Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Plan: How to Train your Dragon  (Read 499 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Plan: How to Train your Dragon
« on: November 09, 2010, 06:05:09 pm »

A while back, I got the idea to make a How to Train your Dragon mod.
Of course this requires a few things I don't know. I'd appreciate it if some people answered these things. Please?

1.) Names. I remember the Night Fury (duh), the Monstrous Nightmare, the Hideous Zippleback, and the Gronkle, but I forget the other dragons' names.
2.) Is there any way to have one of the Zippleback's heads breathe a cloud of flammable gas, and the other ignite it?
3.) How could I get that blue dragon to fire spines? I remember it doing that at one point.
4.) What sizes would the dragons be? I don't think anyone dumped Toothless into a tub of water to measure his volume.
5.) Is there anything else you think a modder should know before taking this project on, especially seeing as I'm a new modder?

Questions having to do with movie spoilers:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I get these mods done, I promise I'll post them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gilberreke

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Plan: How to Train your Dragon
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 08:03:08 pm »

http://howtotrainyourdragon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Movie_Dragons

There's a nice wiki on Wikia, but but it's mostly about the books. This page gives you the movie dragons.

It's been a while since I modded DF, so I can't really help with the other things.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
Re: Plan: How to Train your Dragon
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 08:20:53 pm »

Pssst. -points down at sig-  :P

Of course, you're welcome to make your own, even examine my dragons as a base.  Their breath attacks are still wonky, but get the job done in various ways.