A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142634 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent
« Reply #3600 on: January 29, 2011, 02:03:57 am »

"There should be no reason for the defendant to interrogate the judges, as they are not the ones on trial. Rhetorical questions such as "If you were starving in the wild, wouldn't you also consider devouring the weakest member of the group?" are also prohibited."
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: January 29, 2011, 02:05:17 am »

I say a vote be cast involving all dwarves at the end of the trial to find him Innocent, Guilty, or Guilty with no punishment. If you have your own idea on the matter please speak up.
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: January 29, 2011, 02:07:02 am »

"But that's against the ruuuuuules!" Waves rules about.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: January 29, 2011, 02:11:48 am »

please forgive me your honor and overseers i only wished to ask questions so that i could know some of the rules that i think may come up. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the rule of law, and would hate presuming some procedure mistakenly.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: January 29, 2011, 02:23:56 am »

"Very well, I hereby swear to Ekast, Goddesses of oaths and loyalty, that I, Norrec Rikkirmebzuth, will only work to administering justice, and only through truthful means.  Let no deceit cross my lips, so help me."

Quote from: Arguement 1
Take Unclaimed gold bar, Flawless Jet, steel dagger+1 if unclaimed, leather armour unless inconvenient, claim those extra clothes as a change of clothes.

Those are Norrec's gold bars, Coughdrop's jet, Samthere's dagger, Rolan's clothes and the armour could belong to a few people. I should note down if its personally owned.

"To affirm that as I claim, the various goods that Sandow attempted to steal were in the possession of others, I call Urist Orebalance, or if the court believe he is too biased a witness, then Litast, whom was nearly a victim of this particular crime."

*Insert Litast's or Urist's statement here*

"This was merely the first in a long history of attempted theft however.  I would like to bring up several more incidents to prove that this is a pattern of behavior that action must be taken against or else risk having is spread to other members of our fortress and setting this fortress up to be no more than a den of thieves."

I claim her bed! and the gold bars+anything else Drag it to my bedroom.

"His greed also took hold during the short time in which I was dead as he attempted to steal my goods from Urist, to whom they should rightfully be passed down to.  This unabashed greed and willingness to steal from others has been proven multiple times over and this is a most callous example as he attempted to steal from a grieving lover, who just witnessed his lover's violent murder.  Have you no shame Sandow?  HAVE YOU NO SHAME?"

i read i before it was cool

New schedule
000-700;7hours; Train sword skill on golem. Golem digs meanwhile (a bedroom 2 squares big, one square of which will be for the door)
700-800 ;1hour; eat the best available,warm it up at the fire. golem diggs in my place.

800-1500;7hours;Train a dog for tracking by searching for mikhails hiding spot, use his grave or personal effects as a scent reference, track the missing male chicken with any spare time.
1500-1600;1hour; eat the best available, and warm it up at the fire. golem digs while i eat

1600-2300; sleep in bed, golem stands guard in doorway.
2300-2400; eat in bed. have the golem warm it up in the fire. golem digs while i eat and watch him

"I would also like to point out that in his latest attempt to steal from those who set up the fortress beside him, he took possession of somebody's dog, without asking might I add, trained him in tracking, at the very least as the extent of the training is not known to anyone other than Sandow, and then tracked down goods belonging to Mikhail and claimed all of what he found for his own, as can very clearly be seen by the growth of his personal possessions, despite many of those goods being found could have been used to help the fortress in general.  I would also like to remind the judges that much work in the fortress was put forth to ensuring the continued operation of what he claims to be HIS golem.  We did this at great risk to the fortress as many of the metal fittings were needed for construction and took much time to apply to his golem, and that no payment of any kind was given by Sandow for the repair of his golem but done merely out of the good will of the members of this fortress."

"I call Tholtig to testify to the growth of the personal possessions, Gar to comment on the stealing of his puppy and, Kogan to testify that the work on his golem was done free of charge with no payment received of any kind."

*insert statements here*

"With all of this evidence, we can be certain the Sandow has displayed an attitude of contempt for other members of this fortress, not only by attempting to steal items that rightfully belonged to them, but in the case of Gar's puppy, successfully stealing another's pet, merely for his own personal gain.  This pattern of behavior is unmistakable, and it is my hope that the judges will come to the same conclusion as I, that this behavior is completely inappropriate and should not be tolerated by any member of this fortress, noble or not, for any reason."

