Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My dragon civ isn't generating!  (Read 1100 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
My dragon civ isn't generating!
« on: November 09, 2010, 03:50:47 pm »

I modded in a dragon civilization, and when I created a new world, it didn't appear.  Do I need to remove the [MEGABEAST] tag from dragons first?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: My dragon civ isn't generating!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 04:11:04 pm »

If you want dragons to make a civilization, you'll probably have to make a lot of changes to them.  Remove megabeast tags, then add tags to make them speak and able to learn, equip and open doors, as well as tags for them to have children.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 04:14:50 pm »

If you want dragons to make a civilization, you'll probably have to make a lot of changes to them.  Remove megabeast tags, then add tags to make them speak and able to learn, equip and open doors, as well as tags for them to have children.

Equipping and door-opening shouldn't affect whether they generate or not, and I don't think CAN_SPEAK and CAN_LEARN do either.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 06:45:58 pm »

you know, you should release this mod, just for laughs.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 06:53:35 pm »

Equipping and door-opening shouldn't affect whether they generate or not, and I don't think CAN_SPEAK and CAN_LEARN do either.

True, but these are changes that should be made if he wants a working civilization.  To get them to appear at all, start with removing megabeast and adding child tags.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 01:58:27 am »

I had similar problem when I was modding in my self-tailored troll civilization, and entered a wrong kind of biome as the civ's liked area. Maybe it has something to do with that?
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

Protomith

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_GEEK] [WEAPON:DICE] [PREFSTRING:intelligence]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 09:34:28 pm »

I'm having a problem getting my Catperson civ to generate, too.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 09:38:23 pm »

I'm having a problem getting my Boogieman civ to generate, too.