Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32

Author Topic: Roll to Strike the Earth!  (Read 32995 times)

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Strike the Earth! Migrants Welcome!
« Reply #195 on: December 16, 2010, 12:49:51 pm »

I claim a small corner of the stone floor-ed area as a hospital zone, drag my chair down (or did I not make one? in which case, rock throne first), and make a rock table as well, drag that down to the 'hospital'. I order the construction of some beds, tables, and thrones, then update stocks. Also, USE SOAP if it is necessary.

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 16, 2010, 01:13:18 pm »

Go back to the wolf processing. Bloody vermin what use other than butchering are these cats good for damn it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 01:15:41 pm by Sneevil »

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 16, 2010, 05:51:08 pm »

Hunt Vermin using the BACK of his crossbow(No bolts)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 16, 2010, 06:20:23 pm »

Continue with the Construction
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Shadowfury333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 16, 2010, 06:25:35 pm »

Okay, I've finally gotten the wiki to update. Let me know if Rodicurst would have put the chairs, beds, and tables there. If you want to put more in, feel free to edit the wiki or let me know, but I would like as many people as possible knowing how to edit the wiki tiles. Same goes for the construction of the walls. I just put them in nearest to the ramps first.

Also, the first set of full bedrooms will be dug out sunday evening.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:30:43 pm by Shadowfury333 »
Currently Building: Purplesaber (pit mine/anthill/80 z-level wound in the earth)

Former Projects: Roughnesschants(multi-level aboveground city)

Best summary of Dwarf Fortress:
I'm fairly certain every path in the game leads to some sort of massive execution.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 17, 2010, 05:56:16 pm »

Attempt to build a statue of himself (Made of stone, no bars) So that all the world may know of his glory.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #201 on: December 18, 2010, 07:04:18 am »

I guess I could go try hunting.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 18, 2010, 02:25:51 pm »

Apologies for the sluggish update, 'tis the season and all.

STOCKS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ANIMALS

UNIT LIST

Population of Cloisteredtombs: 8 Players, 2 NPC

Looks like wolves explode into surprisingly homogeneous bits of meat and fat. The food/fat supply is barreled, the only thing at risk of being gnawed on by rats is the Raw Wolf Hide, at least until Sneevil makes another wolf corpse explode. Not that hordes of rats underfoot is a terribly pleasant thing.

Got a target, Dan, or should I rely on your (lack) of ranks in the hunting skills?

Oh my yes, I borked up the construction time. Any given dwarf can throw up TEN constructions in a given halfweek, which, given the 125 tiles to be built in the tower, means that it'll take 12.5 weeks for a single dwarf to complete. Not to mention, somebody needs to build some scaffolding on the outside to get up on the roof. This also means that our fearless leader got 10 bits of wall up- I have adjusted the wiki accordingly (gasp!)

Shadow, if you want to do exterior terrain go for it- its much easier for me to alter things to look right once they exist than it is for me to make them exist in the first place. You're an Expert Miner now, and dig at a rate of 18/halfweek, 36/week.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 18, 2010, 02:36:38 pm »

Help with the meat barrelling, and set up a 1x3 prickle berry farm to the west of the entrance.

Shadowfury333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 18, 2010, 03:52:57 pm »

Wouldn't 125 const./10 const./halfweek = 125 const./20 const./halfweek = 6.75 weeks?

Also, I'm going to assume I became expert during the halfweek and that I get 3 more tiles to dig. I guess I'll also update the wall being built.

EDIT: Looks like I don't have to update the wall being built. Thanks, whoever did that (they don't have a wiki username)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 04:08:24 pm by Shadowfury333 »
Currently Building: Purplesaber (pit mine/anthill/80 z-level wound in the earth)

I'm fairly certain every path in the game leads to some sort of massive execution.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 18, 2010, 04:07:42 pm »

Wouldn't 125 const./10 const./halfweek = 125 const./20 const./halfweek = 6.75 weeks?

Also, I'm going to assume I became expert during the halfweek and that I get 3 more tiles to dig. I guess I'll also update the wall being built.

><

Ok lets try this again. 10 constructions every half week, 20 every week. 125 to place. 125/20= 6.25 weeks, 12.5 phases. On the plus side, the actual time estimate is not terribly important- getting the constructions/phase part of it is. But anyway, take the extra tiles for your ding.

Shadowfury333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 18, 2010, 04:16:23 pm »

Okay, I've added my digging. I'm curious who added the constructions, though. Was that Frelock or Monk?

EDIT: I've added the outdoor workshops, though the wagon isn't on there, since the cliff is 30 someodd tiles away apparently, and I don't see the point of sticking all that space in just yet. Just as a note, the two identical workshops to the right of the entrance are the wood furnace and the smelter, the wood furnace is on top.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 10:35:23 pm by Shadowfury333 »

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #207 on: December 19, 2010, 05:02:44 pm »

No target, I'm just thinking go out and slaughter wild animals hunting, as opposed to sneaky sneaky trap hunting.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Shadowfury333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 19, 2010, 05:07:26 pm »

You could always slaughter the rats. Anyway, it will provide some food, so long as we have ketchup.

Also, I'm going to be out tonight, so I'll just update my digging now. We have bedroom spaces.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:44:24 pm by Shadowfury333 »

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 19, 2010, 06:07:19 pm »

We could do with less Rats, Plus its a little bit of food.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 32