A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142501 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent
« Reply #3690 on: February 02, 2011, 08:26:04 am »

Level 0
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Level1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: February 02, 2011, 09:12:59 am »

I changed my mind later and wanted the support moved but other than that it looks good, I'll begin working on my plans for getting to the ore without making the fortress look like shit as soon as I can.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: February 02, 2011, 12:10:14 pm »

New plan: I'll build the new temporary wall just outside of the footprint for the planned real wall. The makeshift wall can be removed at a later date.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: February 02, 2011, 02:46:00 pm »

.... just improve the makeshift wall, we're not going to start work on the other wall for a long time.  Seriously.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: February 02, 2011, 06:47:14 pm »

It's not "just improving" the makeshift wall; we'd have to tear it down completely to build the new wall. As I expect it to take at least a month (This is after I have a team of masons and sufficient stone), quite probably more, to get the permanent up to the point where it's better then the wall I'm building now, I feel it would be best to have a basic wall outside the construction zone.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: February 02, 2011, 09:25:09 pm »

Question: Do the stairs go up from the south, or up from the north?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: February 02, 2011, 09:45:22 pm »

I believe north is up, as far as the lower stairs are concerned. The dark parts are where it leads, the light where it starts.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: February 02, 2011, 10:33:16 pm »

((... once you have a team of masons, you can tear down the current wall in a day, tops.  Please just work with it for now.))

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: February 03, 2011, 02:58:23 am »

Oh, wait. Nirur, I guess I can help with the wall but first you have to tell me about the golem shard... remember?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: February 03, 2011, 03:21:13 pm »

Oh, wait. Nirur, I guess I can help with the wall but first you have to tell me about the golem shard... remember?
Man, you are up to all kinds of hidden deeds.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: February 03, 2011, 03:29:30 pm »

Oh please, The death happy funtime portal and making examining a golem with wanting to know both human and elven while also going into the forest. That isn't anything!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: February 03, 2011, 05:03:08 pm »

Terribly sorry, but I don't remember what you're talking about.

((I just realized that me being a metalsmith (I think) and mechanic makes me the best at building golems. Of course, I'd still need a priest, and several teams of weaponsmiths to build a proper golem. I suppose I could get by with a single weaponsmith if I was to be content with a mere "powerful" golem, though.

Shade-o: What skill would be used for smithing the armor on golems, armorsmithing or metalsmithing?))

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: February 03, 2011, 05:26:14 pm »

After some time spent planning, Norrec decides it it time to present her new mining plan.

While crude, it should allow us to get at the metal ore, while making everything look planned AND remaining defensible.  Norrec is quite pleased with herself, despite the crudeness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: February 03, 2011, 05:30:06 pm »

Slight addendum: I think it should look the same on each side of the staircase, even if the eastern part goes further north. So, there should be another pillar-thing rather than a straight slant.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: February 03, 2011, 05:36:41 pm »

Sounds good enough to me, not that much more ore to mine, I like the slant though, it'll allow for some cool room designs.
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249