Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions  (Read 32302 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions
« Reply #255 on: November 13, 2010, 12:10:06 pm »

I guess you just hold one in your hand.

We had yet to be in a sandy area, and if they were trampling grass it would be a first.
You shouldn't be in a sandy area to get sand out of grass. There can be sand UNDER grass.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 13, 2010, 12:11:59 pm »

Any way i can dig to bury a corpse of my party member who is a hero? How do i bury someone?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 13, 2010, 12:12:50 pm »

Well damn. My legendary axeman can no longer grasp objects due to nerve damage sustaned fighing a roving bandit leader. Time to train up kicking and biting, I guess.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 13, 2010, 12:22:24 pm »

I can imagine your adventurer fighting whatever the odds - Kicking master? Legs gone.
Master biter? no teeth (perhaps you can bite, I don't know).

Eventually you'd end up as a lump. A kickass lump.
Everybody!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2010, 12:26:17 pm »

Another goblin attack, with a few humans this time. Ten more casualties. Kicked their leader to death as he tried to beat me to death with a masterwork mace.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 13, 2010, 12:28:15 pm »

finally got a dragon slaying quest, got to the cave (no different to night beast caves really (just no door)), but cant find the damn dragon. Ive searched the cave (i now have about 5000 gold/silver coins), i got the usual (monster stands before you message) but hes not there, ive left the site and returned, and tried sleeping and then returning, but i cant find him, and he is still my quest.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 13, 2010, 12:29:29 pm »

Finally had a total party kill, via dragon breath. The dragon didn't survive either.
No Gods, No Masters.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 13, 2010, 12:40:19 pm »

i have located the underworld, its the same as in previous versions, just you cant tell from the map, which cave entrances are .17 style and which are <.16 style
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 13, 2010, 12:46:47 pm »

my @venturer drowned in the underground, checking legends i found this...
"in the midautumn of 400, the dragon Lirina Heatjade the tax of fortune vanished in fortune wealthy"How can monster just vanish?

What is the meaning of this?

teoleo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 13, 2010, 01:36:13 pm »

i can help my wounded friends?

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 13, 2010, 01:55:19 pm »

i can help my wounded friends?

If you mean giving them crutches, no. As far as I can tell, there's still not way to get your companions to use any equipment they didn't have when you recruited them.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 13, 2010, 03:23:08 pm »

Just wondering, has anyone been able to get Bogeymen to disappear when dawn comes?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 13, 2010, 03:27:31 pm »

Help i don't know what to do ;( do i have to retire? My char spine is heavily bruised it's the only wound i got, i killed tons of evil night beasts and this troll i killed ruined my spine i can no longer stand up i fall, what do i do can sleeping forever heal it? 

Speed 614 :(
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 03:30:49 pm by toupz »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 13, 2010, 03:30:31 pm »

If it's just brused/function lossed, it'll heal on it's own after a while, yes. If it's broken or just plain gone, then you're pretty well screwed.
No Gods, No Masters.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 13, 2010, 03:30:53 pm »

Help i don't know what to do ;( do i have to retire? My char spine is heavily bruised it's the only wound i got, i killed tons of evil night beasts and this troll i killed ruined my spine i can no longer stand up i fall, what do i do can sleeping forever heal it?

Have you tried quick travel? If that doesn't work a crutch might.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28