I checked the keep and a few towers. Strangely there, were a few elephants and other animals roaming around INSIDE the castle. And when I tried to leave, i saw like 20 or more elephants and like 40 other animals piled up just outside the gate. The closest ones attacked me, and the rest fled. Looked like they wanted to get in, but couldn't open the door. Btw that elephants are really tough, i stabbed it like 10 times in the head with an iron short sword and it was still alive.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 11, 2010, 10:03:40 pm »

The failbridges are gone... Toady has finally fixed the bridges!
Not so. Really, really... not so. To escape an enraged human hamlet I jumped two z-levels off the abrupt end of a bridge-to-nowhere and landed neatly between two strips of wall just poking above the river below. The walls sealed me in nicely like a swimming pool and I drowned.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 11, 2010, 10:04:53 pm »

The problem hadn't  gone away, I thought it had.

Oh, and I can play as a Kobold in a civ, but there are no Kobolds anywhere...

I think it's racists. I go into a house, and ask to sleep for the night, they oblige. I sleep for a few hours, and wake up stunned, in a room of sleeping humans. Then, walking into them makes me attack them.
I had to kill them all to be sure.

As for my adventure after that point, I was tasked to kill a spearman. I ran into his lackeys, and I cut his left foot off, and he mine. I tried for his head, but a maceman came in and bludgeoned me.

Oh, and I shattered someones toenail, which was fun.
Everybody!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28