Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28

Author Topic: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions  (Read 32314 times)

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
Re: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions
« Reply #165 on: November 12, 2010, 09:33:45 am »

i just did this to a goblin
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 12, 2010, 09:37:02 am »

Awesome so far! Fuckin' awesome! Especially swords, for some reason, swords are the shit on my new world.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2010, 09:39:59 am »

And now it's my dwarven fighter and her rat leather backpack and her human underling versus a gang of bandits. It's a surprisingly potent weapon, the old humble backpack.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2010, 09:48:00 am »

Being a monk is basically the most awesome thing ever.

EDIT:  I fought a crossbowman for so long she became a wrestler.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:55:52 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2010, 10:32:56 am »

Being a monk is basically the most awesome thing ever.

EDIT:  I fought a crossbowman for so long she became a wrestler.

Did the same thing with a spearman.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2010, 10:36:24 am »

just completed the first quest so dang stressful... mostly due to having botch the Bronze stats by forgetting to add in intelligence leading to all skills to be wipe out. ... I figured this out from having to miss 50 times on grabbing a Moon troll. the Night and Day system seems fine but the fact your now a wandering HOBO kinda makes playing this game a little jarring.
forcing folks to be Homeless is worst than wanting to be Homeless.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2010, 11:08:03 am »

And now it's my dwarven fighter and her rat leather backpack and her human underling versus a gang of bandits. It's a surprisingly potent weapon, the old humble backpack.

Remember: the bane of Headshoots wielded a backpack. It's more potent than most would believe.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 12, 2010, 11:18:42 am »

I made a Demigod Biter and got a wolf tail stuck to my teeth. Watching the inventory screen of this guy after killing the wolves and a night creature spouse was pretty gnarly, all of his face absolutely covered in blood, down to each and every one of his teeth.

Then I got my skull fractured by a Spearman and suffocated.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 11:20:16 am by LASD »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2010, 11:29:07 am »

I would say that one weapon is more cheap/broken than the other but after playing extensively it seems like they all have some cheese grater/light saber qualities to them. Except axes. Axes seem pretty weak right now.

Currently playing a lasher. Whips and swords are the greatest.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 12, 2010, 11:38:17 am »

Scimitar is my fav weapon of choice

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 12, 2010, 11:39:25 am »

I brought up a old body swap save into 17 and found out that not being able to TRAVEL OUT of a open town a Game killer.
the fact you can't Travel out or into a fort seems unnecessary.
maybe Toady forgot that and we might get a 18 with abilities to do so.
it's a Pain to walk to a hole in a ground kill every one there then walk out.
fast travel to the fort then walk to the fort and find someone.
and having to do that with a character with 400 speed is enough to toss .17 in the trash bin.
maybe i'm tick off on the lack of making adamantine statues or carving statues out of stuff combined with
oh also when body swapped(version .10) you can't talk to Gods... some how .17 disprove all gods or something and trying to talk to them leads to a crash lovely.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 12, 2010, 11:40:07 am »

I just found out you can lower attributes as well as raise them.

I'm here to minmax and chew bubble gum, and I'm all outta gum.
Shoes...

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 12, 2010, 11:46:51 am »

I've been travelling through the night and sleeping anywhere I can with my group and I have NEVER EVER encountered a SINGLE bogeyman. Is it because I'm travelling with a large group?
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2010, 11:52:01 am »

I would say that one weapon is more cheap/broken than the other but after playing extensively it seems like they all have some cheese grater/light saber qualities to them. Except axes. Axes seem pretty weak right now.

Currently playing a lasher. Whips and swords are the greatest.
Halberds are always dangerous though, especially with those dang minotaurs.

I've been travelling through the night and sleeping anywhere I can with my group and I have NEVER EVER encountered a SINGLE bogeyman. Is it because I'm travelling with a large group?
Yeah, they don't attack groups

I adventured around and gained enough fame to become a legendary hero, had a band of about 18 people, most of which had titles. The goblins seemed to be getting annoyed with us (I've killed so many that they stammer out their attack announcements) and finally sent a veritable army to take us down. They seemed particularly angry at me, considering that I almost instantly caught a glancing arrow to the head and was knocked out. I woke up I dunno how long later with the battle raging around me and two goblins charging through the melee at me. One was a goblin swordsman who idly spilled the guts of one of my less experienced fighters as he ran past, the other was the master of the party, an ax goblin. The swordsman was several paces out in front of the master and I knew I had to get rid of him quick so I could fight the master one on one.

The swordsman missed me and I countered with a kick that broke his knee and then promptly strangled him till he passed out and slashed his throat. The ax goblin was already on me by then and managed to embed is blade in my shoulder. I grabbed the embedded ax with one hand and jammed my sword into his belly with the other. He tried to pull his ax out but lost his grip as I held it. I wrenched it out a moment later and lopped off his shield arm before tearing my sword free and slicing his head clean off. Things went ok after that, but most of my companions were either injured or killed. 

drvoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2010, 11:52:27 am »

Honestly, can anyone tell me why my aimed strikes are so ineffective?  As long as I just bash into creatures like the old versions, I can slay things easily, but the aimed strike menu just gives me a lot of tricky/solid strikes that consistently miss...
Ambassador magma patiently awaits his meeting with your nobles.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28