Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.17 Released  (Read 69476 times)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.17 Released
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2010, 08:45:46 pm »

Genning a new world now. :o I noticed the menu overhaul for labors in Fort mode. Makes toggling your dorfs labors on and off a lot easier.
My world is genning with 10,000 years of legends :D . Lots and lots of awesomeness is to be expected. 8)

Did you say 10,000? I don't want to know the size of your saves.

Ninja Edit'd

ITS OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAND!

*ahem*

I am SO HAPPY this happened right before my day off. Lets see how many hours of DF I can cram into the next 36...

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2010, 09:22:29 pm »

I am SO HAPPY this happened right before my day off. Lets see how many hours of DF I can cram into the next 36...

Go for at least 48. Anything less is undwarven.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2010, 09:25:27 pm »

Go for at least 48. Anything less is undwarven.

New Megaproject: Obsidian Cast Delorean with a Marble/Pitchblende Flux Capacitor, to be dropped down a volcano. Hopefully it will hit 88 before it hits the semimolten rock...

Trammelkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2010, 09:40:38 pm »

I seem to be able to walk off of the edge of the map in adventure mode when in the over-world view, it crashed when I tried to visit these unknown wastes.

But that doesn't even begin to detract from my sheer joy at this release.  :D

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2010, 09:47:58 pm »

Worldgen seems to be much faster now. Also being able to fine-tune the default world formation is nice.
Usually, the problem has to do with the rivers having to be run about 20 times, which seems to not happen anymore.
Another incredible update.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2010, 09:51:29 pm »

Wheeeeeeeeee!  Beat one goblin outlaw, traded in his clothes for a crossbow and two stacks of bolts. (Maybe bandits shouldn't have GGS silk clothes?)

Possible bug: I got to this one village/hamlet type thing where all of the inhabitants say "Don't talk to me" when I try to talk, and I get a "You must leave the site to travel" when I press "T".

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2010, 10:00:01 pm »

...and I get a "You must leave the site to travel" when I press "T".
I don't know if that's a bug. Some places you cannot (T)ravel from now and you have to get far enough away first.

Incidentally, how do I locate a shop? I have yet to see one.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2010, 10:05:07 pm »

Awesome!! I was so excited when I saw the .17 on the homepage!! :D
Now, if I don't get horribly killed within a few minutes, I'll be disappointed. :P
Great job Toady!
. . .

I was most certainly not disappointed!! xD

Wooooow! This is so great! Everything works well, the map is very good, and I can actually bite people now!
I wrote out a whole paragraph detailing my adventurer's antics(The first several dying very fast), but I'm not sure people'd bother reading it. :P It's great fun! Looting bandit camps is just... Well, great.
The aimed attacks add a whole level of strategy to combat, like, 'Quick, I'll bash the spear shaft into their arm, then while they're off balance, I'll ram the spear through their eye!'
Just fantastic!
I haven't found any major bugs yet, either. :) Great job Toady!

Also: When you get 'You must leave this site to travel', that's not a bug. It's when you're either in an enemy camp, or some other important location like a fortress. I guess the reason the people there wouldn't talk to you is that you've comitted some crime.
That happens in other versions, when you become a criminal, people won't talk to you and you can't fast travel. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2010, 10:06:44 pm »

Spinal Severs! WHEEE!
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Ma88hew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2010, 10:20:51 pm »

I just got beaten by bandits. I thought elves were supposed to have wooden weapons! I guess they stole the bronze ones or something.
Adventure mode is now a proper game. :D
And it also has dwarven difficulty. Yay.

Incidentally, how do I locate a shop? I have yet to see one.
You have to be in one of the yellow colored towns. The shops will have signs next to them.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2010, 10:32:31 pm »

Also: When you get 'You must leave this site to travel', that's not a bug. It's when you're either in an enemy camp, or some other important location like a fortress. I guess the reason the people there wouldn't talk to you is that you've comitted some crime.
That happens in other versions, when you become a criminal, people won't talk to you and you can't fast travel. :)

I put one of my travelling companions out of his misery, then tried to doss down in a human village. A gem cutter woke up, said "Can I help you with something?", added, "Don't talk to me", and then attacked me with a knife.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2010, 10:37:08 pm »

I'd say that citizens need to be nerfed abit, I was screwing around in diety, with rediculous stats, and a butcher one-shot decapped my with a carving knife. Weren't decapps supposed to be made harder?

Ah well, its sorta like wolves of yore ain't it.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2010, 10:41:48 pm »

I have not heard a single complaint with this.

Go Toady Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2010, 10:45:34 pm »

I'm holding both a crossbow and bolts, but I can't fire anything.  Do I need to put my ammo into a quiver?  I don't remember needing quivers in adv-mode before.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2010, 10:55:37 pm »

Make sure your crossbow-wielding hand isn't holding other things (for example shield or some item you were removing from yourself).

Thanks Toady for all your great work!
I am just going to try the awesome new stuff.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18