Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28

Author Topic: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions  (Read 32289 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions
« Reply #240 on: November 13, 2010, 10:11:36 am »

I also notice that friendly bronze colossi in older versions end up going kill happy in the new one.
which sucks now with my .17 bronze due to I can never retire with out adding a huge bounty on my head.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 13, 2010, 10:12:27 am »

So far, every bandit my adventurers were sent to kill was darn overpowered compared to everything else. One of them killed a fully armoured, freshly-minted, adequate-skilled dwarf in two frames.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 13, 2010, 10:23:28 am »

yeh bandetos are much harder than night creatures. My main technique is to have a large crew of meat sheilds trecking around with me
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 13, 2010, 10:27:51 am »

i havent found any goblin towers yet, are they still in, also can you still get into the underground? I havent found any entrances

You can also try asking locals about the surroundings.  They might tell you about a cave with no monsters in it, and it will then show up on the world map.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 13, 2010, 10:34:52 am »

I just sliced a wolf open, making their guts spew out.  The wolf gave into pain, then I bit into its entrails, shook it about by its intestines, and ripped its guts clean out.  Holy fucking crap.

Also, how are people doing all of this 'headlock' stuff I'm hearing about? I assume you grab the head then punch, but it doesn't seem to give any accuracy boosts for me.  Does it need a certain skill level?
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 13, 2010, 10:38:30 am »

whats the largest group any of you have been ambushed by? i just got 10 kobolds and 6 wolves, but i have an squad of 10 Umans with me, so no sweat
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 13, 2010, 10:46:04 am »

I've had my twenty humans be ambushed by no less than thirty armed kolbolds before. They must really want all those shinies I don't have.

EDIT: I just got attacked by 27 Goblins, verses my 17 Humans. We lost seven men in that one battle, and I'm about to go fight a dragon. Oh boy.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 11:13:35 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Toybasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 13, 2010, 11:12:21 am »

Whats all this "Curb stomp" stuff im hearing about?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 13, 2010, 11:24:51 am »

My mistake, I didn't lose seven followers, I lost ten. And one more against the dragon. My entire party started melting for no apparent  reason afterwards. Just barely survived that.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 13, 2010, 11:26:01 am »

I think its because they become coated with the material of the dragon's breath... I just fought a  frost wyrm (Gensis) and half of my party froze to death on the way out of its lair.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 13, 2010, 11:49:33 am »

So, I made my way back to the human civs, recruited a new team, and was assigned another dragon to kill. And now, halfway through the hike, some of my uninjured new recruits have started....leaking....sand....

...that...that...

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 11:51:10 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 13, 2010, 11:51:03 am »

I think its because they become coated with the material of the dragon's breath... I just fought a  frost wyrm (Gensis) and half of my party froze to death on the way out of its lair.
The salvation in this case is any pool of water or a rain.

In vanilla though dragon breath is a simple burning damage without any real flaming liquid, so it doesn't work this way. A boiling blood though (which was spilt and boiled by the dragon fire) can cook people.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 13, 2010, 11:53:04 am »

So, I made my way back to the human civs, recruited a new team, and was assigned another dragon to kill. And now, halfway through the hike, some of my uninjured new recruits have started....leaking....sand....

...that...that...

They could have sand on their clothes and the rain could wash it away.

Are you sure they do not simply trample grass though?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 13, 2010, 11:58:23 am »

We had yet to be in a sandy area, and if they were trampling grass it would be a first.
No Gods, No Masters.

Pirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 13, 2010, 12:05:55 pm »

Crutches work. That's nice. :)
In adventure mode ? How do you use it ?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28