Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Teenage lesbians banned from dancing, accused of lubing up the slippery slope  (Read 7655 times)

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile

God dammit why does everyone hate so.
Because our biology and therefore basic psychology doesn't change as quickly as our technology.  We can communicate with nearly everyone in the world now, but we still treat those different from us as other tribes, and therefore don't grant them the protection of our own tribe's morals.  This is why the First Commandment is, in practice, "Thou shalt not kill unless thou art killing cultural or geographical foreigners".  Same reason why we have weapons now that can destroy us at the same time it destroys the people we're using them against, but we still pretty much treat them as really big sticks.

One good way to counteract this is to put as many different "tribes" together as possible so they begin to see themselves as one.  Or you can give them a common enemy.  Historically this has usually been other tribes, but I'm hoping that eventually more realize that the universe is a much more worthwhile enemy.  The universe is incredibly hostile to life, and even on the tiny, insignificantly rare planets that support it, no living thing is ever not at risk of dying in the next few minutes.  Ever.  That's what we should be struggling against.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

edit: Also, great thread title. No way people aren't reading THIS thread. Ever considered a career in advertising, or news, for that matter?

Yes, actually.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, the story has hit a few of the national news outlets (at least the Morning Show, which has been plugging the story on Sunrise all morning, looks like it's one of their 'big' pieces of the morning). Today'll be interesting.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp, the story has hit a few of the national news outlets (at least the Morning Show, which has been plugging the story on Sunrise all morning, looks like it's one of their 'big' pieces of the morning). Today'll be interesting.

One of the best things that could happen:  Bad publicity and lots of it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

Okay, everyone has the right to be whatever their sex or sexual orientation or religion or other personal ideal in public, so long as it breaks no law and infringes nobody else's rights.
Arent there still countries in which it is "illegal" to be homosexual? At least there are countries in which these laws have been changed only recently.
It's about half of countries with laws on it, actually. Scroll down for a key.

Most death-penalty-for-homosexuality having countries have "downgraded" from draging you out into a public square and beating you untill you die to letting you rot in a prison full of psychopaths untill you die of somthing else, but that isn't exactly the best step.

And then there's Uganda. Oh dear lord, Uganda. There was a bill to move homosexuality into the death penalty a year ago, but it failed. However, it failed just barely, and now stuff like this happens.

I know who I blame for the sickining attitude towards homosexuality in most of Africa, but I don't want to start a flame war, so I'll keep that opinion to myself.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile

After spending most of today in a introspective, nihilistic coma (Thank you So Much for telling me to read books about Black/White relations in the sixties Mr English Teacher) i have come to the conclusion that people hate because they are people.

Well, off to the optimistic Sci Fi to make the stupid go awa-

8Teacher hands me Malcolm X's auto biography*

Son Of a Bitch
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is why the First Commandment is, in practice, "Thou shalt not kill unless thou art killing cultural or geographical foreigners".

I had no idea you can turn "I am your god" into "Do not kill."

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jack, do not lose hope for the world. I go to a Catholic private school. We had 17 homosexual couples show up and be admitted and all was chill. Hell, I'm an atheist and my friend is Jewish, and the Korean exchange students are a mixture of Buddhist and another religion (that I frankly cannot pronounce and did not learn how to spell) and yet the school does not burn us for witchery.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

Okay, everyone has the right to be whatever their sex or sexual orientation or religion or other personal ideal in public, so long as it breaks no law and infringes nobody else's rights.
Arent there still countries in which it is "illegal" to be homosexual? At least there are countries in which these laws have been changed only recently.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:27:55 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nah, even a person can suck pretty hard. Everyone wants to be taught and told, few wish to learn and analyze. 
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:28:02 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile

This is why the First Commandment is, in practice, "Thou shalt not kill unless thou art killing cultural or geographical foreigners".

I had no idea you can turn "I am your god" into "Do not kill."

Well... Let's see.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So it's clearly self-defense.

In seriousness, people suck. A person can be pretty awesome.

I believe he was meaning that the 1st commandment is not "Do not kill."  That's the sixth commandment.

Shoes...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:28:23 pm by Bauglir »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is funny how one can tell what sect you are from the way you layed thoughs out. Or at least what Sect it is you got them from.

I give fair odds 'thul is Orthodox from that.

Also that proves nothing because it has no proof that I am your God = Do not kill.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8