A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 143018 times)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 30-?: Watashi wa nihongo wo ichikagetu narrate imasu.
« Reply #3300 on: January 16, 2011, 07:55:49 pm »

((I have to ask CoughDrop, why are you trying to reason with everything, including Kobolds and Hell-bugs, some things just can't be reasoned with.))

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: January 16, 2011, 08:17:28 pm »

((*shrug*  Might be but where is the excitement in all of that?  I mean seriously, then the game would be just like going to endless board meetings, and boring too.))

Edit:  ((I'm answering in this thread because a fragmented conversation would be slightly confusing, and who wants that?))
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 08:19:36 pm by V-Norrec »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: January 16, 2011, 09:38:13 pm »

Edit:  ((I'm answering in this thread because a fragmented conversation would be slightly confusing, and who wants that?))
((Yeah, ideally this should be in OOC, but it's kind of an awkward transition most of the time.

Anyway, the fact that they have a language makes my desire to get several as slaves/pets slightly more dubious. In theory it also opens the possibility of peaceful negotiations, but there seems to be a fair amount of support for outright genocide, so I dunno about that one.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: January 16, 2011, 10:35:28 pm »

"Attention, please: No iron is to be used without my authorization until Litast gets back. Thank you."

((I'm in favor of befriending them, although I'm not sure what sort of bribes we can afford to give them.))

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: January 16, 2011, 10:47:34 pm »

((... You're kidding me, you are going to try to befriend the Kobolds, well all right, I'm not going to be the one to make the offering though.  I'm going to be the one figuring out how to drop boulders on their heads from the cliff above.  Just sayin' dood.))

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: January 17, 2011, 11:19:01 am »

we could do a ceremony where one of us lay down his weapons and bow before them while he tries to show them we want no harm.........OR someone could try and learn kobold...or we could shoot flaming ballista bolts into the cave to light it up so we can shoot them.
(my bet is for fire)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: January 18, 2011, 12:00:38 am »

"most of us want to go deal with the kobolds, so we need to develop a plan. We must go with the capability to destroy them all if it comes to that. To ensure our victory we need to wait for the caravan to return with more dwarfpower, just to be safe, They nearly killed Norrec. Our first step will be to formulate a plan, and to do that we need to scout out their outpost , we know almost nothing about it. I am adept in gesturing to the ignorant, even from far away, it is a hobby of sorts and I should be able to communicate with the kobolds if it comes to that. but before we take more elaborate steps in preperation we need to know what we are dealing with and gather some information on the kobolds and their defences and capabalities. if they have nothing to offer us we can purge them from the area, I'm shure some sort of war wagon could maybe be jurry rigged together to shield us from arrows on our approach? Lets hear some ideas."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: January 18, 2011, 12:15:38 am »

I'd help, but I'm afraid my injuries are just too severe to allow me to begin the hard work that would have to be done on a wagon to ensure the relative safety of both the pack animal and the team aboard it.  I might risk helping you next week though.  Of course, if we had a couple people go up top, dig up some boulders and drop them down on the kobolds, I'm pretty sure that'd kill them all too.  We have some climbing equipment and rope still if I remember correctly.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: January 18, 2011, 12:39:28 am »

Next colour to speak has to be blue, otherwise the rainbow dies!
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: January 18, 2011, 12:40:52 am »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: January 18, 2011, 01:27:51 am »

TASTE THE RAINBOW MUTHA #*^$#!&

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3312 on: January 18, 2011, 01:33:24 am »

It's really quite simple to get rid of the kobolds: wait until we are an established colony, then burn the little rat bastards out. Dry hay to start the fire, wet hay to make oodles of smoke.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: January 18, 2011, 01:42:36 am »

It's really quite simple to get rid of the kobolds: wait until we are an established colony, then burn the little rat bastards out. Dry hay to start the fire, wet hay to make oodles of smoke.

((Shush, you're d- I mean, not there.))
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mess wi' meh booze n' die!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: January 20, 2011, 04:37:52 am »

((Sent shade a character sheet, not sure when I'll be in this.  XP))
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!
Lemme, AXE you a question!
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 249