Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.17 Released  (Read 69456 times)

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.17 Released
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2010, 06:57:24 pm »

so now mayday needs updated...
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2010, 06:59:08 pm »

(*)toes/fingers protected by armor
(*)added memorial slabs to dwarf mode
(*)added shops with signs to towns
(*)changed how lower body/head severs work (spinal sever required)

You know, the fact that you hasn't mentioned these, and yet if this was a high-budget ongoing-development game under other circumstances these changes would have been flaunted, makes me all the more appreciative of your work, Tarn, Zach.

Well done, chaps!
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

GrizzleBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2010, 07:03:13 pm »

Dammit, why do I have to work tomorrow...bring on the weekend so I can try and make an adventurer last through his first fight.

BTW, something weird happened. I got permission to sleep in a house in town, but when I woke up I was outside and in a kind of wasteland area. I checked the map and I was in the same place but the town square had dissapeared....?
Its THE NOTHING!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2010, 07:04:07 pm »

ee e   ee e e
This is funny.
²²²ee@ee²e²²,,,..,'`,,.``,´.,.,,,²²e

Hummingbird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2010, 07:07:08 pm »

Now you will know why you fear the night.

Holy shit! D:
But Elves aren't Vegetarians. They eat people.
So they are humanitarians.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2010, 07:23:25 pm »

Just downloaded it, checking it out now.

The new create world now options menu is excellent, great job! Much better then mucking around with the advanced menu. (is this new for .17? I've been using .12).

My first quest from a random stonemason was to kill a bandit swordsman. I tried to sneak up on him and failed miserably (0 points in sneaking, who would have guessed?) but went into a martial trance and hacked his guts out (literally...) after which point I did an aimed strike to the head to finish him.

On to better things! Adventure mode is really fun now, great job!

Edit: a human maceman just bit me, latched on, and shook me around by the lower left leg. bug? feature? who cares, it's awesome!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:30:42 pm by BurnedToast »
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2010, 07:38:23 pm »

It came in .16, buts its amazing nonetheless.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2010, 08:01:30 pm »

Awesome!! I was so excited when I saw the .17 on the homepage!! :D
Now, if I don't get horribly killed within a few minutes, I'll be disappointed. :P
Great job Toady!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

rat_pack40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2010, 08:12:26 pm »

If I didn't have to work tomorrow, I would totally be running an adventurer right now.
Even so, I managed to get Final Fantasy XIV working on my system that doesn't even meet the minimum requirements, but DF will lag out at lower populated areas than this beast of a 15 GIGABYTE game. It's madness I tell you, MADNESS!!!

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2010, 08:14:45 pm »

A human hero appeared in the history of the lands, a hero named Ecroh Filledlizard.

A peasant in Cheerfulpokers told Ecroh to put his faith in minerals, and go end the bandit menace. He did so, dispatching a bandit commander with ease, and then tackling the pair of warlords who lurked on the edge of the camp. Searching the area, Ecroh found a helm resting atop a large wooden chest, which contained clothes and coins.

Returning to the castle to make his report, a voice boomed from the night: "Tell them it was the Conjurers of Wonder, if you live!" But these were no mere children's entertainers. The human bandits fought like men possessed with their barbed whips. In the end, though, Ecroh prevailed. He hunted down the wounded and slew them one by one.

The hero was tired and bruised, and caught in the wilderness with nowhere to shelter. In an attempt to protect himself from the night gribblers, he set fire to dozens of trees and bushes in a wide circle around him, and lay down to rest.

When Ecroh Filledlizard awoke, a terrible shape stood over him. A small, skinny, eyeless figure with branching antennae and cracked grey skin had its hands at his neck, howling insults all the while. In a matter of seconds, Ecroh's skull was shattered, his delicious headmeats seeping into the forest floor.

These are the things fairy tales are made of.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2010, 08:15:29 pm »

Ok damn night creatures are hard. Gonna see if i can get them in Fort Mode and weaponize them.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2010, 08:19:39 pm »

. . .

I was most certainly not disappointed!! xD
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ribosom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2010, 08:25:29 pm »

Alaaaf!

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2010, 08:37:33 pm »

Genning a new world now. :o I noticed the menu overhaul for labors in Fort mode. Makes toggling your dorfs labors on and off a lot easier.
My world is genning with 10,000 years of legends :D . Lots and lots of awesomeness is to be expected. 8)
Aww, man, it stopped genning at 1050, even though I specified it to run for 10,000 years :'( .
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 08:41:56 pm by Megaman3321 »
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2010, 08:42:18 pm »

Genning a new world now. :o I noticed the menu overhaul for labors in Fort mode. Makes toggling your dorfs labors on and off a lot easier.
My world is genning with 10,000 years of legends :D . Lots and lots of awesomeness is to be expected. 8)

Did you say 10,000? I don't want to know the size of your saves.

Ninja Edit'd
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18