Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Teenage lesbians banned from dancing, accused of lubing up the slippery slope  (Read 7652 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

I just looked it up, I can't remember them off hand.  I did notice some of them were a little odd compared to what I remember, commandment 2 implies no statues or pictures or anything.
Shoes...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair, when was the last time you have seen a statue of god?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Plenty of times. You've never seen a cross that includes Jesus? They can be quite graphic, actually. That doesn't even touch on all the other religions with statues.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:30:01 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, Number 2 is supposed to outright ban any images related to life at all. Islam follows that one, but most Christians don't because the Pope decided he could overrule direct orders from his God.

Also you have to subtract and add equally Bauglir.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, can not subtract from one side only. You will end up with something like Peace= Peace -devil.

Not true.

Ninja'd

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:30:55 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, I see. That one would be more clear if you left it as a little functiony thing in parentheses, but with that the math checks out.

Actually, the end statement is Force over Others is equal to Peace. I'm not sure whether to take that as Power or as Fear.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah. I thought of that, but really I don't think that Crusade=God+War.

Since the Crusades were more econmoiclly driven.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

And now anyone seeking slippery lesbians will instead find mathematics, I hope you're all proud.
*Hugs*

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:30:33 pm by Bauglir »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

I just looked it up, I can't remember them off hand.  I did notice some of them were a little odd compared to what I remember, commandment 2 implies mandates no statues or pictures or anything.
Fixed.  I mean, when Moses got back, a bunch of people had to be killed for worshipping calf statues.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Plenty of times. You've never seen a cross that includes Jesus? They can be quite graphic, actually. That doesn't even touch on all the other religions with statues.

Not god.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I just looked it up, I can't remember them off hand.  I did notice some of them were a little odd compared to what I remember, commandment 2 implies mandates no statues or pictures or anything.
Fixed.  I mean, when Moses got back, a bunch of people had to be killed for worshipping calf statues.
God must have been getting close to FPS death.

Not god.
All the times I've been quite explicity told that Jesus was 100% Human and 100% God were just plain wrong, then? Eh, I don't really want to argue about this, though.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not god.

I think the Pope would like to have words with you.  I'm pretty sure every part of the Trinity is God.  The Son, Jesus, is part of the Trinity, thus God.  But maybe I'm wrong.  Any Catholics care to confirm/deny?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8