Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Teenage lesbians banned from dancing, accused of lubing up the slippery slope  (Read 7664 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or are you in one of those wacky highly progessive catholic schools, Jack? Maybe I'd old fashioned, but I'm glad to see they didn't get the switch.

Well, an overwhelming percent of the staff aren't particularly religious, nor have I ever seen religion really being spoken about outside of class. There are, as I said, certain staff members who try and scare people straight but they're the minority, thankfully.

It's a pretty great school actually. Teaches evolution. Not extensively, but I don't really know about the VCE level biology classes, so presumably they do teach it extensively there, considering VCE's are, to my knowledge, standardized.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 05:07:18 am by Jackrabbit »

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile

I still don't know how I manage to garner so much respect from people I'm near certain I annoy.
But all the same, I really appreciate it, Nikov. Thanks.

Its mostly your smiling avatar and the pleasant way we banter a little bit. Also you don't jump down my throat on things, and generally we can talk about things without getting judgemental.

Alternately G-Flex, you could assume people never change, in which case there is no damned reason to talk to me.. I thought the point of a marketplace of ideas was so you could believe what you thought was best, another could believe what they thought was best, and you can both try to sell eachother bits of one idea for another and further the evolution of human understanding. But I guess if people are just rutted into a political orientation, there's no purpose to discourse and everything should just be a power grab and gotchaisms. Indeed, if people cannot change their mind and it is improper to even attempt to persuade them, I see a society of complete intolerance to anyone suffering the mental sickness of an unconventional opinion. And after all, if you can't change someone's political opinion, why talk to them? And if they're just in the way, why let them vote?

Forsaken, that is a terribly sexist point of view and I wish Vector were here to chastise you thoroughly, thus enlightening you to the error of your ways and improving yourself as a person. However that would be detrimental to Jackrabbit's discussion of an unrelated subject, so I must abide your difference of opinion. Slippery heterosexual women in the privacy of their own home and with their husbands would be fine, however. In fact I would be happy to expound the virtues of such arrangements at a later point in time, rather than get all pissy like G-Flex does and say you're no better than a sexist racist Celtophobe while insisting its a black and white issue that you either agree with him on or are an utterly irredeemable waste of trace minerals.

Seriously G-Flex, don't tell me how to conduct my friendships. She knew exactly what I stood for, we discussed religion and social issues every day, and to hear you say I'm some sort of bigot for tolerating someone who practically embodied everything I disagreed with because she was my friend is the most disgusting manner of hypocrisy I've ever encountered.

And with that I am derailing into a personal spat with my old aquaintence G-Flex, so good night.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Forsaken, that is a terribly sexist point of view and I wish Vector were here to chastise you thoroughly, thus enlightening you to the error of your ways and improving yourself as a person. However that would be detrimental to Jackrabbit's discussion of an unrelated subject, so I must abide your difference of opinion. Slippery heterosexual women in the privacy of their own home and with their husbands would be fine, however.
I don't really understand how saying lesbians have the right to be lesbians even in public or while slippery at a water park is sexist.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

Persumibly becouse you didn't say homosexual men have the same right, as such in the eyes of some people, mostly those who are oversenseitive to such things but there are exceptions, you where 'turning women into a sexual object' or something similer. Though the way I see it, it's in human nature to turn the sex you are attracted to(opposite, same, or both) into a sexual object to some degree.

On Topic: I say someone should try and get rid of whoever made this idiot decision, let kids take eachother to the dance, it's not a big deal.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nikov called somebody else sexist.

Best thread of the night.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Persumibly becouse you didn't say homosexual men have the same right, as such in the eyes of some people, mostly those who are oversenseitive to such things but there are exceptions, you where 'turning women into a sexual object' or something similer. Though the way I see it, it's in human nature to turn the sex you are attracted to(opposite, same, or both) into a sexual object to some degree.

On Topic: I say someone should try and get rid of whoever made this idiot decision, let kids take eachother to the dance, it's not a big deal.
Ah right.

Okay, everyone has the right to be whatever their sex or sexual orientation or religion or other personal ideal in public, so long as it breaks no law and infringes nobody else's rights.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

Better make that no just law applicable to the public they are being slippery or non-slippery in (according to their wish).
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

It's a pretty great school actually. Teaches evolution.
Catholics are actually rather progressive when it comes to science. They want good science, or so says my old philosophy professor that fought tooth and nail the idea that the Catholic Church was against science that opposes their viewpoints. I would imagine they wouldn't have any issues with teaching Evolution.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

Better make that no just law applicable to the public they are being slippery or non-slippery in (according to their wish).
Okay let's simplify it.

People can do shit so long as it's not illegal.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile

It's a pretty great school actually. Teaches evolution.
Catholics are actually rather progressive when it comes to science. They want good science, or so says my old philosophy professor that fought tooth and nail the idea that the Catholic Church was against science that opposes their viewpoints. I would imagine they wouldn't have any issues with teaching Evolution.
I gotta mention something here about this that confuses the hell out of me. People used to yell and scream and fight over Evoluton Vs. Yahwe, and even to a lesser extent still do right? Now the way I understood it was that the Idea of Intelligent Design was meant to be a compromise between the two, Yahwe guided evolution. But for somereason I keep hearing 'Intelligent Design' used as just another way of saying 'Yahwe made us, no such thing as evolution'. Does anyone know why, or did I get confused somewhere along the line?
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

Okay let's simplify it.

But some illegal shit is so fun!!
*Hugs*

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay let's simplify it.

Problem is, some things shouldn't be illegal.
Also, just found out from a friend that she has an article in which my school went on record saying it would be 'inappropriate' for guys to bring their boyfriends to any formal.

Just Goddamn it.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

Also, just found out from a friend that she has an article in which my school went on record saying it would be 'inappropriate' for guys to bring their boyfriends to any formal.

Just Goddamn it.

No offense, but your school really seems to suck...
*Hugs*

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

Clearly, the answer is to find another male couple, and bring the other guy's boyfriend instead, and switch once you get there! Foolproof!
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just Goddamn it.

No offense, but your school really seems to suck...

Only in very specific ways.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8