Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28

Author Topic: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions  (Read 32412 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2010, 07:29:43 pm »

Did he even have to punch people?  I remember he didn't even have to do anything and their head explodes.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2010, 07:30:52 pm »

One thing I wish you could see is how tired you were, or if there was an option to rest until you weren't tired at all.

Uh....
I believe that when you're tired it will say "Drowsy" in dark blue text near the bottom now. Not sure how tired you have to be, though.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2010, 07:31:47 pm »

Did he even have to punch people?  I remember he didn't even have to do anything and their head explodes.

He jammed his fingers into their temples.  I tried pinching noses and ears and throats and stuff, and just wound up with a bunch of severed noses.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2010, 07:33:40 pm »

I just made an awesome samurai-eske swordsman, talented swordsman + talented dodger + superior agility. He was great and pretty much butchered everything, but a single wound caused by a bolt made him bleed to death :C
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2010, 07:42:36 pm »

I found a building with a "general store sign" outside its door. If all stores have signs that indicate what they are, then that's awesome, because that's something I've been wanting for a long time! No more having to go into a store to check out what it sells.
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2010, 07:48:01 pm »

Adventure Mode has gotten more interesting. I got on a few quests, and managed to fight them how I would envision them.

I had an epic battle against a troglodyte as my first quest, and beat it apart. And then I had a quest to take on a cougar, and I chopped it apart, boning the tail up, and then weakening the cougar until I had an opportunity to kill it by decapitation. F-yeah!

But then I had to take out a hammerman, and I had a peasant partner get disembowled before me before I could break half of one of the attackers before getting ripped apart myself.

I like the new interface. Makes Adv. Mode a hell of alot easier to play, and more precise in map mode. I even love the time tracker in Travel Mode, and my favorites, adjusting sleep times, and not having to find the one guy that gave you the quest, but instead, spread the word. And on that note, almost anyone can lend you a quest now. The Trog was from a carpenter, and the Cougar was from a farmer.

With spreading the word, I found it in good taste to carry the corpse or a trophy of my kill when I return from a quest as proof, and just because I awesome. I'll definitely be playing Adv. Mode more often now.

EDIT:
I like the additional options at the start as well. Now I can design my adventurer (stat-wise) more to my fitting. YAY!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:51:36 pm by Itnetlolor »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2010, 07:49:55 pm »

I can't find shops unless I search alooooooooooot. Sites are huge now, which is a plus, but I wish NPCs could point me to shops or something.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2010, 07:51:43 pm »

Yes!  Finally!  A proper night creature!  Litheme Duskgraves the Fatal Funeral - A bloated, three-eyed humanoid with a trunk, waxy skin, and a carving fork (whatever that is).  Time to push my mighty meatshields into his path, then throw spears prior to throwing punches.  Wish me luck!
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2010, 07:51:55 pm »

I mean
One thing I wish you could see is how tired you were, or if there was an option to rest until you weren't tired at all.

Uh....
I believe that when you're tired it will say "Drowsy" in dark blue text near the bottom now. Not sure how tired you have to be, though.
when the drowsy status dissapears that doesn't mean you're fully rested. If you wait until you're not drows and start travelling you will quickly become drowsy again.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2010, 07:55:33 pm »

I think morning-star wielders are a bit bugged, I met one and he seemed much more interested at biting me then using his bronze morning star.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2010, 08:00:52 pm »

Modifying the game so that all civilizations use the human's CITY site and associated tags will cause FUNCTIONAL ITEM SHOPS RELATED TO THE CREATURE IN CHARGE OF THAT TOWN to spawn. What does this mean? YOU CAN BUY NEW EQUIPMENT AS A DWARF /ELF /GOBLIN from the appropriate dwarf /elf /goblin town. 8)
Unfortunetly, nothing seems to spawn on mountain biomes (probably related to buildings needing trees; which mountain biomes never have) so you need to find a town (or better) that is on a non-mountain biome.

For anyone finding it difficult to find a item shop, hamlets and fortresses do not have shops. Only towns or higher have shops. Furthermore, if you press the "Q"uest button you can look around on the map for an icon's name that has the rating of "Town" instead of "Hamlet" as well, towns appear as yellow blocks instead of white ones on the travel map. (try and get your green @ to the area on/around a yellow block in the map window when you're at the local level)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:03:21 pm by Mechanoid »
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2010, 08:02:09 pm »

I mean

Uh....
when the drowsy status dissapears that doesn't mean you're fully rested. If you wait until you're not drows and start travelling you will quickly become drowsy again.
I usually wait until nighttime and sleep until dawn when I see Drowsy appear. Of course, in the wilds, I hope for the best. But in the case of having some kills to my name, it helps to ask for housing before sleep.

Speaking of sleeping, thank goodness it doesn't take forever to snooze.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2010, 08:06:05 pm »

Elven ambusher doesn't work...  Died after the longest battle ever... would be better if elves started with metal...  elven swords couldn't hurt a baby...
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2010, 08:07:00 pm »

Yes!  Finally!  A proper night creature!  Litheme Duskgraves the Fatal Funeral - A bloated, three-eyed humanoid with a trunk, waxy skin, and a carving fork (whatever that is).

I stole all his awesome stuff, and I'm now using his trunk as a flail.  Woo!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2010, 08:17:08 pm »

Man. All this stuff is awesome. but I should not be able to bite six things, one with each of my teeth.

"Who are you?"
"I'm the goddamn pac-man."
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28