A lot
- 1 (9.1%)
A ton
- 1 (9.1%)
All of it
- 3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 249

Author Topic: Cobalt Fortress: Days 48 onward: This is the spring of our discontent  (Read 142622 times)

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 19-25: Aftermath of the Mild Anxiety
« Reply #3120 on: January 07, 2011, 06:35:01 pm »

I would post the turn, but nobody has decided when the group is going and what trade goods they bring.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:17:08 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

DrunkDorfPally

• Bay Watcher
  • "Mess wi' meh booze n' die!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: January 07, 2011, 09:13:31 pm »

((Hello, any chance your expidition for goods will run into these people?  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=55601.1395  I would join, but I'd probably be able to do about a post a day and would fall behind everyone else.  X(  ))
Lemme introduce yer ta me friends: righty axe and lefty axe. They want ta kiss yer bloody face!
Lemme, AXE you a question!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: January 07, 2011, 09:17:04 pm »

They are leaving after 3 days of preparing trade goods and getting supplies for the trip loaded and ready.  I will also attempt to make a cart out of beams of wood and any metal fittings made by Gar.  They are taking with them, the trade goods produced, 300 DB, and the Granite Plates and Goblets.  ((Yey for taking the lead despite having no authority))

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: January 07, 2011, 09:26:42 pm »

If you use each pack animal, you could carry 12 bins of goods, plus one per dwarf if they don't use their backpack for anything else.

DrunkDorfPally, you can take Twi, ruudhulk, or MissUlteriorMotives character as they appear to be aggressively not-playing. Posting once a day is fine, too.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 09:28:22 pm by Shade-o »
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: January 07, 2011, 09:29:54 pm »

Yeah, it definitely works for the schedules, and you can leave one of us to take care of your character in more fast-paced situations.

Edit:  Have them prepare as many goods as possible with the bones and the shells, that way we're getting rid of mostly rubble anyhow.  ((How man trinkets per gold bar can be produced, because if we make rings out of one gold bar we could end up with a lot of valuable rings if we did that >.>  <.<))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 09:33:39 pm by V-Norrec »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: January 07, 2011, 09:58:57 pm »

They are leaving after 3 days of preparing trade goods and getting supplies for the trip loaded and ready.  I will also attempt to make a cart out of beams of wood and any metal fittings made by Gar.  They are taking with them, the trade goods produced, 300 DB, and the Granite Plates and Goblets.  ((Yey for taking the lead despite having no authority))

This is fine with me.  I'm eager to leave, but it makes a lot of sense to prepare goods first.
Until we leave, I'll just chop wood, then I'll use the loadout I already described.

Reposting:

00-07: Sleep
07-08: Breakfast - Water and prepared food
08-18: Cut logs.  Lunch by foraging if possible.
18-19: Watch sunset, try to pray to Kun, chat with Urist
19-20: Dinner - Water and prepared food
20-22: Milk the purring maggots
22-23: Play with Denrhymed, alone.
23-24: Sleeeep

I'll bring:
My axe
On belt:
  My purring maggot
  Waterskin
  My chicken
My backpack (20 capacity) full of plump helmet, and a granite bowl.
My leather armor
Denrhymed
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cobalt Fortress: Days 19-25: Dwarven Caravan Approaches Elven Retreat
« Reply #3126 on: January 07, 2011, 10:54:20 pm »

Currently there are 6 backpacks and enough rope to secure 8 other containers. Maximising the animals to carry 12 total would leave two backpacks to be worn by dwarves, while everyone fills their belts and carries a container in their hands. That's basically treating them as slaves though, so a good rest would be earned.

4 Pack animals: 12 Medium
2 Backpack Dwarves: 4 Medium, 8 Small
Each Extra Dwarf: 1 Medium 4 Small each

If all possible space was used for bringing back food or drink on the way back, the animals and backpacks could carry 280 rations and hands and belts carry another 36 from each dwarf.

