Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions  (Read 32306 times)

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions
« Reply #270 on: November 13, 2010, 03:31:26 pm »

Ability to stand lost, it says HEAVY BRUISING in yellow ;o

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 13, 2010, 03:35:30 pm »

Sleep for a day. That should do the trick, unless some other injury is keeping you down.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 13, 2010, 03:36:33 pm »

No i slept for days and quick traveled for days and my spine is still screwed, i think spine cannot healed like irl aaaaaah trying to figure out a honorable way to suicide now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 13, 2010, 03:39:49 pm »

Hmm. Come to think of it, I haven't seen any bruses heal as of .17.

Uh-oh.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Scarpa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 13, 2010, 04:52:25 pm »

Just wondering, has anyone been able to get Bogeymen to disappear when dawn comes?

Yeah one of my adventurers got ambushed right at dawn while sleeping in the wilderness. It took until actual daylight to get them to disappear, for a little while I was wondering if they'd ever leave. I even managed to kill 2 while waiting for them to disappear, unfortunately they seem to spawn endlessly and killing a couple did not deter them at all.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 13, 2010, 04:59:08 pm »

I killed 10 and they disappeared.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Pirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 13, 2010, 05:00:23 pm »

Once, after losing all my companions to a goblin ambush, I spoke with a guy in some fortress and he said that a 'mighty hero like me does not have to fear the bogeymen', or something like that.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 13, 2010, 05:09:17 pm »

Recruit him. Wait for the boogymen to attack. See what happens.

Pirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 13, 2010, 05:19:02 pm »

I meant something else.
Guy said: "A mighty hero like you does not have to fear the bogeyman" or "... to sleep alone in the wilderness" or something like that.
So even the game tells you that you can defeat the bogeymen.

tagg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 13, 2010, 05:19:44 pm »

Why are kobolds more dangerous then any other enemy now? I killed a dragon without anyone in my party getting wounded, and then a bunch of kobolds ambush us and murder most of my companions. What the eff?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 13, 2010, 05:22:30 pm »

Rolling, rolling, rolling...

Single enemy has no chance without a big group. A big dodging group is another meaning.
You were just unlucky.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 13, 2010, 06:28:50 pm »

Playing an unarmed, martial arts type adventurer is insanely fun, and once you know some effective combos and techniques, it's possible to take on multiple armed enemies by yourself (though not recommended!)

You can do some really horrific things now, take for example, my mike Tyson moment:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've also ripped enemies guts with my teeth, etc.

So, onto unarmed moves:

Bites: Biting an opponents weapon hand and shaking it a bit nearly always leaves your opponent unarmed. I did a really nasty move once and bit someone in the throat! very messy!

Kicks: for disabling your opponent, like kicking them in the knee or stomach to make them vomit. If you're very lucky, a head kick can insta kill.

Punches: same as kicks really, they seem more accurate but less damaging.

Scratching (does this replace gouging?) Very powerful indeed. I've ripped through muscle and arteries with a simple scratch. Good for using against an enemies vital spots (eyes, ears etc) Horrible horrible injuries can result, such as tearing an enemies eye apart etc.

Wrestling: Much the same as other version, you can strangle, grab onto an opponents weapon/clothing and pull it away, break and lock joints etc. A very good combo is to throw or take down an opponent using a move then do something mean like stomp on their head. the possibilities are endless!

Don't forget, you can carry a small back up weapon like a knife in one hand just in case, and use the other hand for unarmed.

I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 13, 2010, 06:34:46 pm »

I think fish are a bit too strong. I just got a leg ripped clean off by a sturgeon will swimming up a river, after which it preceded to tear off both my hands and my other leg, finishing me off with a slap to head.

EDIT: Just happened again, I went to a local fail bridge to practice swimming and then lost my hands to a carp. Barely escaped with my life.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 06:51:47 pm by NLegari »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 13, 2010, 06:37:02 pm »

Heh, they are much weaker than before still. The days of the Dreaded Carp are behind.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 13, 2010, 06:41:49 pm »

Heh, they are much weaker than before still. The days of the Dreaded Carp are behind.
I don't beleive you! You're going to do somthing with Genesis and get us all killed by Ultra-Carp, aren't you!?

I'm not crazy. It's only crazy if you're wrong.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28