Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.17 Released  (Read 69490 times)

boatie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.17 Released
« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2010, 12:25:35 pm »

This is my first post, and it's awesome to get an update.

I'm still a new player so i'm using the LazyNewb pack and would like to continue to do so, is there any faq or site to show how to add in a new update to a graphic pack (or more specifically to LazyNewb if possible)?

Sorry if this is a dumb often question but I think I've looked around to see if someone else has asked

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2010, 12:26:25 pm »

W H A T A H O R R I B L E N I G H T TO H A V E A C U R S E ! ! !
Also: DO NIGHT CREATURES SHOW UP IN DORF MODE? PLEASE TELL ME YES, THEY SOUND SO COOL BUT I'M JUST NOT THE ADVENTURE MODE TYPE.

COME ON DOES ANYONE KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS? SERIOUSLY I'VE GOTTA KNOW!
Toady did give the cryptic warning that we better give proper treatment to dwarf corpses in fortress mode now or else Something will happen. He also said there were new Spoilers for this version which he obviously could not give details of. Time for someone to be very unrespective of the dead and see what happens!
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2010, 12:32:36 pm »

I'm still a new player so i'm using the LazyNewb pack and would like to continue to do so, is there any faq or site to show how to add in a new update to a graphic pack (or more specifically to LazyNewb if possible)?

Sorry if this is a dumb often question but I think I've looked around to see if someone else has asked

the maker will update it, give him some time

Torham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2010, 12:36:00 pm »

Just donated $20. Buy yourself a beer from me, Toady.
I, for one, welcome our new Pony Overlords.

boatie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2010, 12:45:31 pm »

the maker will update it, give him some time

Oh I don't mean to sound impatient on that end, it was just a question of whether or not it's possible. I don't know really how to add in graphic tiles myself and have only been using pre-packed graphics and would like to know how to do it on my own

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2010, 01:07:29 pm »

Graphics tilesets and such have their own threads over in the modding sub-forum. They should have instructions on how to do it yourself in there. I guess the LazyNewb pack ought to have a useful "if you want to do this yourself in the future, here's how" option.
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

boatie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2010, 01:12:56 pm »

Oh I guess I'm just a bad searcher then, my bad.

I'll use this post to say how much I already love this game and cool update!

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2010, 01:15:57 pm »

Well, just found out about what can happen when a dwarf isn't properly buried (poor guy died when tapping the magma for our forges).  I don't know if other things can happen, but this is interesting...
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2010, 01:49:51 pm »

Oh I guess I'm just a bad searcher then, my bad.

I'll use this post to say how much I already love this game and cool update!
All else fails, hit the wiki as I know there's a page for tilesets there.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2010, 02:12:27 pm »

After countless victories over the enemies of The Girdled Nation, the human swordswoman Lalcil Raptorsquash was bestowed with the title "The Young Rack of Shadows." She had defeated no less than seventeen bandits and goblins and had the scars (and dead companions) to prove it. So far no threat seemed to great for Lalcil, who was rumored to be of divine parentage. Her story is now little more than a footnote, though, after she learned the hard way why you should be afraid of the night...

"Young Rack of Shadows"...that must be a pretty impressive rack for them to make that her hero name...  "hey!  Nice Ra...", "If you say 'nice rack' I'll jam this sword through your eye!", "...Nice...Weather...yeah, not too bad...well, a tad nipply tho..." *sworded*

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2010, 02:20:10 pm »

Anybody else distressed that every single warrior in the world craves death? And random peasant, and butcher, and cheesemaker...

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2010, 02:37:17 pm »

Oh my. I think I found a bug.

Gamelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not entirely sure what happened here. I spawned, the game was super laggy, and then I think the ground exploded. Or rather, I think the game was super laggy because the ground exploded. I can't really see much; I appear to be in a 2zlvl pit, or at least I can only see 2 z's of it. I can't really see anything, as it is all obscured by either cave-in dust or smoke or something. It won't let me look at it, what with being dead and all. Maybe the caverns spawned here in such a way that the entire hamlet fell into the abyss, but that doesn't explain the BOILING MAGMA.

EDIT: Seems to be semi-replicable. At least, I started a new adventurer with the same civ and was beset by a wave of smoke (or something) and horrible lag. Steady 4 FPS. Fast travelling a few tiles to the North does not seem to be helping matters
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 02:52:18 pm by monk12 »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2010, 03:02:41 pm »

You were so unfortunate to end your world gen at it's actual Ragnarok.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2010, 03:12:18 pm »

You were so unfortunate to end your world gen at it's actual Ragnarok.

Oh man now I hope that's an ini option in the future. End year doesn't end world gen, it ends the WORLD. Possibly via clowns. Or the Tarrasque.

GetAssista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2010, 03:21:55 pm »

Quote from: Toady One
   (*)changed how guts popping out works
This got me chuckling. Hurrah for the guts popping out!!
this is experimental forum text worm virus.
please add me to your signature on all your forums and delete some of your personal files on your hard drive.
thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18