A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142658 times)

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mess wi' meh booze n' die!"
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent
« Reply #3555 on: January 28, 2011, 06:13:28 pm »

*Tor grabs his newly finished skull, puts it  on top of his pile of kegs in his room and grabs his weapons to go sparring.*
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!
Lemme, AXE you a question!

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 19-25: Dwarven Caravan Approaches Elven Retreat
« Reply #3556 on: January 28, 2011, 07:02:33 pm »

(This was my schedule. I know the GM had me doing some general mining and some random cooking for some reason, but the dog i was trying to train and the bedroom i was trying to dig were never mentioned again. Now that the update posted, i feel like i have to spam my actions to get them to happen, or get any feedback. The equipment seems to have been found right away, so was the dog trained right away or did i just stumble on it? was the bedroom dug? was the chicken tracked?did my skills go up? what does it take for my stated actions to register in-game? I wasnt mentioned and the gm is choosing my actions for me? should i go back to posting in large bold print again?)

My apologies, somehow I missed that. With 15 dwarves and the rest of the world to run, this sort of thing will keep on happening, though I certainly hope that it will not be common.

-The puppy was Gar's, Uth. Since you 'borrowed without asking', I can only assume that Gar took it back (unless they say that you can keep it).
-Your personal mining project was overruled by everybody else, including the leadership and military telling you to work with the rest.
-You do not own a bed.
-No sign of the missing chicken or puppy.

If you like you can also pick out an appearance so that I can make a little portrait for the character, and whatever political factions you support.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: January 28, 2011, 07:13:47 pm »

Litast throws a stone at Sandow before running off and yelling "Armok wills it!"

All a joke. Take it seriously if you want, but I'm not likely to care.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:27:21 pm by CoughDrop »
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: January 28, 2011, 07:17:42 pm »

Hobble after Litast.  "Who's Armok?  What's going on?  Are we overthrowing the nobles now?"  I ask trying to keep up on my crutches.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 19-25: Dwarven Caravan Approaches Elven Retreat
« Reply #3559 on: January 28, 2011, 09:41:07 pm »

(This was my schedule. I know the GM had me doing some general mining and some random cooking for some reason, but the dog i was trying to train and the bedroom i was trying to dig were never mentioned again. Now that the update posted, i feel like i have to spam my actions to get them to happen, or get any feedback. The equipment seems to have been found right away, so was the dog trained right away or did i just stumble on it? was the bedroom dug? was the chicken tracked?did my skills go up? what does it take for my stated actions to register in-game? I wasnt mentioned and the gm is choosing my actions for me? should i go back to posting in large bold print again?)

My apologies, somehow I missed that. With 15 dwarves and the rest of the world to run, this sort of thing will keep on happening, though I certainly hope that it will not be common.

-The puppy was Gar's, Uth. Since you 'borrowed without asking', I can only assume that Gar took it back (unless they say that you can keep it).
-Your personal mining project was overruled by everybody else, including the leadership and military telling you to work with the rest.
-You do not own a bed.
-No sign of the missing chicken or puppy.

If you like you can also pick out an appearance so that I can make a little portrait for the character, and whatever political factions you support.

(Firstly. I understand you are overburdened and i dont hold it against you at all. you've been flawless at fixing it in the past so no harm no foul.
Secondly. Since i would have done something else if i had been updated that i cannot train the dog, can i have done something else with the time? i devoted lots of time during the week to training that dog i thought, can i have engraved the smooth wall or some other stuff? that was 8 hours of work each day for a week that was wasted in that case. (somebody was building a wall, that is a task me and my golem could have helped with)
Thirdly i want to have dug my room anyways. It was previously established by the dwarves that freedom was a high priority as long as you werent working against each other, I have not tried to stop others or even told others what to do. I just want to pursue my own goals, there are lots of tasks i want to accomplish but i have to notice when one is done or at least if it is impossible before i move on to the next one. The tracking dog was for the good of the fortress and i dont know why anybody would keep it from me since it was so food could be hunted better.

lastly, i like my portrait. But if you really want i can give a description if you just enjoy drawing me if you want. Also if somebody wants to know my political thoughts they can ask me in character)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 09:53:09 pm by Hastur »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: January 28, 2011, 09:52:09 pm »

Litast throws a stone at Sandow before running off and yelling "Armok wills it!"

