A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142657 times)

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mess wi' meh booze n' die!"
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent
« Reply #3615 on: January 29, 2011, 06:33:43 pm »

"I'meh just th' 'executioner' fer punishments if you'll let meh y' gits, therefore I shoul' nae vote-twould' nae bae fair." Tor replies as he stays in the background.  He practices various motions.  ((*Hand chopping and trying to carve runes on a persons face w/ a 1h axe, probably be'd very messy.  XD*))

Anyway, updated personal Stockpile since we're talking about those.
-Knapsack (Given by camp, V I think. TYVM V.)
-20 Booze, dwarf beer (Will be 19 after I drop one off at the butcher for "payment.")
-Backpack (personal gear)
-Clothes X1 (personal gear, wearing rags is a in-game thing dwarves do anyway.  XP)
-1 h battleaxe, 1 h warhammer, 1 Tower Shield (Iron for all three I think, personal starting gear.).
-Pickaxe (Bronze(?), from stockpiles.)
-Fishing pole (From stockpiles)

-Kobold Skull
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!
Lemme, AXE you a question!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: January 29, 2011, 06:38:19 pm »

((You can't carry all that around, you haven't been chosen to deliver punishment, the voting will take place only among the three judges, and I doubt you need to pay the butcher, as we are all currently working for survival, not profit.  No, I didn't give you a Knapsack, maybe they're standard now I don't know.  Also, the pickax and fishing pole aren't personal gear unless you are either a. currently using them, b. steal them.))

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: January 29, 2011, 06:39:07 pm »

Kogan to testify that the work on his golem was done free of charge with no payment received of any kind."
"Yes, my work on the golem was done with no payment expected or received, only my hopes that the golem would be used to help ensure our continued survival."

"since the repair of the golem, the golem has done significant work for the betterment of the whole expedition,digging for example. i am glad it is in good shape, or Norrec might not be here today to grace us with his presence. Didnt he go down to the first volley of kobold arrows? i seem to remember the  golem rescuing him under fire, his strength enabled him to rescue norrec before the next volley of arrows even, if us dwarves had been first to norrecs aid, we would have many more dead or injured i'd wager, as we picked norrec up as a group and limped off with him while under constant arrow fire. If i had not been there to back norrec up, or if the golem had never been repaired, we would still be in mourning i think. I would like to think that kogan is very satisfied with his foresight, i cannot presume to speak for him, but i know i would be.

If the golem were not repaired, i would not have learned any swordsmanship, if i wasnt eager to test my skill on the kobolds i would not have gone into battle, if i had not backed up norrec, the rest of those that were present might have tried to slowly drag norrec away in a gurney or something worse, imagine if he were left behind, or if he had 3 wounded dwarves laid low by kobold arrows. I bet none of the other dwarves present would have left him behind to die. are the rest of those that were present even as well armoured as him?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 06:41:53 pm by Hastur »

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: January 29, 2011, 06:40:00 pm »

((You can't carry all that around, you haven't been chosen to deliver punishment, the voting will take place only among the three judges, and I doubt you need to pay the butcher, as we are all currently working for survival, not profit.  No, I didn't give you a Knapsack, maybe they're standard now I don't know.  Also, the pickax and fishing pole aren't personal gear unless you are either a. currently using them, b. steal them.))

((They're in my room.  XP  And yes, I use them, you said we had to go get our own food remember?  And mining is on my list of tasks.))
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: January 29, 2011, 06:42:37 pm »

((Decoration list updated. Boy, I hope you make copies of these things when we post them instead of going back ten pages to fish them out later. :-\))

((Also, if any NPCs/PCs I skipped want one, speak up.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: January 29, 2011, 06:43:42 pm »

(Booze and food is communal. Sooo... Unless you want to go out of your way to do something then...)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: January 29, 2011, 06:45:20 pm »

((Decoration list updated. Boy, I hope you make copies of these things when we post them instead of going back ten pages to fish them out later. :-\))

((Also, if any NPCs/PCs I skipped want one, speak up.))

((TY for decor, it's very nice.  XD))  BIC:  *While waitiing on trial, he goes pays off his debts, 1 booze barrel at this butcher and two more at the communal stockpile for pickaxe and fishing pole.*  ((Booze stockpile is now 17.))

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: January 29, 2011, 06:46:31 pm »

(Booze and food is communal. Sooo... Unless you want to go out of your way to do something then...)

((If you saw my original list, I brought those with me, therefore they are mine by default, I use them for barter/trade.  Ask the DM.))

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: January 29, 2011, 06:54:16 pm »

((..... Well then hot damn I own a tent, and furniture set that everybody's been using.  Pay up!  You see why we have agreed to have everything be communal for now?))

