Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.17 Released  (Read 69438 times)

Maxxeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.17 Released
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2010, 02:43:16 pm »

I just genned the 'dimensions of forever' :D  sounds promising already!

Sleep Toady, we will be fine for a while, but prepare to wake to bug reports ;)

Thanks very much, you're the best developer of human or even dwarfkind

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2010, 02:44:54 pm »

LOVING adventure mode. Got a quest to kill a goblin bowman immediately, found him using the cool new map tools. Is there a "go to location" button I'm missing? I had to walk there normally, using the map as a guide, still cool and functional.

Enjoy that for now, the overhead maps midway are very nice-looking and organized.
It's definitely faster than walking.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2010, 02:45:14 pm »

So it is working that much at least, he he he.  I'm going to be gone for some hours, since I haven't slept for a long time or much at all the last four days.  I hope it works well enough that you can enjoy it for a while.

I'm sometimes worried about Toadys health cause he works so much :O

But I've been awaiting this sooo much  :D
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2010, 02:57:49 pm »

uhm, it's me, or world generation has gotten way slower?

Duelmaster409

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_FIGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2010, 02:59:05 pm »

If I could kiss Toady physically I would.  :-*
Dwarf fortress: Teaching uni level geology to sadistic elf killers for years.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2010, 03:05:03 pm »

I managed to kill a night horror wife without a scratch, but when I slept in the wild I got gangbanged by several "Bogeymen" who punched my brain in.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Lord Herman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2010, 03:08:47 pm »

Hurray, update! =D

My first adventure wasn't very long. I was sent to kill a human lasher. The human lasher lashed my brain in with his copper whip.

Next adventurer! =D

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2010, 03:11:13 pm »

My name is Tuco Penathaguk. You could say I'm something of a hero, strong, tough, somewhat agile. Handy with sword, shield, and armor, and a swimmer. I'm from Taror, Landlips, where Mones, a siege engineer told of a creature of great dread. Hethre Primeswam, wife of the Muttering Monster. He suggested I should find her in her lair Nighttunnel, and kill her. He also mentioned something about not going alone, but who'd join me right now?

Nighttunnel, as it turns out, lies north-north-east, past the fortress of Flewpuzzle. After some mucking about, I found the entrance in the hillside, where I was immediately greeted by the grisly remains of Hethre's latest victim. Meat, fat, bone meal by a quern, a skull, more gore, and the clothes of the poor chap that gore belonged to. Some coin and a fork as well. Sneaking in, I was quickly greeted by the trunked beast, twitching to carve me up with her slicing knife. The thrown fork didn't do much, and I soon landed on the ground, and after some less aimed fighting, I put more emphasis on the opportunities that arose in the battle. Good for me, as soon the beast was separated from one of her arms, her trunk, and finally her head. A bit more scouring revealed another corpse, more gore, and a puzzlebox. I also took Hethre's knife, she sure didn't need it anymore. It was getting dark, so I approached the fortress, but figured I wouldn't be welcome to sleep there yet. I took the chance to sleep shortly before the gate, and while I thought I heard something in my sleep, it must have been dawn rousing me after all. Now I'm back on Taror to report my success...

;D ;D ;D
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 03:23:12 pm »

YES! The update is here!

Praise Toady!

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 03:23:58 pm »

Do we have to start a world in 0.31.13? Does the current world generation still not produce a nice world?
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2010, 03:25:11 pm »

Do we have to start a world in 0.31.13? Does the current world generation still not produce a nice world?

He was only saying that to compare. The current worldgen produces an incredibly nice world. Just make sure to give it a bit of time (read: 100+ yrs) so that you can have a lot of quests.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2010, 03:27:47 pm »

He was only saying that to compare. The current worldgen produces an incredibly nice world. Just make sure to give it a bit of time (read: 100+ yrs) so that you can have a lot of quests.

Ooooooooooooo

ok
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

JimiD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2010, 03:34:30 pm »

I tried copying my current fort into 3.17.
It runs fine when I dont copy the 3.17 raw file into the save folder, but fails to run at all with the raws copied.

Update: it just crashed out running 3.17 with 3.16 raws in the save folder (unsurprisingly).  I will see if this is consistent, then log it on Mantis.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2010, 03:38:07 pm »

I tried copying my current fort into 3.17.
It runs fine when I dont copy the 3.17 raw file into the save folder, but fails to run at all with the raws copied.

Update: it just crashed out running 3.17 with 3.16 raws in the save folder (unsurprisingly).  I will see if this is consistent, then log it on Mantis.

So, how is gameplay with the ancient (if even existent) 3.x versions? Lemme try too  ;D

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2010, 03:44:03 pm »

What time is it? Adventure Time! :)
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18