Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Teenage lesbians banned from dancing, accused of lubing up the slippery slope  (Read 7679 times)

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile

You've never heard of the universal declaration of human right?
You're kidding ?
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, Goddamn it, I am seriously putting my foot down here. Start a new thread, it'll probably be a valid and interesting discussion or something.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you allowed to attend said dance stag? Couldn't you show up alone and just sort of...hook up? I guess that's just sort of a loophole around a situation that shouldn't need skirting at all though. I am again so happy I grew up in Liberalprogressiville.

I'm sorry, you have to change the title. This is terrible, but all I can think about are slippery teenage lesbians now.

Also, it occurs to me they are not technically banned from dancing, just from dancing at a specific place and time.

Double also Nikov, not to feed the troll but: if I understand you correctly, that could be otherwise interpreted. It doesn't say "A man and a woman", it doesn't necessarily imply "with each other", and as Jack said that isn't the topic at hand I'm shutting up now.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you allowed to attend said dance stag? Couldn't you show up alone and just sort of...hook up? I guess that's just sort of a loophole around a situation that shouldn't need skirting at all though.
You mean me, personally? It's over now, they couldn't go. I don't really understand your question though, because there's hook up, Melbournian slang and then there's hook up, rest-of-the-world slang. One means to make out and the other means to get together with someone. I fail to see how going to this thing and doing either would really help the situation. Nor, indeed, could the girls do it since they'd get kicked out the moment they were seen in the same room together.

The girls are almost certainly who you're referring to now I think about it.The image of me striding into the crowded room and making out with a dude is hilarious though, so thank you for that.
I'm sorry, you have to change the title. This is terrible, but all I can think about are slippery teenage lesbians now.

Also, it occurs to me they are not technically banned from dancing, just from dancing at a specific place and time.

The thread title catches peoples attention and thus has done its job well. It's not my fault you can't help but imagine teenager lesbians flying all over the place like soap on a slip'n'slide.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

The thread title catches peoples attention and thus has done its job well. It's not my fault you can't help but imagine teenager lesbians flying all over the place like soap on a slip'n'slide.
That isn't what I was imagining.

Phmcw

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn max 500 characters
    • View Profile

Can' the scholar be sued? That's pretty much what I'd do!
Quote from: toady

In bug news, the zombies in a necromancer's tower became suspicious after the necromancer failed to age and he fled into the hills.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile

I've the utmost respect for Jackrabbit and thus decline to refute you using all my powers of lawjitsu, Kinseti.

However I would like to say I've personally no problem with the conduct of the two young ladies in question and would certainly consider this a mark against the school board who voted for it come election day. If the board is barring them from attending on false grounds they are making an embarassment of the community. They should either stand for what they stand for or decline to act unless local opinion pressures them later. I'd understand if they wanted to maintain decorum or if it were very controversial in the community, but unless there would be this huge uproar during the promenade its just not worth making a fuss out of.

In other news, my wife visited our old high-school lesbian ultra-liberal friend. She is now married, pregnant, and talks favorably about Fox News. Also converted back to Christianity after a few years in Wicca. So yeah, I'm not too concerned about high schoolers doing outrageous things and it dooming civilization.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still don't know how I manage to garner so much respect from people I'm near certain I annoy.
But all the same, I really appreciate it, Nikov. Thanks.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In other news, my wife visited our old high-school lesbian ultra-liberal friend. She is now married, pregnant, and talks favorably about Fox News. Also converted back to Christianity after a few years in Wicca. So yeah, I'm not too concerned about high schoolers doing outrageous things and it dooming civilization.

The reason you're "not concerned" is because you think they'll "turn around" and switch sexual orientations, religions, and political orientation to match your own, and that's kind of infuriating. Especially the "sexual orientation" part.

Nikov talks about voting out the school board, but this is an issue of civil rights. I've heard of this happening in public schools before, and to me, it's honestly not a hell of a lot better than banning blacks, or women, or the Irish. It's useless discrimination against a group of people who have, quite frankly, no reason to be discriminated against.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

this is an issue of civil rights. I've heard of this happening in public schools before, and to me, it's honestly not a hell of a lot better than banning blacks, or women, or the Irish. It's useless discrimination against a group of people who have, quite frankly, no reason to be discriminated against.
I couldn't agree more.

Slippery lesbians have every right to be slippery lesbians in public.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Goddamn it, you and your waterpark fetish.

Although, for the record, I've only directly heard of this happening in two schools, mine and this one, both private, Catholic schools. That's not to say it doesn't happen in public schools, just that I don't know that it does and thus can't comment on it.

What I find really funny is the near complete tolerance and respect towards the LGBT community in the Year 11 and 12 levels here. It's really quite heartwarming. And what I find even funnier is my friend in a public school finds that there's definitely an atmosphere of homophobia at his school, one he's part of, unfortunately.

We're not co-ed, either, whilst his is, which just makes the whole thing funnier. Or more suspicious, I dunno.

hexedmagica

• Bay Watcher
  • This headless lover of three
    • View Profile

I actually read about this earlier today. I really don't get why this is happening, when I've seen people from my school go to their formal with a person of the same sex. Even though I go to a Catholic school as well. Strange that there's such a difference even in the same country.
They started to collide~

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

I go to a public school and, whilst much of the population need a good proper smack upside the head, there isn't an active aura of homophobia. Then again, there are precious few people who have actually come out, so maybe there's one there and I just haven't got the gaydar necessary to detect it.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You mean me, personally? It's over now, they couldn't go.
The girls are almost certainly who you're referring to now I think about it.

Yeah, when I said "could you" I suppose I meant "could one", although I always feel pretentious using "one" like that. Also, "hook up" has an incredibly broad number of meanings and in this sense I just meant doing any date-related activities, whatever that may entail. I'm just saying they could try the ol' "OK fine, we won't go together, but I still want to go to the dance" routine, and once there essentially be each others dates. Which is a horrible patchwork solution to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place, but whatever, I'm all about working around rules. It's just pretty foreign to me, some girls took each other to my Grad dance, nobody raised a fuss. None of the guys (even the openly gay ones) took each other as dates, but still...progress. And while I'm completely against the practice, I'm also totally not shocked to see it taking place in private catholic schools. Or are you in one of those wacky highly progessive catholic schools, Jack? Maybe I'd old fashioned, but I'm glad to see they didn't get the switch.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

Kinseti: The problem is only one of the girls was Year 11; the other one wasn't allowed to go that year.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8