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: January 29, 2011, 07:01:26 pm »

Yeah I aslo want to make inventory changes. I want
One bag
One crosbow
One quiver of bolts
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: January 29, 2011, 07:04:30 pm »

Kogan to testify that the work on his golem was done free of charge with no payment received of any kind."
"Yes, my work on the golem was done with no payment expected or received, only my hopes that the golem would be used to help ensure our continued survival."

"since the repair of the golem, the golem has done significant work for the betterment of the whole expedition,digging for example. i am glad it is in good shape, or Norrec might not be here today to grace us with his presence. Didnt he go down to the first volley of kobold arrows? i seem to remember the  golem rescuing him under fire, his strength enabled him to rescue norrec before the next volley of arrows even, if us dwarves had been first to norrecs aid, we would have many more dead or injured i'd wager, as we picked norrec up as a group and limped off with him while under constant arrow fire. If i had not been there to back norrec up, or if the golem had never been repaired, we would still be in mourning i think. I would like to think that kogan is very satisfied with his foresight, i cannot presume to speak for him, but i know i would be.

If the golem were not repaired, i would not have learned any swordsmanship, if i wasnt eager to test my skill on the kobolds i would not have gone into battle, if i had not backed up norrec, the rest of those that were present might have tried to slowly drag norrec away in a gurney or something worse, imagine if he were left behind, or if he had 3 wounded dwarves laid low by kobold arrows. I bet none of the other dwarves present would have left him behind to die. are the rest of those that were present even as well armoured as him?

"Ahem. What I do know, is that Norrec is female. Obviously you don't know alot about this group."
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: January 29, 2011, 07:11:46 pm »

Quote from: Argument 2
((Assuming the text above was his argument of course))

"We're not here to debate whether or not your golem has proven useful, we're here to decide whether or not you have attempted to steal from the other dwarves here at the fortress.  You simply must face the facts that attempting to steal from Urist and I five times (once for each item), Gar twice, once successfully, Litast once, and take someone's personal Leather Armor is unacceptable for anyone.  I should like to see what you would do if I attempted, for example, to steal your iron golem nine times.  T'is no different then how you have treated your fellow dwarves."

"If you wish to get into an argument about the golem, very well, I will explain my reasoning.  When we came here, everything was put into a stockpile and was decided to be used as needed by the community.  Included in that stockpile were metal fittings with which we could begin constructing furniture so that we would be able to create doors, and other find implements for both comfort and security.  When your golem began to break down, which you bought as it was with no expectation of being able to repair it once we got here, you had two of our dwarves spend an entire day, which could have been spent doing other things, such as finding food, mining, building a protective wall, etc., repairing YOUR golem with communal fittings.  In fact, your golem required most of the fitting we had left.  In the end, you essentially stole their those fittings and the time of the dwarves who worked on your golem because you are in no way interested in sharing ANYTHING you think belongs to you with any other dwarf." 

Your selfish ways truly know no bounds do they Sandow?  You think it's perfectly acceptable to use goods that have been set aside by the community for bettering the entire community to better only yourself.  You see no problem with stealing from anyone in this camp, at any time.  You even attempted to steal from a grieving lover.  I'm surprised that they even allowed you to call yourself a noble, as there is certainly nothing noble in your actions.  You've constantly be attempting to sabotage the works of the other dwarves by building your own personal rooms which we have had to force you to abandon many times over.  In the end, the only thing that matters to you Sandow, is how many valuables, how much power you have at the end of the day, isn't it?  It doesn't matter that the other dwarves in this fortress might be in danger because of your actions.  As long as Sandow gets what Sandow wants, right?  If you have enough money, you can buy your way out of any problem, can't you?  At least that's what I assume you must be thinking because that's clearly what your actions are showing.  Your Honors, I turn the floor over to Sandow to answer the questions raised in his second argument.

((Damn, I'd make a good lawyer :P))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 07:14:20 pm by V-Norrec »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: January 29, 2011, 07:13:43 pm »

Aggressor Statement 1
Norrec's presentation is marred by appearing overly aggressive and unfocused.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Defender Statement 1
Sandow eloquently explains his position, and manages to not be too condescending.
Aggressor Statement 2
Norrec presents her side with a better control over her rage.
Defender Statement 2
Aggressor Statement 3
Defender Statement 3
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 07:20:10 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: January 29, 2011, 07:15:15 pm »

Colonial Law is the Best Law.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: January 29, 2011, 07:20:03 pm »

Colonial Law is the Best Law. THE BEST.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 249