All a joke. Take it seriously if you want, but I'm not likely to care.

"whats all this then? why the hostility? have I offended you in some way? It is as if the rest of you are conspiring against me behind my back with unfounded gossip and accusation. it is like a human witchunt around here. We are all proud dwarves here, we should act like it. If we cannot stand together against our enemies then we will be struck down one by one. i have done nothing against you all. I have even cooked efficient soups for the good of the expedition. Am I the only one sensible enough to water down the stew and use alcohol in the cooking process to extend out limited supplies. I've left the mountainhomes to escape the status quo and succeed or fail on my own merits just like thwe rest you! If you are going to allege something bring some proof. I have never had a lowborne peasant beaten for rumor mongering before. just because we are away from the reach of dwarven justice does not mean you should degenerate into you low feral base fears. This is an opportunity to prove yourselves. if you have some conflict with me say it to my face so i can defend myself. Dont scurry in the dark like a pathetic mewling kobold, casting stones and running away from the consequences. Dont prove your detractors right and instead show them that you can govern yourselves without imploding."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: January 28, 2011, 09:55:45 pm »

"Just a suggestion here, but I think the watering-down has everyone a little on edge. Maybe ease up on the alcohol usage as well, eh?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: January 28, 2011, 09:56:29 pm »

Thirdly i want to have dug my room anyways. It was previously established by the dwarves that freedom was a high priority as long as you werent working against each other, I have not tried to stop others or even told others what to do. I just want to pursue my own goals
((Trouble is, you can't just start carving out rooms at will without affecting the whole fortress. Once we get a bit more spread out, it might be possible to dig out your own room without really affecting anything, but right now we're so bunched in that everything is either needed where it is or intended to be something else.

As an example, look at Gar's intended forge room- it ended up completely dug out and expanded into a farming area.))

"AHEM, you seem to have been holding out on us. If we're all proud dwarves, why are you hiding silverware and watering down the liquor without telling anyone?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: January 28, 2011, 10:02:58 pm »

"Just a suggestion here, but I think the watering-down has everyone a little on edge. Maybe ease up on the alcohol usage as well, eh?"

"Already done. once the reality of our reserves was made apparent i no longer cooked that recipe. My main dish so far has been sandow stew, and it uses no alcohol at all in fact"

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: January 28, 2011, 10:19:16 pm »

Thirdly i want to have dug my room anyways. It was previously established by the dwarves that freedom was a high priority as long as you werent working against each other, I have not tried to stop others or even told others what to do. I just want to pursue my own goals
((Trouble is, you can't just start carving out rooms at will without affecting the whole fortress. Once we get a bit more spread out, it might be possible to dig out your own room without really affecting anything, but right now we're so bunched in that everything is either needed where it is or intended to be something else.

As an example, look at Gar's intended forge room- it ended up completely dug out and expanded into a farming area.))

"AHEM, you seem to have been holding out on us. If we're all proud dwarves, why are you hiding silverware and watering down the liquor without telling anyone?"

"I have not watered down any liquor at all, another baseless accusation. I cooked soup so that the broth was more filling than the ingredients alone. Thus extending our food supplies. I did it with the best intentions for our expedition in mind. And I did not mention it to anybody because nobody asked, and i doubted anyone would object. Would you ahve me go to some authority before acting in the best interest of the whole? I did not know you were such as lover of beaurocracy. This is just like the puppy i attempted to train for our hunters. Spring is coming soon, and it would have been a great aid in flushing rabbits or whatever out of their holes. But apparently somebody objected. I hope they qare proud of themselves when they go hungry

