Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.17 Released  (Read 69422 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.17 Released
« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2010, 04:19:34 pm »

Meanwhile, in the Genesis mod... one of the dwarf castes has a poison bite.

Ugh... I bite people and they IMMEDIATELY MELT!

I think I will make a GCS-type bite for aspid dwarves and use this random awesome effect for a new caste of demonic dwarves which will be really rare.

P.S. I see, the bodies explode in fire after they die. It looks like the temperature transition formula was a bit changed so now it's possible to set people on fire with liquids.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2010, 04:23:38 pm »

Out of curiousity, if you give a dwarf a ranged attack like the imp's can you use it in adventure mode?

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2010, 04:48:13 pm »

Out of curiousity, if you give a dwarf a ranged attack like the imp's can you use it in adventure mode?
No. There is no command in adv.mode to spit globs of venom or use fire breath. But with .31.17, biting is an aimed attack.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

NerfJihad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2010, 06:30:08 pm »

Hah, adding this to dwarf and elf civilizations replacing their normal site type really improves adventure mode with those races.
Code: [Select]
[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY]
[LIKES_SITE:CITY]

Edit: I started high in the mountains and had to climb down before I could (T)ravel but I have dwarf villages now and stores! Also doing this makes them somehow grow plump helmets above ground...

Maybe I'm stupid, but which specific file do I have to do to do that?

Maxxeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2010, 07:14:03 pm »

in fortress mode my dwarves have gone back to beating enemies with crossbows instaid of firing them. :(  is this a returning bug or my bad ammo planning? they're still using them in training.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2010, 07:42:33 pm »

No idea if it's reproducible or not, but ran into the following crash:
./df:  line 6: 22599 Segmentation fault         ./libs/DwarfFortress
System is Debian 5.0.2 running linux kernel 2.6.26-2-686

Occurred when night was falling, when I hit '>' to exit travel view inside a town.

Had a reasonably successful run with my first adventurer, had killed a night creature and 5 bandits, had 3 peasant types following me around, and was starting to accumulate a decent loadout of armor.

c'est la Dwarf Fortress...

Loving the new version regardless of crashes!
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2010, 07:59:41 pm »

Hah, adding this to dwarf and elf civilizations replacing their normal site type really improves adventure mode with those races.
[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY]
[LIKES_SITE:CITY]

Edit: I started high in the mountains and had to climb down before I could (T)ravel but I have dwarf villages now and stores! Also doing this makes them somehow grow plump helmets above ground...

Maybe I'm stupid, but which specific file do I have to do to do that?
Oh sorry, in raw/objects folder find entity_default

Find the lines under the dwarf civ (first one) that read:

[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CAVE_DETAILED]
[LIKES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED]

and change them to what I have above.

Sometimes you will start out high in the mountains, just head towards the nearest town or head in one direction until you're out of the mountains because you cannot (T)ravel from the mountains.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2010, 08:24:07 pm »

Weapon/spike traps are hosed. They crash upon being triggered :(

So...NO DANGER ROOMS????????

edit: oh, it's been fixed for next version, nvm.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2010, 08:26:49 pm »

I should also mention, you MUST generate a new world when you do that. Changing an existing world's entity raws will have no effect, or possibly negative effects, but it won't give you dwarf towns.

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 14, 2010, 09:19:04 pm »

My game is lagging weirdly on fortress mode. No low FPS where the dwarves go slowly, but like they freeze for about 10 seconds, then run around for a few seconds, then it freezes for 10 seconds, etc etc. Its annoying but I cant work out if its the game or my computer.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 14, 2010, 10:38:17 pm »

LOVING adventure mode. Got a quest to kill a goblin bowman immediately, found him using the cool new map tools. Is there a "go to location" button I'm missing? I had to walk there normally, using the map as a guide, still cool and functional. Also, when I get my weapon lodged in a dude, I select "I" then my weapon then gain possession, cool. Is there a way to twist it in the wound or some other maneuver for a lodged weapon? If so I would love to know how!

All glory to the ToadyOne!  :D
If I'm right, simply attacking while an edged weapon is stuck in an enemy causes you to twist it around, and usually moving away from the target will rip the weapon out with you.

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 14, 2010, 11:51:36 pm »

LOVING adventure mode. Got a quest to kill a goblin bowman immediately, found him using the cool new map tools. Is there a "go to location" button I'm missing? I had to walk there normally, using the map as a guide, still cool and functional. Also, when I get my weapon lodged in a dude, I select "I" then my weapon then gain possession, cool. Is there a way to twist it in the wound or some other maneuver for a lodged weapon? If so I would love to know how!

All glory to the ToadyOne!  :D
If I'm right, simply attacking while an edged weapon is stuck in an enemy causes you to twist it around, and usually moving away from the target will rip the weapon out with you.

This is what I've seen as well, just hit the movement key in the direction of the enemy, I guess it will pick the enemy your weapon is stuck in in case of a pile-up?
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 15, 2010, 02:13:32 am »

Anyone know how to twist the weapon if the enemy is on the same tile as you (prone under you) ?
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

KoffeeKup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 15, 2010, 02:34:40 am »

I am a bit concerned to down load this new update, mostly cause I "heard" there were some bugs with Dwarf Fortress mode. Is this just people talking or for real problems?
Also, is it worth it anyway?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 02:39:19 am by KoffeeKup »
...and as all life ends
As elves and trees burn,As goblins are butchered
As humans are slaughtered,As the legions of hell lay waste to the world
Knock back a few drinks and tell yourself:T'was fun while it lasted-The writing on the Adamantine hatch to hell in Gemclod, Armok rest their valiant souls.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 15, 2010, 05:00:31 am »

Anyone know how to twist the weapon if the enemy is on the same tile as you (prone under you) ?

pressing 5 I think (middle key on the keypad) will auto-attack enemies on the same tile.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18