Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf king of the elves, stories  (Read 3727 times)

Bromosapian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarf king of the elves, stories
« on: November 09, 2010, 04:18:51 pm »

I've always wanted to see this happen.  I mean, dwarves are inherently superior to elves, so its only a matter of time before they choose a dwarf to lead them. 

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf king of the elves, stories
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 04:22:53 pm »

I've always wanted to see this happen.  I mean, dwarves are inherently superior to elves, so its only a matter of time before they choose a dwarf to lead them.

I don't think you understand.  An elf could become king of the dwarves because when dwarves conquer elves, the result is conquest; a new governor is installed, and the populace learns to live under dwarvern law.  All sentient creatures who live under dwarvern law are seen as equal by dwarvern law, be they dwarf, human, elf, or goblin.
A Dwarf cannot become king of the elves, because when elves conquer dwarves, IIRC, the result is genocide.  Mountain halls are razed to the ground, and every man, woman, and child within flees into the wilds or is butchered and devoured.
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 04:23:55 pm »

I don't think you understand.  An elf could become king of the dwarves because when dwarves conquer elves, the result is conquest; a new governor is installed, and the populace learns to live under dwarvern law.  All sentient creatures who live under dwarvern law are seen as equal by dwarvern law, be they dwarf, human, elf, or goblin.
A Dwarf cannot become king of the elves, because when elves conquer dwarves, the result is genocide.

The DF forums in a nutshell, this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 04:36:57 pm »

A Dwarf cannot become king of the elves, because when elves conquer dwarves, the result is genocide.

Throw in a little extraction of merperson bones, a crazy !!dwarf!!, and weirdness caused by modding, and yes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 04:42:28 pm »

Throw in a little extraction of merperson bones, a crazy !!dwarf!!, and weirdness caused by modding, and yes.

Add all the weirdness not caused by modding, !!science!! and !!dwarven physics!! too.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 04:43:51 pm »

How could you forget the computer-fortresses megaprojects and silly artifacts, seriously?
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 04:47:07 pm »

And the blessings of Armok!

By the way, here on Bay12 forums, we can derail any topic into a discussion of any other topic. Saying that like so many did before me.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 06:20:58 pm »

A Dwarf cannot become king of the elves, because when elves conquer dwarves, IIRC, the result is genocide.  Mountain halls are razed to the ground, and every man, woman, and child within flees into the wilds or is butchered and devoured.

Thank god they can't conquer anything with wooden weapons and armour!

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 06:23:50 pm »

Thank god they can't conquer anything with wooden weapons and armour!
They actually can if they live long enough in world gen.  Even steel legendary wielding dwarves who can block every arrow shot at them die of old age eventually...
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

mrtspence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 06:40:06 pm »

They actually can if they live long enough in world gen.  Even steel legendary wielding dwarves who can block every arrow shot at them die of old age eventually...

Hmmm.... Good point.

It would seem our only solution is to kill all the elves before we die of old age!

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 07:23:26 pm »

And people wonder why most of us hate Elves.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 10:35:46 pm »

Would razing a mountain hall 'to the ground' mean filling in the hole?
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 11:29:26 pm »

...that was a terrible choice of words, wasn't it?
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

CinnibarMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 12:28:42 am »

They do us one worse. They plant TREES in the hole.
Burning and raping the land is recreational. Where business is concerned, though, sustainability is the name of the game.

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 08:58:20 am »

Considering they have armour and weapons made of wood , I think pretty much in any war they would lose. The world i just genned had human forest homes or whatever they call their little villages. Apparently the humans took them on in a war of conquest.
Pages: [1] 2