As for the allegation that i am holding out on the rest of you. Why are you snooping through my things? You know they are mine so you must have seen that those bins were clearly labelled SANDOW. Lurking around is a crime, and back home the guards would be eager do punish the sneaks. But i forgive you, there are no nobles i need to impress here by having others hammered. We can build a new society were the classes work together in cooperation and trust. have any of you asked to temporarily borrow my gear? The only thing i have asked for is a bed, and it was denied to me. Have any of you asked to borrow my personal belonging? what if i told you i would have gladly shared before i saw your true colors. I even donated my rock crafts to the caravan for the greater good of the community. I will not have my name sullied when i am completely innocent. Bring some evidence of wrongdoing or keep your suspicions to yourselves. Does the hammerer go about crushing your digits based on speculation? based on hearsay? based on circumstantial evidence? Perhaps you fear me? is that it? i can only tell you that i am on your side. I will always stand with my fellow dwarf over any other mongrel race. I will not sell you out to the elves, not for all the money in the human kingdoms. I am a dwarf and that means something to me. I didn't not choose to be a noble and i do not hold any of your classes against you, i wish you would give me the same courtesy. I do not abuse my position of noble, i let you all govern yourselves as you see fit, do not enact your mandates upon me when i impose no mandates of my own! dont be pretenders, dont give out mandates as if you had  authority over another dwarf. take a look at yourself for gods sake"
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 10:21:28 pm by Hastur »

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: January 28, 2011, 10:25:20 pm »

¡Viva el dwarfdom!
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: January 28, 2011, 10:34:27 pm »

"Really, it's good to know that you've never would do anything against your fellow dwarves, other than steal puppies, perhaps train them against their owners will, take every scrap of metal you can find, claim it for your own, not even think of giving the good equipment to those who face danger, attempt to steal my gold bars, and attempt to steal my bed, among whatever acts you did in the Mountainhomes.  I'm glad you're on our side, it's so good to know, isn't it guys?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: January 28, 2011, 10:53:55 pm »

"You don't abduct someone's puppy without so much as telling them about it and then claim nobody ever asked. Where exactly do you get off talking about others looking at your possessions when you've actually stolen that which belongs to another?

None of us have ever tried to hide our possessions from one another. If you'd be perfectly willing to share them with us, why hide them at all? And for that matter, why so riled by our 'snooping' in the first place?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: January 28, 2011, 11:02:18 pm »

"...I'm gonna stay out of this one, none of my business, and so forth."

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: January 28, 2011, 11:23:44 pm »

"You don't abduct someone's puppy without so much as telling them about it and then claim nobody ever asked. Where exactly do you get off talking about others looking at your possessions when you've actually stolen that which belongs to another?

None of us have ever tried to hide our possessions from one another. If you'd be perfectly willing to share them with us, why hide them at all? And for that matter, why so riled by our 'snooping' in the first place?"

"i didnt abduct your puppy because it was never missing. if you want to accuse me of attempting to train it then im guilty as charged, and if i may ask what have i stolen? i saw some things in the communal list according to the records, i tried to pick them up so the valubles wouldnt be in plain sight for some kobolds to steal. Since they were on the communal list i didnt know anybody owned them, once somebody claimed ownership of them i chose to belive them and not to accuse them of lying. We can be reasonable here. as to why i am "riled up" about peoples snooping you have missed the entire point. the entire point is that i trust you guys, and i am willing to forgive peoples trespasses because it was surely a mistake and a miscommunication, that is hardly what i would call riled up, its more what i would call a baseless accusation.. Please dont assert i stole without proof, please dont claim i am hiding things from you when they are clearly in a bin with my name on it and dont claim i abducted your puppy when you've always been in possession of it.

look it takes more effort to prove an allegation false than it does to show how wrong the allegation is. We can only act once we have proof of a misdeed otherwise it would behoove the individual to accuse first and our society would implode. I can aleave you of these mistakes in critical thinking. with a backround in philosophy and logic you will have a more consistent and reality based worldview, maybe we can schedule a time so you do not have to be overburdened with irrational fears and hatred against imaginary wrongs? We can start on why hearsay is not evidence. What happens when a new migrant comes in and hears all these accusations, that is how witchunts happen. As dwarves we should be above petty human fallacies like those." Who said i stole this or that? do you belive them? did they give you evidence? i dont know how anybody can go through life just believing anything they happen to overhear, when were you deprived of your puppy? you have first hand experience in this, i was not keeping it from you, how did i hide my things? they are in plain sight to anybody that cares to open my 2 crates, or the items on my belt. I am not your enemy here, just stand back and look at things objectively.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 249