Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions  (Read 32343 times)

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions
« Reply #285 on: November 13, 2010, 06:55:54 pm »

I think fish are a bit too strong. I just got a leg ripped clean off by a sturgeon will swimming up a river, after which it preceded to tear off both my hands and my other leg, finishing me off with a slap to head.

EDIT: Just happened again, I went to a local fail bridge to practice swimming and then lost my hands to a carp. Barely escaped with my life.

Am I the only one who doesnt get faibridges anymore?

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 13, 2010, 07:03:00 pm »

I just had the worst game ever. Frustrated to the point I won't play until some bugs are fixed.

I was playing a demigod swordsman. Went to kill a few bandits, and the leader manages to sever some nerves in my arm impairing my ability to grasp. It was in my shield hand, so I said whatever and killed the leader anyway.

Next bandit leader on the first strike severs the nerves in my weapon hand, taking my ability to grasp away completely. I run away to my hometown where I hope to retire, but my only option is to starve to death. It's that stupid bug from when I bought a new sword, where I'm labelled as a thief anyway. Ughh.

Oh, and I wish I could turn off bogeymen, they're just annoying and not fun IMO.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 13, 2010, 07:05:21 pm »

The bogeymen have yet to cause me any problems after getting even a single follower. Just do that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #288 on: November 13, 2010, 07:06:42 pm »

Also apparently you can turn them off by genning a world with no night creatures.

I haven't encountered either of those bugs, starving or incorrect reactions to purchased items, and I have played about 2 dozen adventurers now.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 13, 2010, 07:09:07 pm »

Well, if it only takes one follower, that's no problem, as long as they don't get killed (which they will  ;D)

You're lucky not to hit these bugs forsaken, that same adventurer was a thief in the eyes of his entire corner of the world, (I shop around.)

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 13, 2010, 07:12:47 pm »

Ability to stand lost, it says HEAVY BRUISING in yellow ;o

this, could be realistic, im told that in the real world, the brain and spinal cord dont heal like the rest of the body/much at all.

ive had most other bruises, and cuts heal on my characters but never recovered from brain or spinal injuries.

You could try retiring him, i believe it effectivly puts him in to infinite stasis
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 13, 2010, 07:15:31 pm »

You can butcher wild animals and sell the parts for equipment. If you're human, anyway.
Dwarves, goblins and elves all use the same size armor, so you can go around gobboville if you're in need of a breastplate and helmet - the rest can be found in Night-Creature lairs near dwarven civs.

or you can do what i did and use the CITY tag as the site default for the dwarves, elves, and goblin civs, and gen a new world. that'll get you shops for those 3 creature civs, and they stock the proper sized equipment, too!
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 13, 2010, 07:52:21 pm »

Awesome... Well, I added the adventurer tag to goblins in the raw files, making them playable.
My first goblin started with the normal equipment, and had pretty crap skills. They died to bogeymen, which was only annoying because they had an awesome randomly-generated name, "Brainhate".
So I made a new one, Yalqxi Uluxstosbub. "Yalqxi Brainhate".
He's out to avenge his relative, and he brought along an iron spear and traditional goblin war-mask.
He camped out in the wilderness until the bogeymen showed themselves, then unleashed the full fury of WAAAAGH and killed them all. ALL OF THEM! Now he's gonna wander the lands and stuff, the lone goblin, slaughtering everything that isn't green that gets in his path. >:D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 13, 2010, 08:01:05 pm »

Goblins are remarkably hard to make die.  I sliced off both the guy's hands and kept stabbing him in the chest and guts, and he just would not bleed out.

At least I've finally got a proper set of armor now, although I haven't found any leg-covering stuff.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Pirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 13, 2010, 08:32:25 pm »

Yeah, greaves and similar are hard to find. I got almost a complete iron armor by now, except for greaves.

Goblins are annoying me because they all wear helmets, and it's hard to stab them in the head. Even when they're unconsious. But I discovered that hitting them with a shield works pretty good ;)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 13, 2010, 08:42:39 pm »

I just took apart three bogeymen solo with an extra quick, heroic human swordsmen pointed up for combat, fresh out of the box. Lost a tooth and got clawed up pretty bad, but other than that....I just kept knocking them over and going for the guaranteed strikes.

New combat is awesome. So tactical now.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 13, 2010, 08:45:35 pm »

Huh. I've started to see Human Blowgunners. That's new, I think.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2010, 09:03:29 pm »

Blowgunners were here all the time, the reason why you see them is that the game no longer cares if the entity has an appropriate weapon for a profession when it generates bandit/patrol groups :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 13, 2010, 09:06:14 pm »

Holy fucking shit.

Adventure Mode went from "awesome" to "FUCKING AWESOME" in one update.

Directed attacks where enough, but bandit camps, more organic cities, and an improved wrestling system?

Toady, you are god. When I get a job, half of my paychecka are going to be donated to you.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 13, 2010, 09:23:23 pm »

But...is that just me or i can only find bronze stuff around the world...only bronze...nothing else
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28