((Note to those called, please comment only on the matters you were called about, refrain from details not necessary to the story and also refrain from giving your own opinion on this case))

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: January 29, 2011, 02:55:16 am »

"Madness, on the verge of death, and here we are trying to put a dwarf on trial. we have othr scwabbles to deal with. Why waste a day bickering over a fools bread or a fools gold when one can make bread or forge gold. Soon there wont be bread only gold. and you cant eat gold, i've tried. Forsake your hearts! Lead with reason! Madness i tell you. Madness!
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: January 29, 2011, 03:01:13 am »

((A few hours to punish a thief won't make or break us. 

Edit:  Also I'm perfectly happy with just three members during trials, I don't want this to be politically motivated in some kind of popularity contest, but a decision based on the facts and arguments made.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 04:08:40 am by V-Norrec »

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mess wi' meh booze n' die!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: January 29, 2011, 03:29:10 am »

((Yup.  What V said.  OMIGOD, I agree w/ V!  What is the Fort coming to!?  XD  Good thing I study Medieval history, it gives me bad GREAT ideas for punishing criminals!  XD))

*While on the way to sparring, he sees the trial thingy.*  "Oi, if this git's found guilty, I remembar a punishment from the mainaland for 'em.  Ye scribe or brand th' rune for "T" (or the dwarven equivalent) fer "thief" for minor robbery.  Fer somethin' mae aggregious, ye could just chop 'is good 'and offeh." he replies grimly while showing his axe,  "I also dae executions and bris's ((sp?))!"  ((LOL.  XD))
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!
Lemme, AXE you a question!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: January 29, 2011, 10:41:49 am »

Kogan to testify that the work on his golem was done free of charge with no payment received of any kind."
"Yes, my work on the golem was done with no payment expected or received, only my hopes that the golem would be used to help ensure our continued survival."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: January 29, 2011, 10:57:50 am »

((Oh god, I go to sleep and a trial appears out of nowhere!?! So I take its about the recent stash that we found and him taking a puppy and all that.. I wish I brought that Iron golem...))

Urist's statement here
"Well.. The fact that he did, infact try to take Norrec's stuff that should have been passed on to me clearly shows a deep lack of respect for other people and their belongings. If he is guilty then he should be taught a lesson on his greed."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:20:09 am by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: January 29, 2011, 11:19:36 am »

Walk out of the trial. pick up a pic axe, and strike a random rock. return the picaxe and st an meditate (perhaps a book on meditation)
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: January 29, 2011, 04:18:12 pm »

Tholtig to testify to the growth of the personal possessions
"Well, I can't swear what he had or didn't have, or what he might have been hiding. I can say he now has a lot more than any of us ever did, and a lot more than we ever knew he had."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3612 on: January 29, 2011, 04:44:07 pm »

"Sandow, I've a question for yeh. In what way did you come tae possess chainmail armor, silk, and various other goods that ye did nae possess when ye left the Mountainhome?"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: January 29, 2011, 06:16:34 pm »

"Sandow, I've a question for yeh. In what way did you come tae possess chainmail armor, silk, and various other goods that ye did nae possess when ye left the Mountainhome?"

(I got the chainmail when i found mikhail hidden stash, the silk and various other goods came in my bins.
All nobles come with 2 bins full of belongings and they are all i have left with me to remember my old life in the mountainhomes. i submit as evidence nobles get bins by referencing the OOC thread first page, one of the perks of having been from a rich backround is 2 free bins of precious goods. The gm didnt tell me what exactly was in mikhails stash when i found it but he did update my inventory for me. I presume mikhaisl stash had the chainmail, the sword and buckler and the leather armour. the rest of the items i bought with my personal starting money, and i think that covers everything except my training sword which i whittled myself. its not as if i have not had things stolen too i am missing a chicken, but i am not so presumptuous as to accuse one of our own of having stolen it.)

1 Brownstalk Bedding
1 Pine Training Shortsword
1 Iron Golem
3 Chickens
1 Skirmish Rooster
1 Full Brownstalk Clothes
1 Forged Iron Shortsword
1 Steel Sabre +1
1 Yard Steel Chain
1 Padded Silk Vest
1 Padded Silk Leggings
1 Silver Dish
1 Silver Goblet
2 Silk Cloth Bolts
2 Bear Hides
1 Full Padded Leather Armour
1 Full Forged Iron Chainmail
1 Forged Iron Buckler

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: January 29, 2011, 06:31:01 pm »

(And you didn't tell people about it... Thats not going to look good..)
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 249