Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spoiler-y modding  (Read 781 times)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Spoiler-y modding
« on: November 09, 2010, 03:18:47 am »

So I added a stone layer called "clown", initially for the sake of having entries such as "clown door", "clown staircase", etc.
Breach HFS:
"Clown Demon"
I bet many people have done this already, but still, I find it hilarious.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: Spoiler-y modding
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 03:26:09 am »

So I added a stone layer called "clown", initially for the sake of having entries such as "clown door", "clown staircase", etc.
Breach HFS:
"Clown Demon"
I bet many people have done this already, but still, I find it hilarious.
Oh my when we get target strikes remember to hit it in the "dead lights" and rip's it heart out.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 04:21:43 pm »

So THAT'S what clowns are...I thought they were, but wasn't aware that people had stopped calling them HFS.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 06:23:25 pm »

People still call them HFS. There was a random clown-related incident a while back and people started also referring to anything HFS-related as "clown," though.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 06:25:17 pm »

Clowns, circus, and the like are all HFS related. As is cotton candy.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 09:00:41 pm »

It's just one of those things that happened long ago in the days of yore (~4-5 years ago) that has left a lasting impact on the community.

Take the name Urist, it came from a story of a (female!) hermit challange back in the old 2D version.  Look up "One Dwarf Against the World"; it's an interesting read, if only for historical value. (Personally, I thought it was nothing special -aside from the fact it's the oldest surviving peice of DF literature I could find, possibly including Boatmurdered.)

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 10:42:49 pm »

It's just one of those things that happened long ago in the days of yore (~4-5 years ago) that has left a lasting impact on the community.

Take the name Urist, it came from a story of a (female!) hermit challange back in the old 2D version.  Look up "One Dwarf Against the World"; it's an interesting read, if only for historical value. (Personally, I thought it was nothing special -aside from the fact it's the oldest surviving peice of DF literature I could find, possibly including Boatmurdered.)

My mind conjured up great images of body filled prisons, cold, hungry, huddled dwarves with a group of skelephants across the river, a mad dwarf dreaming of gold and thrones.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 12:26:17 am »

Pretty sure the clown theme started a lot more recently than that. Sometime while 31.01 was being developed.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.