Building a new cart would allow an animal to carry 120 instead of 60, and free up another three backpacks for dwarves to carry.

4 Pack Animals, Cart: 15 Medium
5 Backpack Dwarves: 10 Medium, 20 Small
Each Extra Dwarf: 1 Medium 4 Small each

If all possible space was used for bringing back food or drink on the way back, the animals and backpacks could carry 400 rations and hands and belts carry another 36 from each dwarf.
Bringing Sandow's Golem would let it carry another three containers with ease.

Building a second cart would exhaust your forged iron supplies, but increase capacity by an additional 3 containers. With four pack animals and two carts, a golem, and six dwarves with backpacks, you could transport a grand total of 756 meals. In a minimum two-week travel period the 14 Dwarves would consume roughly the same total amount of food and drink, though replacing alcohol with water and foraging would reduce that.

Ultimately, the expedition would extend the food supply by two weeks, while forgoing all other production.

Your comically depressing situation would probably entice the Elves to help you transport more supplies, though.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: January 07, 2011, 10:59:22 pm »

I blame the Golem for all of this >.> .  Let's hope the Elves are feeling charitable, I'll build 2 carts though.  ((Thankfully I'll be able to tear the carts apart again and reclaim the forged iron.))

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: January 07, 2011, 11:08:22 pm »

Yes, but tearing an item apart for fittings and smelting things down into bars loses some material at each step.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: January 07, 2011, 11:13:16 pm »

Yeah, true, I guess I'll go hunting for Mikhail's Sword and Buckler so we can melt those down (I'm totally stealing the Chainmail for myself though.) next week.   I was expecting to lose some but we should at least bring back as much as we can if the elves aren't feeling very charitable towards our plight.

Edit:  Also you can't ignore the chance for my carpentry to improve out of all this building and taking apart.  It's a definite benefit.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:15:05 pm by V-Norrec »

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: January 07, 2011, 11:18:11 pm »

Bring plenty of weapons, too, you might encounter a pack of wolves or goblin scout party or roaming mammoth or a demon or a kobold or any number of unpleasant enemies.

If I am getting this right, the caravan will consist of:

1 Mule, 1 Horse pulling two carts
2 Mules carrying containers
1 Golem carrying containers

Four people with backpacks
Litast - Trader, Leader
Adil - Explorer, Guide
Shem - Soldier
Urist - ???
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:11:21 am by Shade-o »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: January 07, 2011, 11:39:39 pm »

They're taking both public supply daggers and I imagine all of the Personal weapons they have as well, they should be fine.  Athor and I on the other hand, should hope a wolf pack doesn't attack us as we'll be desperately short on weapons with my quarterstaff, 1 Crossbow (Adil is leaving his behind, but I imagine someone on the expedition wants the Lilli's old crossbow), 2 shortswords (Athor's and my own), a bucker, and a heater shield (athor's) to split between 6 or 7 dwarves.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 11:41:50 pm by V-Norrec »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: January 07, 2011, 11:48:38 pm »

Demon-mammoth being ridden by a wolf-kobold. Its prey is always surprised.

12-6 Sleep
6-7 Breakfast of Mud Worm Paste and Dwarven Beer
7-7 Work
7-8 Dinner of Crab and Dwarven Wine
8-10 Play
10-12 Sleep

Work consists of:

1. Making two new batches of metal fittings out of forged iron
2. Producing rock crafts

If the crafters' shop is occupied, forge new tools (presumably from forged iron) and build a new crafters' workshop out of them and three blocks.

Play consists of:

-Singing
-Training puppies for battle and alerting the camp to danger
-Meditating on the gods
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:01:28 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: January 07, 2011, 11:50:45 pm »

... we won't have any forged iron left after I build the two carts IronyOwl, you'll all just have to share it.  Unless we have some copper you can use for tools, but I'm not sure.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: January 07, 2011, 11:51:39 pm »

Building two carts would indeed consume all the remaining iron bars. There's also no copper left.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 249