Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blatant recruitment thread (for a PBBoG)  (Read 1597 times)

HastyLumbago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Blatant recruitment thread (for a PBBoG)
« on: November 08, 2010, 07:04:59 pm »

OK, so about a year ago, I started playing an anime-themed browser game called "Billy Vs SNAKEMAN." It's a pretty fun little game, and has a learning curve that at times, is not unlike that of Dwarf Fortress. So when it came time to start up a recruitment drive, so I could experience the village leadership portion of the game, I thought to myself that if I was going to find players willing to put up with the initial "What the hell is this that I am doing?" phase, the best place to look was the bay12games forum.

Now, I have played a metric ass-ton of browser games in the past few years. Most of them are pretty much one of about four games, with different themes. Billy is different. Very different. As you play, it opens up like a deep-fried onion blossom, revealing more and more crunchy layers of delicious golden-battered crispy gameplay. even the initial lumps of gameplay are unique to the browser-game scene, as far as I know.

So here's what I want from you. Sign up via the link In my Signature. When it comes time for you to join a village, apply to Nist Akath Village, the Village hidden in the Ice. We're very, very small at the moment, as I've only created it a couple of minutes ago, but over the coming weeks, I guarantee that we will grow and develop. If you have any questions, I can answer them either in the village chat, or in this thread.

In addition, the wiki for BvS is pretty badly organized, in time, if enough folks from here are going to join, then I'd like to organize a second wiki, with all the organizational power of those folks who can manage a fortress full of manic depressive alcoholics.

Here are some of the things Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN features, just to, you know, entice you a little, maybe.

* Extensive and varied PvP options!
* Better than a year's worth of perpetually unlocking content!
* An Ally and Team system which includes special bonuses for bringing certain teams of allies with you!
* A whole bunch of minigames, including mahjong, slot machines, skiball, and more!
* A strange obsession with the number 11!
* A weekly in-game attendable convention!
* Real-life prize drawings for donators held on the 11th of each month! (this month, because it's 11/11, includes $1100 in prizes!)
* Holiday events out the wazoo! (Seriously, there's an event for CAPSLOCK DAY)
* Enough other stuffs that I seriously had to remind myself to stop before this turned into a danged novel!

And yeah, it's anime themed, so if you're not a little familiar with some anime, you might not enjoy it as much. That said? I'm not really into anime that much, and I love it. So seriously, give it a shot!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! And Join Nist Akath Village! We Need Dorfs!

OperatorPants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blatant recruitment thread (for a PBBoG)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 07:53:37 pm »

Link?

Edit : I dun goof'd
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:54:09 pm by OperatorPants »

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 08:17:42 pm »

Looks interesting, gonna try it.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 08:51:49 pm »

Checking it out based soley on the deep-fried onion metaphor. :P

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 09:59:11 pm »

I think I have tried this before...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

HastyLumbago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 11:23:37 pm »

First off, thanks to anyone who's joined so far. Secondly, If anyone joins and wants me to return the favor and try out some sort of referral to another browser-based game (especially if it's unique like Bvs, or KoL is), I'll be more than happy to try out whatever, for at least a week or so.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! And Join Nist Akath Village! We Need Dorfs!

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 01:56:57 am »

Signing up.

I challenge you to play Armageddon Mud.

Note: I highly recommend you read a chunk of the documentation first.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

HastyLumbago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 02:38:37 am »

Signing up.

Whoa, a MUD? They still make those? I'm just kidding. I love MUDs. Can't say I've ever tried Armageddon, though. I'll totally give it a shot.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 02:58:01 am »

Signing up.

Remember trying that. Got a bit lost with it all. To much stuff going on... So HellMOO and its semi-horrible community work well for me.

BACK on the train tracks, i'm gona check it out riiiiight now.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 06:14:44 am »

Signing up.

Whoa, a MUD? They still make those? I'm just kidding. I love MUDs. Can't say I've ever tried Armageddon, though. I'll totally give it a shot.

It's a little different to your average mud...
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

HastyLumbago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 02:18:38 pm »

Soo, anyone have any questions about anything? we CAN use the Village chat, but this feels more solid to me.

HastyLumbago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2011, 06:15:14 pm »

BAM! Behold my necromancy!

Just a bit of an update. Some folks came and left because a lot of the game features weren't unlocked yet. We now have Zombjas (A strategic coop zombie lane defense game), Kaiju (giant monsters what attack the town on a semi regular basis, and leave behind cool items) and a bunch of other cool stuffs.

Next Zombja map is starting in about a week, so if you were looking forward to that, get in before it starts!

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2011, 06:22:23 pm »

I would try it out except for the fact that i dislike browser games and anything having to do with anime art/plots etc.

NO, i have nothing constructive to offer except bumping it up for you.
I got nothing