Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: baa baa black sheep  (Read 4186 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: The Death of Antibiotics
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2010, 12:37:30 am »

Love knows no age group.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2010, 12:39:02 am »

I wish I had six fingers.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2010, 12:45:15 am »

Oh, that's right. Most of you guys are in high school, the years of crazy ideas and lustful gazing at appliances.

*shudder*
I'm 28, in college, and make six figures.

Age/education is no indicator of sense of humor.
Doing what, if I may ask? (Great for you, in this economy)
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2010, 12:49:08 am »

And current age and education has nothing to do with the past.

Besides, we ran a damned poll on this.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2010, 01:30:38 am »

This is a google search for relevant articles. While there is some correlation, I've not seen any that paint it as a public health risk in the making. They do highlight that it should be kept an eye on, though
http://scholar.google.es/scholar?start=10&q=triclosan+resistance&hl=es&as_sdt=2000&as_ylo=2003&as_vis=1

Even if the risk is small or questionable, there have also been studies showing that there's essentially no reason at all to even use the stuff, in which case we're still better off not doing so.

I mean for cases such as household soaps and the like, of course.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2010, 03:17:44 am »

Oh, that's right. Most of you guys are in high school, the years of crazy ideas and lustful gazing at appliances.

*shudder*
I'm 28, in college, and make six figures.

Age/education is no indicator of sense of humor.
Doing what, if I may ask? (Great for you, in this economy)
IT consulting and helpdesk mostly

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2010, 03:28:03 am »

If that's not six figures counting the decimal point I am suddenly inclined to spout Leninist slogans.

In any case, I'm tarjrectorizing to do that job. You know, run the network, buy the company's hardware, play Oblivion all day while resetting passwords, good white collar air-conditioned shit.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2010, 03:35:46 am »

If that's not six figures counting the decimal point I am suddenly inclined to spout Leninist slogans.

In any case, I'm tarjrectorizing to do that job. You know, run the network, buy the company's hardware, play Oblivion all day while resetting passwords, good white collar air-conditioned shit.
There's good money in defense contracting. I happen to be uniquely qualified for most of them after my 8 in the air force.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2010, 03:37:47 am »

There's good money in defense contracting. I happen to be uniquely qualified for most of them after my 8 in the air force.
Have you ever put in a bid for a defense contract?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2010, 03:38:50 am »

Not personally no. Why do you ask?

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2010, 03:44:48 am »

Not personally no. Why do you ask?

So you've never put in a bid for a defense contract, yet you are working on defense contracts.

YOU ARE A GREEDY MEMBER OF THE MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX TAKING NO-BID CONTRACTS!

[/CBSnews]

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2010, 03:45:39 am »

No... the company I work for puts the bids in.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2010, 04:23:59 am »

Nikov, play dumb so that he can take a blind politically-minded swipe out of nowhere that isn't even relevant? Why would he do that? I'm going to pretend this never happened!!
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2010, 04:32:27 am »

Defense contractor accused of accepting no-bid contracts denies wrongdoing, insists the "company" handles government connections. But what do ordinary Americans think? Joining us tonight is Arianna Huffington for her objective analysis of corruption between the Pentagon and business interests.

(G-Flex, its a joke)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2010, 04:34:14 am »

Yes, I get that you're joking, but your style of "joking" means making comments and playing dumb specifically in a way that sets you up to make some kind of obnoxious, politically-loaded "joke" as a cheap jab at the expense of something completely irrelevant.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6