Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28

Author Topic: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions  (Read 32328 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: DF 31.17 Adventure Mode Impressions
« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2010, 04:29:28 am »

I can confirm that it is entirely possibly to fight off the bogeymen. After killing about seven with my dwaren axe lord (high master axe skill) they all vanished.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2010, 04:35:35 am »

I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

PermanentInk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2010, 04:36:56 am »

Is there someway to change the color of the text from blue to something else?

Same with the red text?

God, yes please.  I find the blue text nigh unreadable.  I tried fiddling with colors.txt but it doesn't seem to affect the text (water changes color just fine).

I put it in Mantis: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=3549

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2010, 04:40:40 am »

I just had the best talk with a lasher ever.

Me: I am here to discuss serving your cause.
Lasher: Death will find you soon enough.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2010, 04:52:04 am »

I just had the best talk with a lasher ever.

Me: I am here to discuss serving your cause.
Lasher: Death will find you soon enough.

Did you go talk to the lady of the keep and have her tell you that she doesn't want to send you off to die, and maybe you should talk to her underlings for more minor missions that they sometimes take an interest in?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2010, 04:54:46 am »

Nope. Guess I'll remember to do that next time I pop by a fortress then. Still, I thought that that talk with the lasher should be posted because it was simply hilarious.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2010, 05:02:27 am »

My first several adventurers died on their first assignment, pathetically under-equipped and unskilled.
Then came the almighty Kandarl Sukurir, "Beastsmear"! In the mid-autumn of 668, he became a hero, wandering around wiping out several groups of bandits with only his trusty greataxe and a ragged band of peasants.
His sad end came when, accompanied by his knife-armed comrades, he was sent to kill a bandit leader Oled Hazetug.
Fearless, he wandered straight up to their camp, and butchered several bandits with several strikes, before moving after a pesky bowman  on a nearby hill, who was filling his allies with arrows.
He marched up the hill, cleaving bandits left and right, then killed the bowman.
Sadly, he lost his axe, along with the use of a hand, and ended up wielding a pike instead, which perhaps led to his downfall.
Walking back to gather his hardened peasant-warriors, he was confronted by Oled Hazetug, grieviously wounded but still very much alive. The vicious bandit screamed curses, and bragged of killing our heroes companion Mel Pleatedsling, and then battle was joined!
But Kandarl, 'The Muscular Chasms' as he was known by people across the land, was not used to wielding a pike, much preferring his axe. His first strike skidded harmlessly off the evil woman's shield, who then smashed his last comrade's head in, before turning and finishing off Kandarl, a blow of her shield caving in his head.
The cruel bandits of 'The Touches of Fire' would live to terrorise people still!

WHoaaah! I love Adeventure Mode!! :D
There have been s-loads more epic adventures since that!
Notably: Sneaking into a troll lair and firing arrows blindly down a dark tunnel, hearing yells of pain before suddenly the trolls barged out into the light and killed my character. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pirate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2010, 07:36:16 am »

Just submitted the bug report for my hostile castles problem.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=3553

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3389
I ran into those castles too. But also found some normal castles with warriors, a lady etc.

What's funny about these castles is that wrestlers are not only unarmed, but also naked. My hero Swordsdwarf singlehandedly slaughtered like 20 of them in combat (fighting from 1 to 4-5 at once). If you have any weapon other than blunt, it's easy to deal with them.
But the fun part was when I realized it's too late to travel back into town, and decided to hide in some tower and wait until dawn. While sneaking around I noticed that all inhabitants are SLEEPING ! Not a single guy was awake ! I slaughtered an entire fort in it's sleep ! A stab in the head or a slashed throat was enough to kill everyone without breaking from hiding. I'm gonna try this on a regular castle :) Smells like a ton of loot <buahaha>
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 07:56:09 am by Pirate »

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2010, 08:04:05 am »

I was traveling along as a human swordsman, minding my own business with my Spearman and Axeman allies.

Suddenly, elf bandits come out of nowhere and maul us to death.

This is AWESOME!
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2010, 08:38:54 am »

aim attacks are sooo awsome, downed my first troll with axe to face (head). Unfortunatly i then got nailed by a goblin capitan on my next quest. how bigger crew do u guys take with you?
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

alphawolf29

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2010, 08:48:27 am »

I didn't think combat could get any better than 40d....god..combat now brings tears to my eyes. I can just imagine the epic combat.

Made a monk kung fu type, all kicking/striking/wrestling.

2 axemen charge me.

Kick one in the low leg, smashing it to pieces.
Axeman is now on the ground.
Curb stomp.

Axemen two comes at me, werestling, break arm.
Punch him, all his teeth fly out.
Punch again, unconscious.
Aim for his heart. Basically rip it out.

HOW AWESOME IS THAT.

also, lol

"You look like a fine warrior!"
"I'm a thresher."
"You look like a fine warrior!"
"No, I'm a thresher."

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2010, 09:03:12 am »

Fighting a famed bandit and finishing her off with two shots, one to the gut and the second beheading her? Very yes.

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2010, 09:11:53 am »

I dunno if it's me playing them crazier or what, but my higher stated Adventurers (Aka Demi-gods) have died/fallen quicker (Humans mind you)  than my Dwarven Heroes.

What's up with that?

But I absolutely love Adventure Mode, I sense Fortress Mode is gonna get back burner for me for a bit.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2010, 09:13:18 am »

I knocked a dragon to the ground(useing a meat shield) and hacked away at it's head while it was unconcious, took awhile for it to go down but I did it. I later threw corpse at someone, breaking their spine.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Comrade_Fregge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2010, 09:25:21 am »

I was fighting this Ogress, and had already chopped off one of her legs, one of her hands, and the entire other arm. I, however, hadnt taken a single blow. She was lying on the floor in her own blood, with me and my party attacking her.

Then, she struck me in the head with her arm stump, from the floor. My skull was jammed through my brain, and I died instantly.
Now, THATs what I call Fun.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:28:21 am by Comrade_Fregge »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28